I have returned!

Nemmar

I took a break of hmm about 2 months, since there was no new content beeing released and bioware was silent about the game's future. I went and played the hell out of TERA and GW2... and you know what? They sucked.

TERA was cool until end-game where it was clear the community was terrible due to game design choices, and the engine could not handle the events with more than 5 players, be it the nexus or PvP. Lag all around aswell making it all but unplayable and unwelcoming.

GW2 cultivates the revolution of auto-attacking and zerging fest (lol). Its boring from day 2, no meat and all looks. Nothing worthwhile doing in the game when the combat itself is lackluster and boring. Not that there was anything to do, mind you.

Made it even clearer to me that SWTOR and WoW are the only 2 MMO's worthwhile playing at this point, and im sick of WoW.

Haters, dont even try to spread the doom and gloom. By no means will i regret returning because i regret leaving in the first place and wasting my time. This game is the most fun out at the moment, when you consider the quality of the whole package. With F2P and 6 weeks updates coming up, the future is looking good for SWTOR. :)

Looking forward to all the cosmetic goodies i'll be able to get in the cartel market too!

Edited by Nemmar

Welcome back then =)

1.4 is on the PTS so pretty soon there will be a new Ops to play and a new War Zone as well. Have fun gaming and enjoy having more people on the servers as well.

I know, i have been keeping myself informed. Looking forward to those. :)

I took a break of hmm about 2 months, since there was no new content beeing released and bioware was silent about the game's future. I went and played the hell out of TERA and GW2... and you know what? They sucked.

TERA was cool until end-game where it was clear the community was terrible due to game design choices, and the engine could not handle the events with more than 5 players, be it the nexus or PvP. Lag all around aswell making it all but unplayable and unwelcoming.

GW2 cultivates the revolution of auto-attacking and zerging fest (lol). Its boring from day 2, no meat and all looks. Nothing worthwhile doing in the game when the combat itself is lackluster and boring. Not that there was anything to do, mind you.

Made it even clearer to me that SWTOR and WoW are the only 2 MMO's worthwhile playing at this point, and im sick of WoW.

Haters, dont even try to spread the doom and gloom. By no means will i regret returning because i regret leaving in the first place and wasting my time. This game is the most fun out at the moment, when you consider the quality of the whole package. With F2P and 6 weeks updates coming up, the future is looking good for SWTOR. :)

Looking forward to all the cosmetic goodies i'll be able to get in the cartel market too!

Welcome Back OP, 1.4 looks like an awesome patch and i for one cant wait untill they release it. I hear you on the fact that other MMO's seem to fall flat. Even though i never left SWTOR, i did leave WOW for other MMO's and sought if the grass was greener on the other side of the fence, welp i found that the grass grows greenest over the septic tank. I could not stand WOW any longer and started playing SWTOR during the TG beta weekend and instantly fell in love with this game and have been playing ever since.

I will stick with this MMO because:

1. I have always loved BW and their story games.

2. BW has always been a good company.

3. I love the game.

We all know its had its ups and downs since SWTOR released, but based on what has happened to this company with all the layoffs and such i still think the quality of this game is high and i still think that they fully intend to deliver great patches / content. I will not listen to some of the trolls that post in the forums because in the end its what i think that decides what i will do not them.

WB...tbh i've been try'n out The Secret World and to my surprise its a great MMO its a lil diff than the traditional MMO's but the quests are fun lots of hard puzzles, not for everyone but they have a 3 day trial if you havent tried it out yet.

Still love SWTOR, avid Star Wars fan, but I think ill be playn both.

Edited by Philastra

Welcome back I returned as well after a horrible time with GW2 I made all the Tortanic jokes said that TOR was dead and guess what TOR is five times the game GW2 ever will be...I am just really grateful that my guild took me back. I won't leave again...I am really excited about TOR's future.

Welcome Back! I have been telling everyone the same thing for a while now - this is the only MMO that is my style and the others are just missing something. I know the story can get old after seeing it 800 times, but at least there is a real story! Have fun!