Arenas.....

seanisawake

Another arena thread :rolleyes: and no I am not against it. I think the interview you are looking at said they are keeping all possible avenues open including looking smaller warzones ie 3, 4 or 2. I got the impression that it is just an idea they are throwing around not anything they are even actively working on kind of like open world pvp just not in the schedule. For competitive pvp they want to do the rated warzone thing despite the problems. I got the feeling that they are working on that and want the hard core people funnel there after that they might maybe look at really doing something smaller. Again not saying it is a good idea or anything just putting it out there.

I don't particular care if they add arenas, but they should be at the bottom of priority list. The developers need to fix ilum, need to add better rewards than just recolored gear for rated warzones, and need better class balance. Until these three main problems in swtor are fixed, arenas shouldn't be developed. Arenas are a niche market at best. Even WoW doesn't care about arenas any more. Thus, if WoW the creator of arenas regards arenas as a failure, then why would swtor developed them for a small minority of players who want them.

People left swtor due to the ilum not working, which was completely broken. There were serious class imbalances early in the game especially with sorcerers for both the casting and melee specialization. The way gear was initially acquired was a mistake too. The champion gear bag drove many people away from pvp or completely left the game. There are more important things to add or fix than adding arenas.