Purple Discoveries Are Too Rare

MaverickXIV

At least while leveling up, that is. If they're supposed to be some gate for end-game crafting, then fine, keep the rarity there. But as it stands, while leveling Biochem, by the time I discover a Reusable pack, I'm ready to learn the next tier (or even the tier after that). Of course, by the time I learn that tier, I'll likely be 50.

I understand what you mean. I have found that while trying to level it is best to just try to go for blue recipes and not the purples. although I have found that purple recipe to be as good as a green recipe that is two levels ahead

Well I'm cybertech, all it did was rob me of my credits, hight mod I learn to make is 22 and you can buy better mods and ear from vendor for daily commondations. You get at lest 2xmod 23 in a days.

Crew skills should be called screw you skill ;)

At least while leveling up, that is. If they're supposed to be some gate for end-game crafting, then fine, keep the rarity there. But as it stands, while leveling Biochem, by the time I discover a Reusable pack, I'm ready to learn the next tier (or even the tier after that). Of course, by the time I learn that tier, I'll likely be 50.

I don't agree...

Artifact should only be for devoted crafters... That will take mats, money and time to get...

Everyone has been used to games that are too easy to do... You should work hard to get anything like an artifact...

I don't mean to argue... or to pick a fight just throwing my 2 cents...

Artifact should stay RARE ... extremely rare... Not everyone should be running around with Artifact... Not until they all get around 50... Make raids OR take time to learns the artifact crafting Schem...

I have over 15 - 20 and that character is only 23...

I agree the Schem sghould be rare. what i dont think is that they should be random.If you RE ten green items you should get a blue Schem.25 blue Schems RE'd should get you a purple.50 purples should get you an orange.That is how i would do it.

Your way would leed to everyone getting it. Do you know the meaning of rear?

I can't help myself.

Rear -

transitive verb

1 : to erect by building : construct

2 : to raise upright

3 - a (1) : to breed and raise (an animal) for use or market

(2) : to bring to maturity or self-sufficiency usually through nurturing care <reared five children> <birds rearing their young>

b : to cause (as plants) to grow

4 : to cause (a horse) to rise up on the hind legs

intransitive verb

1 : to rise high

2 of a horse : to rise up on the hind legs

Edited by BourbonDingo

I can't help myself.

Rear -

transitive verb

1 : to erect by building : construct

2 : to raise upright

3 - a (1) : to breed and raise (an animal) for use or market

(2) : to bring to maturity or self-sufficiency usually through nurturing care <reared five children> <birds rearing their young>

b : to cause (as plants) to grow

4 : to cause (a horse) to rise up on the hind legs

intransitive verb

1 : to rise high

2 of a horse : to rise up on the hind legs

You are totally my new favorite person. I was thinking this exact same thing when I read that comment. :D

I wouldn't mind discoveries being slightly less painful, but I agree the rarer they are, the easier they are to sell the good ones on the GTN. I also would like some of the more useless prefixes to be removed, like +defense on light armor.

Although useless to most, its not entirely useless. Sith assassin is a tanking spec that uses light armor if I'm not mistaken.

I dont see them as being that rare, I find its harder to get the schematic if you just RE as they are crafted. Usually takes me about 5-10 tries to get purple and sometimes less, I have 15 purple lvl 50 schematics now. 3 of them I got on the very first try. The trick I do is craft 5-10 of one item and usually 5 of another then 2-3 of another. RE them all at once, and I get 2 schematics usually. Then do it all over again with new items to get more. Sometimes its hard to get one but always get another.

Where can I buy some rear gear...only joking ... I could not help myself.

Anyway...

I am a armstech, currently once a day I play my daily PvP and buy up purple resorces from the market. Last night a got a good deal and got 8 units of grade 6 purple metal for under 4k. I still can't use it for a while, but I buy what ever is out there within reason.

My mastercraft weapons don't sell anymore. I think this is because I can go to a commandation vendor and by a range weapon with 4 mod slots. The mastercraft weapons have only one slot for a single mod.

So now I am concentrating on crafting barrels only. Maybe they will sell. But I bought a LVL 11 blaster upgraded the barrel, and it does better damage than the mastercraft lvl 29 weapon that I spend 10k perfecting.

Crafting needs some tweaking.

Edited by Skinfaxi

Where can I buy some rear gear...only joking ... I could not help myself.

Anyway...

I am a armstech, currently once a day I play my daily PvP and buy up purple resorces from the market. Last night a got a good deal and got 8 units of grade 6 purple metal for under 4k. I still can't use it for a while, but I buy what ever is out there within reason.

My mastercraft weapons don't sell anymore. I think this is because I can go to a commandation vendor and by a range weapon with 4 mod slots. The mastercraft weapons have only one slot for a single mod.

So now I am concentrating on crafting barrels only. Maybe they will sell. But I bought a LVL 11 blaster upgraded the barrel, and it does better damage than the mastercraft lvl 29 weapon that I spend 10k perfecting.

Crafting needs some tweaking.

Rear gear. . . . check out jedi knight robes.