Excuse me BioWare

VdFExarKun

I think I am gonna login to my fresh Lv55 marauder and solo q for ranked :troll:

I will honestly never know what BioWare is thinking, but there is only 1 thing we can do: deal with it. Might as well try and squeeze some fun out of it while we're at it.

Honestly I think everybody should just do that, q with the lowest geared 55 toon they got and help the decay of the system and show its flaws.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By sugarcoat you mean actually post reasoned evidence.

If half your post is being profanity filtered, you are doing it wrong.

Ha! Evidence? Look around you. The evidence is everywhere, it surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the forum together. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

I didn't say that season 3 is trash, solo ranked has been trash since season 1. Instead of reanimating the PvP in this game, it helped the decline of it.

My luck didn't run out, still on first spot but I'm tired of this crappy arena system/design and the inbalance of the classes like many others. It's just not fun. It has dozens of flaws and BioWare gives a **** about it apparently.

The only thing that matters for BioWare seems to be the Cartel Market.

Basically this... I was going to shoot for All-Galaxy on my Gunslinger(still #5 somehow) But i got tired of arena's finally. 4s teams don't organize enough, and as a sniper/slinger i have to go into the Solo Queue being 99.9% sure i'll be focus target so it got old... quick

Oh and btw, love those 4 veng teams the Q system seems to generate all the time.. much fun.

PS. I canceled subs on both accounts till i see the xPAC update, no point in paying for this game currently.

Edited by ekolan

Ya pvp is what I play for, but lets be honest, I'm just waiting for a different mmo to come out-sandbox maybe-perhaps a nice little niche that I can settle into and actually have developers give a rats (insert a word for an orifice of the body that is below the belt and excretes fecal matter)

I have been playing MMOs since Clinton was in office. I have beta tested and played so many I don't even remember them all. But one thing has been universal. The players want a dev team that listens to them and in each MMO they claim to do that very thing. But in every single game I have played, you submit your bug and hack reports in beta only to discover those same bugs and hacks are still very much alive at release.

And when something just absolutely does not work (how's that 6 faction system working for you Fallen Earth???) and the players tell you it doesn't ....

Yeah, ...

But any rate, hoping for a dev team that listens to the feedback that is given is a pipe dream. It simply isn't ever going to happen regardless of which studio or dev team is behind the wheel.

And why don't they listen to you? Because at the end of the day when they are told that something they just spent +4 years of hard work on doesn't work ... I think they shut their minds and close their eyes and ears. Telling them they have to go back to the drawing board at that point just isn't an option.

...And yet somehow I still have fun playing this game.

Despite the brokenness, despite the perpetual neglect by the developers, despite the frequent bugs, despite the poor matchmaking, despite the trolls and quitters and ungeared scrubs, despite the questionable (though steadily improving) balance...

Maybe its just a product of me not wanting to/not having the time to invest myself in another MMO, though I have tried many others. But nothing else quite has the "feel" that SWTOR PVP has, and thats what keeps me coming back.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

Excuse me BioWare, but in case you haven't noticed, your entire Arena System sucks big time.

Do you expect from us to continue to play this crap for another 30 seasons? *********** get rid of this ridiculous solo ranked, it's nothing but a big joke since the start.

Give us back 8v8 FFS! Even better give us more stinking brackets for arena like 2v2 and 3v3.

*********** do something...

While I don't necessarily disagree, there are problems.

1) ELO system is complete crap for solo ranked queue, Score needs to be either for 1v1 or grouped. But having ones SOLO rank determined by 4 random strangers is just not accurate in any way shape or form.

2) 8v8 is not the answer. While I'd love to see 8v8, the problem it had was the pure focus fire and as thus, 6-7 juggs jump smash on 1 targer isn't good either. Because that's essentially what 8v8 became.

3) ranked eligibility. too many trolls queueing. Too many undergeareds in there. There needs to be some good prerequisites to get in, esp in solo ranked, say full 2018, and 60 or 70 valor. Valor needs to count for something. This is a great way to do it.

4) rewards - ranked jumped hugely in popularlity due to good rewards in season 1. Season 2 was crap rewards, thus the decline, and since s3 rewards haven't been announced, it's hurt the population

5) class imbalance, and reward eligibility. - lets face the simple fact that all classes are not created equal. Sorcs and mercs are 1st targets in pretty much all wz's. why? lack of good defense cooldowns. and as thus easy kills. add that rewards are basically based on your ranking, which is determined by the random group make up. Thus it's much much harder for and improbable for certain classes to actually get rewards and be functional.

6) bolster - this, in ranked is a joke and is supposed to be there to help people have a more consistent experience throughout all levels, thus at the height of the pvp chain, the best of the best, it does not belong

possible solutions

1) make consistent defensive cooldowns and stuns throughout all classes. Part of the reason that juggs are the gods of arena are good defensive usable cooldowns and good stun/root/aoe stuns. If they made that consistent throughout all classes, it would change pvp.

