Worth sticking with jugg? PvP.

Cessio

So i've played juggernaut dps basicly since launch. I've had tons of breaks due to friends stopping and starting and so on.

Now i'm back. Been back for a little while. Leveled 55. And started PvP'ing, since i don't have the time to do some serious PvE.

But i'm feeling so bummed. I'm not the best geared, that i know. But i still feel like i'm utter useless. Can't do any serious dmg, i have **** survivability, and going tank is just not my way of playstyle, for not to mention still being a sorta weak tank (This i've only read).

For what i've seen and read, i don't even have the possibility to go PvE dps. Since theres no point in using a Jugg instead of an marauder.

Is it worth sticking to this, hoping for some dmg buffs (I have my doubts that it's going to happen). Or should I just say **** it, and spend some days leveling a marauder?

I've done so much on my jugg. And it just makes me sad thinking that i'm useless, and all the work i've done is just a waste.

Can any1 give me any cons for using a jugg dps?

Edited by Cessio

So i've played juggernaut dps basicly since launch. I've had tons of breaks due to friends stopping and starting and so on.

Now i'm back. Been back for a little while. Leveled 55. And started PvP'ing, since i don't have the time to do some serious PvE.

But i'm feeling so bummed. I'm not the best geared, that i know. But i still feel like i'm utter useless. Can't do any serious dmg, i have **** survivability, and going tank is just not my way of playstyle, for not to mention still being a sorta weak tank (This i've only read).

For what i've seen and read, i don't even have the possibility to go PvE dps. Since theres no point in using a Jugg instead of an marauder.

Is it worth sticking to this, hoping for some dmg buffs (I have my doubts that it's going to happen). Or should I just say **** it, and spend some days leveling a marauder?

I've done so much on my jugg. And it just makes me sad thinking that i'm useless, and all the work i've done is just a waste.

Can any1 give me any cons for using a jugg dps?

Yeah, survivability is pretty **** as a dps Jugg compared to a Mara/Sent. But when I play my Jugg alt, I feel like I have a lot more control over the situation compared to said mara/sent. I just have to be a lot smarter about it compared to my sentinel.

On my sentinel, I can easily jump into a full group throw out big burst and be able to hop out before I get killed with all the massive defensive cooldowns. If I play the same way on my Jugg (when DPS specced), I die rather gruesomely. Instead, I try to isolate enemies or throw high priority targets into a friendly group with Force Push. There's nothing better then Force Push on a healer -> Jump -> choke while your teammates shred him apart. :p

As a Jugg I simply cannot go all out DPS. I usually die way too fast unless I have a pocket healer. I play this AC more like support and disruption. Because if there's anything a Jugg is good at, it's disrupting an enemy. If there's a marked target, you're the one capable of completely disabling it.

I play Vengeance when I'm DPS specced btw. The 4 second CC immunity and 20% damage reduction after a Force Charge is golden (with Force Push it's basically 8 seconds and exiting combat resets force charge so you can instantly restart with your immunity). Not to mention the 15% speed increase in combat, recently added immobilize during Ravage.

Quick tip on survivability; Endure Pain + warzone medpack = massive heal.

I am by no means a great PvP player and everything I said is based on regular warzones, but I really do enjoy the sheer amount of control I have over the battlefield on my Jugg. My Marauder is forever chasing things while my Jugg is forever making things move the way he wants. :cool:

Long story short; Don't even try to play scoreboard PvP on a Jugg. You'll die. Just throw out taunts for support and control the enemy to the benefit of your team.

i was trying long time to master my Vengeance both in PvE PvP and it was an struggle to squish out as much dmg as possible or survive without an healer in PvP. I am that type of guy that likes to complete all planetary quest if possible, so the Ilum came and the two flashpoints The Battle for Ilum and False Emperror. I wated to complete those asap not just waiting for GF to put m after few days into desired Fp in right order and i knew that in story mode lvl55 can solo those. I also like full runs with bonuses so i thought it would be faster to have more AoE damage then single target one... So i respec... to Rage/Smash only to fully realize that i never want again return to Vengeance spec in terms of DD(damage dealing) . Where do i find an ability that deals instant 7,5k AoE damage and increases all the damage after smash by 9%, and extra surge bonus to all crits.. (i have currently 86,1% surge without even specially focusing at it i think i could make it close to 90% without much effort) so if anythings crits it hits like an Truck, and on top of that you can get an Armor piece bonus that increases all damage by 10% after leaping. So if someone will gear him right the 10K smash isn't some dream it is a real goal.

Now i know why the Devs give so crappy stats in all PvE PvP gear sets, if they gave the right ones... everyone would be smashing... now it requires some effort to properly mini/max the stats.

So in terms of PvP in a situation when you have no healer you have Vengeance support/dmg/interupting and Rage dmg/intimidate by damage classes. Without an healer both can die pretty fast, but the fear that 8-9K smash does in regular WZ's increase you survivability because much people will pop their DC all try to run away instead kill you asap and that always gives you 1-2 free moves just to use that extra 9% damage.. and increase fear So if you caught someone with no DC you get 1,5k leap damage + 8,5k smash followed by ravage 10k + force scream 4K force crush 5k= 29k just in range of Vicious Throw (which now crits for my for 7,5K ;) and i am still gearing up....

So Jugg PvP is viable but Rage seems more powerful then Vengeance and gives that feel that at least you have done some good damage before you died. Vengeance is very useful when you have an healer , in one Voidstar we had two healers one for each doors, i have never died that time and then i feel the full potential of this spec .... but it wasn't the dmg spec more of an support spec with taunts and intercede.

