crafting bound to Legacy

saremun

hi everyone and Bioware!

i really enjoy crafting in Swtor but one downside is the top tier items i can craft like Implants, potions etc which i get the recipes for from operations and flashpoints or even the crew skill vendor, i cant benefit from them on the other characters.

i have just one question, What is the point in being able to craft Rakata Implant if you already have a Black hole or better equipped on your character? wouldn't it be better if you can craft that implant to the rest of your Legacy?

If I understand right you can mail to other characters on your server so they can use them.

BOP items you loot are transferrable (for a little while) only to members of the group doing the content/raid. You've never, and still can't, been able to send them to players outside that group.

As a side note, I would love for BOP to be changed to the Bind on Legacy system.

Edited by Darevsool

like right now my Biochem is my Juggernaut and he is main tank to my guild so i may get some nice schematic from raids, my Powertech on the other hand has level 49 Implants but i don't make him the Rakata Implants cause i cant send them to him, so a bound to Legacy on such crafted items would really make it worth the effort we put on crafting.

like even the Cybertech now kinda crappy when it comes to speeders because we dont have more than 4 schematics for speeders if i remember right while the speeders from the Cartel market are just flooding the GTN, BioWare i really hope you consider what iam saying.

i have just one question, What is the point in being able to craft Rakata Implant if you already have a Black hole or better equipped on your character? wouldn't it be better if you can craft that implant to the rest of your Legacy?

The point WAS (before black hole gear was released) that by having a crafting crew skill you got a jump start on gearing up for end game. Each crafting crew skill gave the character (and potentially his/her companions) BiS gear for the time.

Furthermore, back then, one of the materials (Biometric Crystal Alloy) was a rare commodity (HM FPs were in fact hard to finish and demand for the material was higher) so actually being able to craft those items was a feat unto itself.

Now that we have, Black Hole, Campaign, and Dread Guard gear, and Biometric Crystal Allow is easy to come by, crafting the Rakata is not as impressive. And honestly, it is probably one reason why Bioware has not changed the bind - why go through the hassle of changing the bind on all those Rakata pieces (and there are a lot of them) when there is little reason to do so because better gear is readily available.

Furthermore, back then, one of the materials (Biometric Crystal Alloy) was a rare commodity (HM FPs were in fact hard to finish and demand for the material was higher) so actually being able to craft those items was a feat unto itself.

I still have my old Rakata relic of boundless ages on my artificer's inventory. Augmented, before the augmentation tables in 1.3.... oh, man... what a pain it was to get it. :D

I still have my old Rakata relic of boundless ages on my artificer's inventory. Augmented, before the augmentation tables in 1.3.... oh, man... what a pain it was to get it. :D

Hadn't even thought about that aspect. Thank you for the reminder :cool:

The point WAS (before black hole gear was released) that by having a crafting crew skill you got a jump start on gearing up for end game. Each crafting crew skill gave the character (and potentially his/her companions) BiS gear for the time.

Now that we have, Black Hole, Campaign, and Dread Guard gear, and Biometric Crystal Allow is easy to come by, crafting the Rakata is not as impressive. And honestly, it is probably one reason why Bioware has not changed the bind - why go through the hassle of changing the bind on all those Rakata pieces (and there are a lot of them) when there is little reason to do so because better gear is readily available.

i played since release too but now they really need to do something about it, i hope they take a look at crafting in SWTOR and make some changes so at least crafting will keep up with all the changes around, but i think we wont see that soon cause Cartel Market is stealing the light from the rest of the game.