Open World PVP saturday

rNColonel

I believe that the core idea of having the community gather together for special PvP events is sound, but that we do kid ourselves if we describe last night's event as "great".

Group imbalance, some lag (even on the lowest settings on mid-end machines), and the amount of dead time between the 4v4 fights puts my opinion of the whole thing in between "interesting but mediocre" and "somewhat boring".

4v4 (along with 2v2 and 1v1?) arena style fights are really worthy to be explored in my book. A touch more organization in that area, perhaps with pre-supplied list of teams, and it could be a blast. Big kudos to Reckoned for trying to set things up!

As for Iotasquared; that is some of the most childish behavior I've ever seen on this server to this date.

Edited by Weeblie

Well yeah, it wasn't like super fantastic or anything lol. But, it's a great start to something that could actually become rather fun given time for the idea to grow. The potential is there and I'm sure if some folks wanted to volunteer to help Reck out on the organization side of things it may go smoother next time. 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, a FFA area could all be possibilities. I hope it does continue and grows into something that's done maybe once a month at the least, just if it's only for an hour or two for a change from the standard WZ settings.

So I suppose I was late the to the party. I logged in about 2130 EST and the Outlaws den was a ghost town. I talked to Infidel and Arash who both managed to be present, so im glad someone from Pax was able to show face.

Im kinda bummed I missed it, but shaking the wife aggro before 2100est is far and few between.