Madness Dps in Arena, Fully Viable

Xeraz

lol. i haven't even watched the videos linked in the op. but you can go to mudclot's or insomniaq's stream and watch many different ones.

the strat with double madness is to dot up everyone but the healer. you cc the healer.

thanks for proving how bad and low rated you are.

not responding to a no name anymore. stay small. oh, and keep crying so you get me buffed more. thanks.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea you don't dot up there whole group because your the first one who gets pulled by the vanguard and while he reduces your damage output by 5% the Shadow opens on you the 3rd hybrid tank is also on you and you've already had to bublle or your died from the double pulsecannon/Shadow Strike crit discharge combo they just put on you.

If you did shield and your heals is visable he's the next pull when your shield ends they are back on you if you survived and you have 0% defensive cooldowns to stop what they are going to bring and your team can not keep them off of you and you die likely before you ever got more out then affliction on a few targets.

That is exactly how most any avergae teams would drop you here, Stop fooling yourself your on a second rate server and your not very good.

Edited by Devinia-Hex

Yea you don't dot up there whole group because your the first one who gets pulled by the vanguard and while he reduces your damage output by 5% the Shadow opens on you the 3rd hybrid tank is also on you and you've already had to bublle or your died from the double pulsecannon/Shadow Strike crit discharge combo they just put on you.

If you did shield and your heals is visable he's the next pull when your shield ends they are back on you if you survived and you have 0% defensive cooldowns to stop what they are going to bring and your team can not keep them off of you and you die likely before you ever got more out then affliction on a few targets.

That is exactly how most any avergae teams would drop you here, Stop fooling yourself your on a second rate server and your not very good.

Bastion > PoT5 deffo.

Sigh, you will come up with anything and everything to protect yourself. Since you can't succeed with Sorc then clearly nobody can. Unless, of course, they are playing noobs. I mean, you've already moved the goal post. Originally you said "unless on Bastion or POT5." Now that you were shown up you have changed the rules to "only on Bastion since POT5 is second rate."

It's fine. I understand it's only human nature to protect yourself and blame others or your surroundings but, perhaps, you might want to consider ways to improve your own personal skill and team/comp.

Sorcs are not FOTM or OP. Sorcs CAN be viable if played very well with a comp that is also offensive and able to capitalize on that play-style.

Edited by Xeraz

Actually you took what I said out of context I said I'm on an RP Server not POT5 or the Bastion (Supposed best pvp servers) and I said you would get dropped on my server (RP Server not known for it's PVP). That was the speed at which I measured your play. I don't know if the Dev's game you 5 bucks to make the post but real world you will get dropped in under 5 minutes by any team who half way knows what they are doing. An operative with Guard would likely heal your damage fairly easy and are made to spread hots which is a hard counter for dot dps.

Thanks but I know my classes and I know many combos that would be a double sorc dps with no trouble regardless of what you had healing you.

An operative with Guard would likely heal your damage fairly easy and are made to spread hots which is a hard counter for dot dps.

In an attempt to be productive I'll still try to help you out a little. Sorcs are most useful in arena because of the utility they bring and control. Very, very, rarely do you want to focus down and kill an operative healer with guard. Tbh, this is a recipe for failure because other classes are just better at it.

Sorcs excel by focusing down the melee, often the tank, and putting constant pressure on the enemy team through spread dots and cc/interrupts on the healer. Eventually they fall behind and during a CC-lock someone dies. 4v3, gg.

Put a Sorcerer one on one vs. a Powertech or a Marauder and the Sorcerer will lose most of the time. Even if the Sorcerer has full pvp gear and uses grenades.

Also this is simple not true.

Edited by Xeraz

What you fail to realize is your the first target of any enemy team who has half a clue what they are doing and saying that your going to dot everyone even two of you is false vs a good team they will smother one until he bubbles smother the other until he bubbles then go back to the first one he dies then return to the 2nd he dies. If you have bad teams focusing on your guarded healer or your your tank with his many defensive cooldowns then they are just that bad teams.

There is no I'm going to control this and that because they have you snared and rooted and will even throw the tank at you fo interupts making you worthless besides instant dots. You've been playing two hand touch arenas I think based on your video's. Dps just says excuse me I'm trying to get to your guarded healer would you mind moving to the left a little I wouldn't want you caught in my smash as you have no AOE damage reduction. ........You have bad melee we do not I gues that's the difference,

as a sorc, you rely on your teammates the most. you're the ultimate support character. while those sorc players might be really good, it's not only their own merit, but also the skills of the healer/tank/other dps on their team. sorc is always the first one to be targeted, because everyone knows you're an easy kill; if you play with a team that realizes this and at least tries to keep opponents off your back, they're the one who deserve praise. not you. Edited by atomic_coffee

as a sorc, you rely on your teammates the most. you're the ultimate support character. while those sorc players might be really good, it's not only their own merit, but also the skills of the healer/tank/other dps on their team. sorc is always the first one to be targeted, because everyone knows you're an easy kill; if you play with a team that realizes this and at least tries to keep opponents off your back, they're the one who deserve praise. not you.

