Item Modifications Drops

So I picked up a project on the side, that being to which was truly better fully crafted armor (appearance armor mainly with high end mods, armoring, etc) or champion/pvp gear. I started out with making high end mods, armoring, etc thinking i was doing well and this ought to come close to champ gear. But then i saw someone advertising to sell an Armoring 25 that they had gotten from a HM FP. I compared the highest armoring i could make to that and my armoring didn't even get close. But basically long story short, learned that u get these Armoring 25s, Mod 25s, etc from HM FPs which seems kinda silly. Yea i understand PvE'ing to get them and such...but if u are wanting to do something like i am it could take months to get all the right item modifications.

Basically what i am getting at though is that why these things aren't schematics instead?

I wouldn't care if it needed HM's crafting materials or raid materials to craft, i craft them because i know FOR A FACT the crafting materials will drop. These item modifications, while yes they have their uses, are practically useless unless u get the coresponding item modifications to put into a weapon/armor piece.

To me it seems like a bad mechanic in general that involves either option A) tons of time, and I mean TONS OF TIME, to spend on HM's or option B) tons of money to buy the item modifications off people selling them. To me, these 25's things would rival the champ gear and possibly beat it out but the problem is getting them. I would much rather spend my time PvP'ing, getting valour and money at the same time i am getting champ bags.

In closing, if these item modifications dropped as mats it would seem like a possible hold over til champ gear or even to outlast champ gear in the long run. This would also give more meaning to crafters in general if they were able to produce these item modifications. Thus increasing people wanting to do HM FP's for the materials. U can argue that since u are doing HM FP's why not just try for the item modifications? no it really isnt the same as KNOWING u are going to get a crafting material.

Thoughts or Opinions anyone?