Really stupid question but how long do one-time passwords last?

xXSchmedlyXx

For some reason or another swtor one-time passwords take FOREVER to arrive. And sometimes they don't work, so I was wondering if and when I should just not bother waiting for it to arrive and try again. And I know ya'll are going to tell me to put a security key on. That's what this is for. I want that dancer's outfit. And no, the emails are not getting caught up in my server. I just checked. They get through. They just take a while. Edited by xXSchmedlyXx

Everyone's e-mail system is different it seems. The few times I've needed an OTP, the mail was there by the time I opened my mail program. The problem seems to be more a matter of how long it takes the system and your ISP to process the mail, rather than how long it takes BW to send it.

The OTP is generally requested when your IP changes.

Edited by JediQuaker

I know some free mail providers that limit the frequency you can check for new mails, so if you checked them just before logging into the launcher, the OTP might be delayed because your provider simply doesn't send you any new mail for X minutes after you last checked.

• 2 weeks later...
A simpler solution is to get one of the authenticator programs, and a security key. You can use them from your pc, you don't even need a smart phone :) Keeps your account even more secure, and you get 100 cc's a month.

He said he was using the one time password in order to get a security key.