How does this explain my 90% winrate in solo queue?

Sorcs support your team just as much as your team supports the Sorc.

Solo queue means nothing and in most cases it doesn't mean your solo (sync queue's, etc). I get what your saying about spreading dots (I've played dot based characters in other games before) but once those are out you want to be focus firing or getting a multiple interupt on a healer but operatives generally don't hard cast a lot and again if your being focused and being interupted your not going to be doing what you want in a game. your damage output will go down the drain and you will be a energy drain on your healer.

Clearly in your example video you were not focused and it wasa very bad example of you being viable in Arena's if you were focused and you survived then it is your healer or tank that are doing exceptional jobs. Sorcs are Soft and lack passive defense abilities, they don't put out a lot of pressure on their own for a single healer without guard unless you have a lot of time on them unmolested. (again bad enemy players if they let that happen)

The main problem though is lack of any surivivability, a heavy melee ranged dps will have no trouble killing a sorc even through guard as you take more damage than most and that is put into your guard making him take more damage than he would if you were Jugg/Powertech.

I have no doubt that Mudclot/Xeno or Matchless could absolutely dominate whatever team on your backwater server that thinks it can crush these sorcs. I invite you to transfer to POT5 and find out. Edited by Racter

There on the Bastion and BC so I doubt they would waste time going there if sorcs are their best group.

They just must have an exceptional healer and tank if the're winning with that make-up and their games must last until the gas goes off. In most cases because they're not being focused and they do nothing in the way of damage other then padded dot damage which just means they try for a long time to kill something but their damage gets healed.

That's why sorcs have a lot of damage in warzones with so few killing blows while a Maurarder sniper Sin all have 3-4x the killing blows and their biggest hit is about 3-4k higher then a Death Field crit. They have something called burst damage and when that burst damage gets put on a flimsy sorc they become an energy drain because they become useless not being bale to channel or hard cast. They obviously are living in Oz where everything is easy. I thought their server was a PVP server but it sounds like an RP/PVE server if that's one of the top teams.

Or it's quite possible the pubs are very weak over there and they are just padding their stats, queue dodging the good teams. Your talking to a 3 time Gladiator I know Arenas and I know this game. The comp they run is bad and about 15 random made up teams could counter that make up with any type of skilled players. Hybrid Powertech dps powertech with dps sin and an op healer is just a random team from BC. They would focus one of those sorcs the tank would take alot of damage and pulse cannons on the sorc would start to kill the tank very fast and the sorc would nneed to bubble.

Bubble shows weakness it shows he couldn't handle the pressue nor could the healer and that means that the team he's facing is going to hard swap to the tank who's likely also hurt or the healer as soon as the bubble drops they are back on him and he's dead. Then softie number two he gets focused if the tank wants some more of protecting a light armor class that has a possible 2% damage reduction vs the pressure of three he's not going to be guarding for to long. The sorc is the softest class in the game with the least damage reduction this is a fact. They don't even need to stun the sorc and get into his 30% damage reduction they're just going to burn him early and often. What this also means is your tank with guard is taking more damage then he would guarding any other class.

This is a L2P issue .

Faction imbalance.

Prove your point by doing it on both factions.

Honestly, the Republic is worse than the Empire on POT5. This is a faction imbalance though, it has nothing to do with Sorcs. My real question is: at what point can you prove Sorcs can do alright? I mean, I have stream videos of my Solo Ranked combat (90% winrate) and also my Group Rated (Over 90% winrate) showing Madness played and "viable."

If the only reason that Madness/Balance isn't viable is because your team sucks then I guess it didn't matter what spec/class you used, right?

Honestly, the Republic is worse than the Empire on POT5. This is a faction imbalance though, it has nothing to do with Sorcs. My real question is: at what point can you prove Sorcs can do alright? I mean, I have stream videos of my Solo Ranked combat (90% winrate) and also my Group Rated (Over 90% winrate) showing Madness played and "viable."

If the only reason that Madness/Balance isn't viable is because your team sucks then I guess it didn't matter what spec/class you used, right?

The exceptional tank and healer are what's giving you wins your just along for the ride they could could plug in a few sins, marauders, pt and win and in much less time than two sorcs don't kid yourself that your what's making a team viable.

Your post should be l "Look what I can do with a good tank and healer on POT5" at no time did you ever say anything in regards to your tank or healer who are the ones who keep you alive because you don't do anything from your videos but run around and toss out dots.

That's why I get the feeling you really think the teams about you winning the games when your sorcs are a poor choice for dps and any other class played well is a better choice that's a fact you can't argue and if you do your fooling yourself.