2) change the ranking system in solo ranked.

3) as suggested earlier, 60-70 valor, 2018 expertise to enter. caveat to that, no gear swaps when queued. Thus someone with 2018 could then queue, troll to zero. Add that, in ranked, remove bolster.

4} add objective based maps in 4v4. maybe a smaller huttball match. I think a big reason that regs are a lot more popular is that objective based pvp is much more satisfying.

5) rewards need to be announced early, and get people excited about queueing. Add that reward level should be high, however they also need to reseve the right to modify eligibility by class if it's obvious that certain classes just aren't competitive or as competitive. For example, look at the rankings as they are right now, and you'll see the dispartity in rankings by class. juggs/guardiansare consistently higher than mercs.

Edited by Anyakaschala

SWTOR Expansion Announcement Delayed by a couple of weeks

Wow, just wow. One day before the announcement should have taken place you drop this on us.

Is BioWare trying to make fun of us?!

I can't imagine that this decision was a last minute decision, if it was, it was a big *********** example of BioWares piss poor decision making.

What is wrong with you BioWare??

You make one bad decision after the other. Who the **** is the guy that gives his OK to all these decisions? Who is that moron that decided to delay the announcement of the second expansion for SWTOR just one day before it should have happened?

Whoever that guy is, get rid of him and let him take the arena system/design and many other things with him.

This makes me vomit.

Wow, just wow. One day before the announcement should have taken place you drop this on us.

I can't imagine that this decision was a last minute decision, if it was, it was a big *********** example of BioWares piss poor decision making.

You make one bad decision after the other. Who the **** is the guy that gives his OK to all these decisions? Who is that moron that decided to delay the announcement of the second expansion for SWTOR just one day before it should have happened?

Whoever that guy is, get rid of him and let him take the arena system/design and many other things with him.

This makes me vomit.

Will you please go back to WoW already.

More than likely their reaction will be to get rid of ranked all together.

Or dumb it down so that more noobs play... Wait, their already trying that in the solo queue by adding Conquest points... People play ranked for other reasons than Conquest points... Get rid of those... Add requirements of some sort to even be able to queue for ranked

Also get rid of Bolster in Ranked... It isn't needed and Eric Musso's response that they want people to have a good "first" experience in pvp is ridiculous... First timers to pvp should NEVER be in ranked... So that is a bullsh*t answer

Edited by Icykill_

This makes me vomit.

Better they delay, than release "another" bugged and faulty update that requires them to patch it every second day

Sure they should have known sooner... But they were probably hoping they could still meet the cut off... The fault was making the cut off so close to the release... Just bad management as usual... You think they'd have learned by now

Arenas have to be just a funny and quick time to pvp between 2 Warzones, not the basis of all the PvPsystem (ranked and class balance)

players don't solo queue because they don't give a sh** of playing your no brain arenas, even for more "shiny" rewards. :mad:

put arenas like classic warzones and put all to ranked, stop giving rewards for losing, put penalties for leaving, put an expertise minima for tag, and cancel the bolster !!

Edited by Thaladan

Better they delay, than release "another" bugged and faulty update that requires them to patch it every second day

Sure they should have known sooner... But they were probably hoping they could still meet the cut off... The fault was making the cut off so close to the release... Just bad management as usual... You think they'd have learned by now

You realize they are not delaying the expac right? They specifically said its still on schedule, the only thing they are delaying is the official press release for it.

You realize they are not delaying the expac right? They specifically said its still on schedule, the only thing they are delaying is the official press release for it.

Alright, lets think about it for a second, shall we?

They delayed the announcement for the expac one day before they actually wanted to do it. They just delayed it and are kinda fishy about their motivation for it, on the one hand they are saying that they want to give subs something special and on the other hand they're saying that they were not 100% satisfied with the announcement or w/e.

Ehm... ok...

So, there is nothing in the world that gives you the assurance that they will not delay the expac, not even that they will do so just a day before the release. Nothing. They specifically said it's still on schedule? Well they also said a lot of other things and it is not the first time things got delayed, seems to be kinda a habit of BioWare.

They said the announcement will be at the end of the month and yet they delayed it just one day before it should have happened.

Nothing is certain when it comes to BioWare and SWTOR.

Edited by VdFExarKun

Alright BioWare, you just gave me a big **** YOU right into the face.

I got two screenshots from an arena bot here:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

It is not the first time I encountered that bot, I saw him during season 2 too and you don't have to be a rocketscientist to see that this guy is a bot. I reported him accordingly back in season 2 months ago and yet here he is, still using a bot (or a script).

What is this bots behaviour in arena? The match starts, he runs straight forward across the map and at some point he stops and stands still, he doesn't attack anybody, he doesn't defend himself and he won't move a bit after he reached his scripted point to stop.

I wish I had some video footage of that match but my recording program wasn't enabled and I didn't have the time during the match to enable it, so I only got these two screenshots of him.

