Jedi Code is erred.

bliapis

I mean how can a Jedi code speak about balance, when the Jedi order is all about good-goers and destruction of evil.

True balance is quite hard. Getting in harmony with the two opposite Forces.

Neither Jedi nor Sith actually seeking any balance at all. If anything, the right opposite.

The Jedi Code has nothing to do with balance in the Force.

Balance in the Force isn't to do with good & evil, or with numbers of Jedi and Sith.

It's about the "natural order" of life. The Sith and their uses of the Dark Side were upsetting the "natural order", and disturbing the balance in the Force.

Y'know, the whole cheating death thing they strive for...

I mean how can a Jedi code speak about balance, when the Jedi order is all about good-goers and destruction of evil.

Neither Jedi nor Sith actually seeking any balance at all. If anything, the right opposite.

The dark side of the force is a cancer created by the Sith. It wounds the force though power can be drawn from it.

Balance is restored by returning the force to life and health by banishing the sith and darkness.

Which is why when Jedi die, they stay dead. Nope, no magically ghost form for them.

That doesn't mean they are escaping from their fate. They accept they are dead.

Edited by Avrose

Which is why when Jedi die, they stay dead. Nope, no magically ghost form for them.

They are not cheating death, they accept their death in human force and truly becomes one with the force. Every lifeform goes to the force when they die, but only the true masters who accept their fate becomes one with it.

Cheating death would be Sidious attempts to live forever with clone bodies, and engulfing entire worlds to sustain it.

Edited by WickerThing

i hate everything about the Jedi code so :p

Outside the kill everybody for no good reason the Sith code actually makes alot more sense.

Passion does give people strength.

Only temporary strengh. True strengh comes when people arent a fraid and can see clear. Not when they are mad with rage and hate. That in fact makes alot of sense.

Its canon now, read Plagueis novel. he and sidious tried to control the midi chlorians and make themselfs imortal, by denying the midi chlorians their will and thus the natural balance, in response the force created anakin teh chosen one to bring balance to the force.

i didnt read the book, but that is what i read about it.

Edited by Spartanik

Only temporary strengh. True strengh comes when people arent a fraid and can see clear. Not when they are mad with rage and hate. That in fact makes alot of sense.

Passion doesn't mean rage or hate... passion can be love, or just something you care about/like. passion for art, sports..... or the passion for something you truly deeply believe in.

Edited by Lithy

The balance the Jedi seek is an almost buddhistic one, you try to live in harmony with your surroundings not giving in to egoistic desires. The dark side of the force is not considered a true part of the force, it's more like a cancer that corrupts the natural order of things.