Your tanks/healers ego's should be big because they can say look what were doing we have poo dps and we can keep them alive and win. Carried by (insert tank/healer names here)

The exceptional tank and healer are what's giving you wins your just along for the ride they could could plug in a few sins, marauders, pt and win and in much less time than two sorcs don't kid yourself that your what's making a team viable.

Your post should be l "Look what I can do with a good tank and healer on POT5" at no time did you ever say anything in regards to your tank or healer who are the ones who keep you alive because you don't do anything from your videos but run around and toss out dots.

That's why I get the feeling you really think the teams about you winning the games when your sorcs are a poor choice for dps and any other class played well is a better choice that's a fact you can't argue and if you do your fooling yourself.

Your tanks/healers ego's should be big because they can say look what were doing we have poo dps and we can keep them alive and win. Carried by (insert tank/healer names here)

Actually they plugged in two marauders yesterday with the same tank and healer.

Here's what happened!

Go to ~40 minutes in and enjoy the carnage. Miley Cleave GO!

http://www.twitch.tv/insomniaq123/b/481653468

So tell me how would double madness be viable vs 3 vanguards 1 running a hybrid shield/tactics tank/dps and the other two as tactics with a scoundrel healer?

That team would walk over them time and time again.

in the video at 40 mins the team they were facing had a sage healer one of the weakest in arena and they couldn't get any sort of pressure because the pressure was so great on them and multiple team members were always taking damage because they were in pulse cannon 40% damage boost with snare half the time.

i wasn't sure if they were on test or not but i did hear a lot of complaining and the ones beating them seemed to be using a heavy dose of PT/Vangaurd teams. They were always there for the damage and were always just getting aoe'd like newbs nice and packed.

In many cases all 4 of them were getting hit by multiple pulse cannons and then would complain they couldn't get a cooldown off well no s*** when your double stacking 3800-4200 tick pulse cannons x2 it's like a constant smash, the hybrid can even get in on the fun as well and give 1-3 of them a triple pulse cannon why? because they were there for it.

What they are using is the good ole TSG tactics stay one person grip the other target pulse cannon the two of them in their case it was the 4 of them because they couldn't get out of their own way.

I think this debate about Madness sorcs being viable is at an end. Most of us know that it simply isn't .

So tell me how would double madness be viable vs 3 vanguards 1 running a hybrid shield/tactics tank/dps and the other two as tactics with a scoundrel healer?

Double Madness against 3 Powertechs is an automatic victory for the Sorcs. It's actually a hard counter. Powertechs are unable to mitigate the damage and would get burned

Double Madness against 3 Powertechs is an automatic victory for the Sorcs. It's actually a hard counter. Powertechs are unable to mitigate the damage and would get burned

don't waste your time responding to that no-name rp server low rated challenger

he will never understand. he makes up imaginary scenarios that supposedly happen in arena. meanwhile we all have the highest rated sorcs (or merc in my case) in 4s

And you midigate what? 2% exactly. or maybe your 15% periodic damage reduction that they don't use would be helpfull? They do more burst damage than you and can stay on you the whole game. With pull they can place you where they want and pulse cannon you and other members of your group down at the same time. They have a 30% reduction to Death Field and if you stun them they get an additional 30% on top of that.

With the talents they have they are moving 15% faster than you at all times so while your not under force speed which they can stop with pulls, stuns they are always moving faster than you and with hold the line they are immune to your roots and snares and can pressure you even further. Ion pulse is reducing your damage by 5% they have 3 taunts and 3 aoe taunts......how many do you have? oh yea 1. They also have Reflexive shields which is absorbing damage every 10 seconds plus Reactive Shield, Adrenaline Rush.

They have more than enough ways to midigate anything you can do the problem is you don't have anything to midigate what they can do and you know that.

Edited by Devinia-Hex

That team would walk over them time and time again.

in the video at 40 mins the team they were facing had a sage healer one of the weakest in arena and they couldn't get any sort of pressure because the pressure was so great on them and multiple team members were always taking damage because they were in pulse cannon 40% damage boost with snare half the time.

i wasn't sure if they were on test or not but i did hear a lot of complaining and the ones beating them seemed to be using a heavy dose of PT/Vangaurd teams. They were always there for the damage and were always just getting aoe'd like newbs nice and packed.

In many cases all 4 of them were getting hit by multiple pulse cannons and then would complain they couldn't get a cooldown off well no s*** when your double stacking 3800-4200 tick pulse cannons x2 it's like a constant smash, the hybrid can even get in on the fun as well and give 1-3 of them a triple pulse cannon why? because they were there for it.

What they are using is the good ole TSG tactics stay one person grip the other target pulse cannon the two of them in their case it was the 4 of them because they couldn't get out of their own way.

I think this debate about Madness sorcs being viable is at an end. Most of us know that it simply isn't .

I was sage dpsing, not healing. This was two days ago.

Our comp was Sage DPS, Vanguard DPS, Vanguard Tank, Operative Healer.

Edited by Abbrachmann