You, BioWare, should have still my ticket from months ago in which I reported this bot to you and apparently you did nothing? He is still around...

I applaud you BioWare for the worst management an MMO could have. You deserve an award for this, but not a good one.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

It is not the first time I encountered that bot, I saw him during season 2 too and you don't have to be a rocketscientist to see that this guy is a bot. I reported him accordingly back in season 2 months ago and yet here he is, still using a bot (or a script).

What is this bots behaviour in arena? The match starts, he runs straight forward across the map and at some point he stops and stands still, he doesn't attack anybody, he doesn't defend himself and he won't move a bit after he reached his scripted point to stop.

I wish I had some video footage of that match but my recording program wasn't enabled and I didn't have the time during the match to enable it, so I only got these two screenshots of him.

You, BioWare, should have still my ticket from months ago in which I reported this bot to you and apparently you did nothing? He is still around...

I applaud you BioWare for the worst management an MMO could have. You deserve an award for this, but not a good one.

Cryyc, he stops when he is attacked. It is worth noting that this player is not the only one using potential bots; since later today I encountered a tank assassin with 32k hp, who did the exact same thing as the jugg in question.

Perhaps the same account?

Edited by ToMyMa

Cryyc, he stops when he is attacked. It is worth noting that this player is not the only one using potential bots; since later today I encountered a tank assassin with 32k hp, who did the exact same thing as the jugg in question.

I don't know if it is the same account or not, fact is, I reported the mentioned player months ago and yet here he is, still using a bot or a script in arena and BioWare gives a **** about it apparently. Like they do with everything else.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Lol, we have Stardamon 2 seasons (as u know this guy do nothing, nobody touch him, cause he was absolute zero). Almost nobody qued on rep side, and still much less than imp side. I didn't say about competitive players. All game was with Stardamon(at least more than half). Only 1 chance to grow up rating was morning-day weekends(when imps had more bads). There are still a lot of trolls or bads who sync que on rep side. And u cry about 1 guy? Lol, i'm impressed. U need to play more on rep side dude and u will feel the difference.

Edited by helpmewin

Lol, we have Stardamon 2 seasons (as u know this guy do nothing, nobody touch him, cause he was absolute zero). Almost nobody qued on rep side, and still much less than imp side. I didn't say about competitive players. All game was with Stardamon(at least more than half). Only 1 chance to grow up rating was morning-day weekends(when imps had more bads). There are still a lot of trolls or bads who sync que on rep side. And u cry about 1 guy? Lol, i'm impressed. U need to play more on rep side dude and u will feel the difference.

Perhaps you have forgotten that I played my Gunslinger called Liztec in Season 2? I had my fair share with all the reptards.

I think I met this Assassin Tank in arena, his name is 6 letters long, consists of 4 different letters and starts with a "D"?

I would write the name here but BioWare accused me of name calling. Glad bot users and scripters are protected by the ToS.:rolleyes:

Also yes, the behaviour of that Sin bot was the same as the Jugg. The Sin bot was running and jumping, even moving around objects but when he got attacked? He immediatly stopped, doing nothing. The Sin bot didn't even use stealth, nor phase walk or force shroud, just nothing. Very similiar to that Jugg bot.

It could be the same person, it could be some new bot or script.

Edited by VdFExarKun

Rep ain't that bad. I play there sometimes myself(rarely but still sometimes) in season 2 I managed to get my scoundrel up to 1400ish the last week. And I consider myself a pretty bad scoundrel healer :)

Perhaps you have forgotten that I played my Gunslinger called Liztec in Season 2? I had my fair share with all the reptards.

Yes, with Visas, he said when need to play to grow up rating. And we said to him when need to play.

Rep ain't that bad. I play there sometimes myself(rarely but still sometimes) in season 2 I managed to get my scoundrel up to 1400ish the last week. And I consider myself a pretty bad scoundrel healer :)

They don't yep, still have decent players as Rommar, TinyDevil, Sorn etc. U can win with them, but its few players and they don't play a lot.

Btw guys play on rep side more. You will see what is republic(we have a lot of PvE conquerors, a lot of not FOTM classes/specs, just trolls or bads who que every day, what i've seen on im side - more then half of players play madness, 2-3 madness is normally vs imp). I saw a lot of imps who login into rep side when they loose to us or stop to que, especially sinc que-s, when rep have good random pack(cause they afraid to loose ELO tho) reps is 5-6 players in que, mb more depends on time, and win/loose.

Edited by helpmewin

First off all, EA is the owner of Bioware! EA is in big buisness with games like Fifa-soccer, Sims 2-4 and so on. So EA gave Bioware the order to bring a Sims system in the game, like Strongholds and furniture! And EA is in the position to do what they want, because they are the only one with a star wars licence from Disney!

The only way to sent a message, is a boycott! Let´s say, thousands of player boycott the pvp, for a week! That could be a message!