Simple PvP Armor / Gear Explanation?

originaltodzilla

I know right off the bat I'm asking for a flaming, but I'm a noob when it comes to PvP and am beyond confused about gear (especially after 1.2). Now don't be too harsh, hear me out: I Googled my rear off, searched these forums, read the dev notes and to me, everything seems overly complicated.

Ok, to prove I'm not a complete idiot, this is what I did when I first started playing SWTOR: I picked Trooper/Commando, and during PvE, I was told to "always get gear with Aim (1st) and Endurance (2nd)". So I followed that model to lvl 50. Every time I could, I'd upgrade my gear with better stats.

So I started PvPing at 50 so again, it was easy: I started replacing gear with Centurion, then with Championship. I do ok in WZs now, but I know I'm missing something from the equation that you other PvPers are doing.

Fast forward to now and I'm confused as hell. I honestly have no clue what I'm looking for now. I still don't really understand "crit/orange" gear. This is where you should start flaming me, etc.

All I'm looking for is a guide (whether it's on SWTOR) or another site. Just some pointers. Or if in a few sentences you can explain what the logical progression for gear is supposed to be in this game.

Thanks in advance. Any (productive) info is welcome.

basically because of bioware in their infinite wisdom they made a system where it is necessary to rip the mods out of your pvp gear and throw it into an orange set with augment slots which the purple gear lacks

So where does the "orange sets" come from? I know the reply is semi-sarcastic, but I'm being serious when I ask how. So I'd earn War Hero armor, pull the mods out and put it in the orange gear which comes from?...

It doesn't matter what orange blank you use, any crit crafted orange with have an augment slot. The new armors released with 1.2 have the set bonus attached to the armor mod.

So using crit crafted orange gear and the mods from the new armors (campaign gear for pve and warhero for pvp) That is currently the best armor in game.

I wouldn't grind too hard as they will be adding the ability to put augments on any armors in a future patch, Just concentrate on your battlemaster set and you'll be fine, then start replacing them with warhero pieces.

Edited by Endriss