If they remade Star Wars the original 3 movies ....

Nippon

Who would you have play the Main characters.......

Han Solo = Robert downey Junior

Luke Skywalker = Chris Pine

Princess Leia = Jessica Biel

Obi Wan = Ewan Mcgregor

Lando Calrisian = Don Cheadle

Personally I would like to see it happen, Im a die hard Star Wars fan and the originals will always hold a place in my heart, but Star Wars is timeless and i think would be amazing with todays technology and the right actors...

Star Trek was awesome, some said it could not be done, but what a job they did...

Batman

Spiderman

Total Recall

At the end of the day, certain films have been done and the originality is drying, reasons to make new and different films becomes impossible.

I think there is room for a Star Wars remake considering its 35 years old now.

Edited by Nippon

like others said there is no reason to ever remake the OT.

The OT is about the Story. The Story is iconic and so are the characters the thing is if you remade it what would you change? and why what would be the point?

The movies you named are not about the story but more about the characters and the in the case of Total Recal the special effects. But also notice they didn't a shot for shot remake they changed the story drastically.

The only other series I could think of that I would never want a remake of would be Lord of the Rings. That is another movie where they got the story right, the special effects still look good and the actors are great. There is nothing you could do to improve it.

Now instead of doing a remake what they should do is just new movies in a different time period.

Some things are best left unchanged. Anyone other than a cocaine addicted kerri fisher sporting the slave girl outfit would, well..... ruin it. That cast had chemistry. I cant see anyone other than Harrison Ford playing Han Solo. Han had that swagger, that smooth talking smuggler angle, i dont think anyone else could pull that off. I wouldnt suggest changing a thing, maybe as technology improves they can re d0 more of the crude sound fx in the film, but honestly i wouldnt change that either. A wrench hitting a retention line off a phone poll was and always will be BLASTER FIRE!

I'd rather not....some movies like Star Wars just can't be remade at all.

But given the recent propensity of the studios to remake movies, it would not be beyond the realm of possibility that someone at 20th Century has already approached Lucasfilm about a remake :(.

what i'm I thinking Dude they already did a remake of A New Hope in 2006

It was called Eragon. It was litteraly a beat for beat remake of A new hope. The only thing they really changed was the setting. They made in a straight fantasy world instead of a sci fantasy world. But other then that EVERYTHING is the same.

I think it will happen one day but not when GL is still around i guess.

i go by the saying "never say never", but it will never happen.

maybe when GL isn't in charge, for star wars 50th birthday or something, we might get releases of the original trilogy the way its sposed to be, with han shooting first/only shot. and vaders force ghost being vader and not emo kid wonder. but i can't ever see LA being stupid enough to try and remake them, not after the backlash they had just for changing them a bit

But given the recent propensity of the studios to remake movies, it would not be beyond the realm of possibility that someone at 20th Century has already approached Lucasfilm about a remake :(.

No...thats it, no, no, no, no, NO! You don't just remake a series of movies, that had an impact on the world. Now could it change?......A very silm, no a sliver of a chance it could but really doubt they would be. Disney movies haven't been changed(the very old ones, Bambi, Snow white(not talking about the live action...), Pinocchio etc) and why? Because you wouldn't be able to come anywhere close to what the originals had done, and people wouldn't like them nearly as much as they did the originals.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Lucas has already remade the OT and cluttered it up I would be all for a remake of what i saw earlier today

which was an untouched version of the 1977 movie i love, no cgi crap no enhanced extras and Han shot first,

even at the beginning of the crawl there was no "A New Hope" or Episode IV just plainly read Star Wars.

It was the most enjoyable 2 hours I have had in while watching a movie. So what I mean by a remake is bring back the OT the way they used to be without all the clutter.

Edited by kaalebpacus
clarification of my point

what i'm I thinking Dude they already did a remake of A New Hope in 2006

It was called Eragon. It was litteraly a beat for beat remake of A new hope. The only thing they really changed was the setting. They made in a straight fantasy world instead of a sci fantasy world. But other then that EVERYTHING is the same.

LOL that's how the book reads too. I kept hearing Obi Wan talking to the kid protagonist whenever he was receiving lessons from the old guy. Even the magic the riders have access to is described as something created by life that binds the universe together.

Lucas has already remade the OT and cluttered it up I would be all for a remake of what i saw earlier today

which was an untouched version of the 1977 movie i love, no cgi crap no enhanced extras and Han shot first,

even at the beginning of the crawl there was no "A New Hope" or Episode IV just plainly read Star Wars.

It was the most enjoyable 2 hours I have had in while watching a movie. So what I mean by a remake is bring back the OT the way they used to be without all the clutter.

Lucas didn't remake the OT, its still the same story, the same scenes(with a few little differences and some added ones), the same characters, the same fights, the same battles. The OT wasn't remade, it was edited big difference. Remaking is where you completely overhaul what was done before, have new cast, throw in some completely different scenes, new fights, etc.

OT wasn't remade.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Lucas didn't remake the OT, its still the same story, the same scenes(with a few little differences and some added ones), the same characters, the same fights, the same battles. The OT wasn't remade, it was edited big difference. Remaking is where you completely overhaul what was done before, have new cast, throw in some completely different scenes, new fights, etc.

OT wasn't remade.

well like i said earlier it A new Hope was remade but not by lucas.

• 2 months later...
Who would you have play the Main characters.......

Han Solo = Robert downey Junior

Luke Skywalker = Chris Pine

Princess Leia = Jessica Biel

Obi Wan = Ewan Mcgregor

Lando Calrisian = Don Cheadle

but Star Wars is timeless

logic fail.... why ask for a remake if you think the above??

And you need punched in the face for casting choices. Please don't ever go to film school, PLEASE! :cool: