Mark VI Supremacy-class starfighter

Vil-Len

it will be our #3 Scout, there has been extensive discussion about it here on these very forums... i've even linked to Game Model pictures of it, bare, before armaments, iirc...

also, it's not extra wings, the S-Foils are open with a quad engine design... the S-12, S-13, & the new one (S-14?) are all Mark VI Supremacy-class starfighters, just different variations of the stock Mark VI...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

I'd like the Type 3 ships and personally I hope that they're basically a "build it yourself ship" where you have access to all of the components of the previous two types and basically get to decide which ones you want to use (still limited as current with 4 minor components, strikers with 2 primaries or 2 secondaries etc.). It would be a fun way to create hybrid variants of the existing two Types or if you liked one type best overall but felt a component used by the other type you could swap that in. Edited by Gavin_Kelvar

It's the third Scout, and it will likely be very similar to the Blackbolt except for some key differences, in order from most certain to least certain (based on hints from datamined text descriptions and other things):

1) It will have some new #1 slot abilities related around group aura buffs

2) It will have "objective killing" Secondary Weapons, i.e. Rocket Pods and Thermite Torpedoes, no Cluster Missiles

3) Its Minor Components will likely be Armor, Reactor, Sensor, Capacitor (no Thrusters, unlike the other two Scouts)

4) I suspect Primary Weapons will be similar to the Blackbolt

5) I suspect Shield options will be similar to the Sting

Overall, the key differentiating feature of Scout #3 is the group aura buffs (the third Strike will also have these). Other than that, I think it's supposed to be a bit tougher than the Blackbolt, but not quite a dogfighter like the Sting. It's a mobile command-and-coordination ship.

I'd like the Type 3 ships and personally I hope that they're basically a "build it yourself ship" where you have access to all of the components of the previous two types and basically get to decide which ones you want to use (still limited as current with 4 minor components, strikers with 2 primaries or 2 secondaries etc.). It would be a fun way to create hybrid variants of the existing two Types or if you liked one type best overall but felt a component used by the other type you could swap that in.

Hehe like DarkSpore, but for a ship. :D That'd be really, really cool.

Hehe like DarkSpore, but for a ship. :D That'd be really, really cool.

I haven't played Darkspore but if it's something like The Elder Scrolls I think we're on the same page (want a thief who shoots fireballs? Sure why the heck not!).

Edited by Gavin_Kelvar

I'd like the Type 3 ships and personally I hope that they're basically a "build it yourself ship"

Sounds awful.

I don't want any "this ship is the best". We have too much of that already. If they went this path...

where you have access to all of the components of the previous two types and basically get to decide which ones you want to use

Then it's strictly better than the rest of the class, and a month later that's all anyone can be arsed to fly.

The new ships should have something cool about them, but eating the old ships alive shouldn't be on that list.

I want a stealth fighter. Something with extreme Dampeners, maybe real visual stealth, mobility of a strike, defenses of a Scout.

I dunno if those are as defensible as scouts, but the Interceptor is a whole new class.

The missing ships are "command" ships. We don't know what that means, but we assume it entails aoe buffs or something.

I dunno if those are as defensible as scouts, but the Interceptor is a whole new class.

The missing ships are "command" ships. We don't know what that means, but we assume it entails aoe buffs or something.

Its rumored that there will be a fifth class behind bombers that will be stealth ships and will probably have three variants or so like the other classes will have.

After all what's that blurb on targeting telemetry's description going to be for?

They don't delete threads for that stuff around here- we have plenty discussing the Interceptors already. Heck, the Type 3 strikes and scouts (of which this is about) are only in the game files!

No but "in the game files" is referencing datamining, and any whiff of that in thread causes it to disappear.

There was a reason I italicized 'rumors' in my post.

No but "in the game files" is referencing datamining, and any whiff of that in thread causes it to disappear.

There was a reason I italicized 'rumors' in my post.

It's not a secrect that stealth is planned, there is an undeniable proof :

Targeting Telemetry

Increases weapon accuracy by 10%, critical chances by 5%, and sensor range by 5000m for 10 seconds.

Also remove cloacking effects from all ennemies within 3000m

Edited by Altheran