So to make it short pick Rage and all of the problems will....

Jugg PVE DPS is fin for raiding, now that Mauraders buff goes raid wide you really dont have as many people that want 1 per group. As long as you know what you are doing you can do great DPS on a Jugg.

And yes for PVP if you want to top the charts DPS wise you should reroll at this point (especially if you are going solo) But you can still be a great team member with the right set ups (mostly with you as pvp tank role)

• 3 weeks later...

Dude. Spec immortal, get tank gear, spam your taunts and stick with a healer. Forget about dps - focus on taunting, disruption, cc, and generally annoying the other team. No one can create as much havoc for the other team as an immortal jugg that has a good healer paired with him.

Me and one of my guildies (op heals) can literally take on groups of 3, 4, 5 pubs ourseleves and just last. Its fun.

Forget about leaderboards and become an agent of chaos. Its liberating.

Dude. Spec immortal, get tank gear, spam your taunts and stick with a healer. Forget about dps - focus on taunting, disruption, cc, and generally annoying the other team. No one can create as much havoc for the other team as an immortal jugg that has a good healer paired with him.

Me and one of my guildies (op heals) can literally take on groups of 3, 4, 5 pubs ourseleves and just last. Its fun.

This, 100 times this. Some of the most intense and fun fights I ever had was guarding a door\node with a healer.

Well I stick to vengeance for PvP, when u know ur stuff you can definitely kick some ***, and you make a quite solid node guard.

So is Vengeance actually viable with the new slight buff? I was leveling a MM sniper and trying to decide if its worth it to spend the time and effort to maximize my Vengeance Jugg or to just level up my MM sniper as my main PvP character.......

I dont really wanna play a class that is going to consistently be denied groups because it can't compete or be effective as anything but a tank..... so I tried the sniper. Has any of that changed now?

So is Vengeance actually viable with the new slight buff? I was leveling a MM sniper and trying to decide if its worth it to spend the time and effort to maximize my Vengeance Jugg or to just level up my MM sniper as my main PvP character.......

I dont really wanna play a class that is going to consistently be denied groups because it can't compete or be effective as anything but a tank..... so I tried the sniper. Has any of that changed now?

I PvP only, and I haven't tried the new Ravage buff because I'm too lazy to download the PTS :p but from what I can tell you, the new reset method is no SLIGHT buff especially in PvP, seeing how you'll be able to control the exact moment you ravage resets and it will be up every 12 seconds, which is quite often compared to the horrible RNG streaks we've been getting until now. Your MM sniper will probably feel much more effective by far, but I never was able to play any ranged classes so they feel like turrets too much, especially the snipers.

Vengeance Juggs will still have a few problems in PvP due to kiting, but at least now, we have a much consistent way of dishing out damage. If you like your Vengeance Jugg I'd say to stick with it , because IMO it's worth it. Even if my Carnage Marauder is my favorite character and he outperforms my vengeance jug simply because he has more burst, there's a lot of things he is lacking...mainly that CC immunity and Intercede, which when used well is amazing if you need a quick escape mechanism. One thing you'll have to keep in mind though is that you'll probably need much more practice and efforts if you want to perform as well on your vengeance jug compared to your sniper.

I don't know if you've ever tried a Rage Jugg, personally mine was rage first but when I reached lv 45 and got force crush I felt so disgustingly OP (TBH the gameplay was kinda boring :S) that I respecced. Still if you're looking for results then you might wanna consider Rage, if you don't want to touch it, then Vengeance is fine in my opinion but, as I've said, it requires a lot more effort in order to perform well.

Yea I don't play Rage because I find it to be a boring un-fun play style despite the huge smash numbers.

I like how it's probably the only warrior spec in PvP that has something like an "actual rotation" feeling to it.

Pretty much all Jugg specs work outside competitive canned team duels (aka Arena). Vengeance is, in fact, one of my favourite specs to run Regs with.

Don't you love having sorcs/sages using Overload/Force Wave (Or w/e its called) while your unstoppable is up :jawa_wink:

I don't know about lvl 55 wz pvp as jugg or mara, (46 and 52), but when I play my jugg on wz it's a lot easier than mara. Jugg needs a lot less buttons to kick *** and have more control over battlefield than mara (force push and chilling scream are great). Ability to use Ravage without any worry is awesome too (I play as Vengeance Juggernaut and Carnage Marauder)

Would be nice if they adjusted a set bonus for it

Not gonna happen. It's a Vengeance-specific feature, and set bonuses must accommodate the entire AC. Unless they're making spec-specific sets, which they won't bother with.

Wish it lasted a second longer, though. 8 seconds was obviously too much, but 5-6 would hit the spot.

Yeah, but imagine the QQ levels when we land full uninterrupted ravages and also have time to hit the guy with another ability, rDPS'ers would be crying to the sky for a nerf.

Yeah, but imagine the QQ levels when we land full uninterrupted ravages and also have time to hit the guy with another ability, rDPS'ers would be crying to the sky for a nerf.

This won't make Juggs the new Arena FOTM, and the majority of QQers see their Arena rating as their sole value in life, so it'll be OK.

Also, I want the tree unbloated so damn much...

• 3 weeks later...

My problem with what your saying is 2 fold.

First, if you're not with a healer, you're a waste of a slot. A decent mara is MUCH more durable than you are.

Second, you have virtually no ability to kill anyone. Your damage is EASILY healed through. You know what's better than spamming taunts at someone trying to kill your healer? KILLING the guy trying to kill your healer.

To the OP, right now, juggs are ok. In 2.7, reroll.