Resubscribed and Already stuck on Bugs and ineffective Forums - "The Search Begins"

Came back to give it a try after repeated marketing emails. Going from level 50 on Makeb, got quests for Coruscant for level 53 and was already facing Level 55 mobs when I was only level 52, so figured its wonky related to progression, that it wanted me to go do the level 53 Coruscant missions.

Sends me to Tatooine to scan 6 items, but it keeps bugging. It doesn't show all 6 active on my map, so I reset it now 4 times after traveling all over Tatooine and unable to get 6 / 6. One that I didn't see on my map was shown on some player's guide map, so I go there and sure enough, see a transmitter, but I can't scan it with my binoculars. I reset it yet again, and now this one is active and I can scan it, but when I go to another one that I was able to do before, it was now inactive after the reset. WTH?

Then I go to my old favorite place, the SWTOR forums to see if there's any help to be found, and sure enough, I remember how ineffective these forums are laid out, they never listened about the structure of the forums that are lacking... there's not even a "Quests" forum. WTH?

So I do a search of the quest name, "The Search Begins". And as I remember it before I quit last time, I get the ineffective, "No Search Results". Now I can't believe there's actually no forum posts about this buggy ####ing ###p, but good luck finding it.

"Welcome back, sir", this is all saying to me. "Thanks for wasting your time and subscription on our 'new' content."

Got it.

Figured it out. Not sure why they did it this way, but the two scan's on Tatooine that are buggy are in the Junland map:

A) the one in the middle of the map where the Heroic 4 was, and

B) in the South, to the SouthWest of Outpost Rennar

If I did (A) first, the scan item was high up on a mountain pillar to the SouthWest, and then (B) would disappear as a marker from my map and if I traveled to (B) anyway, you can still see the antennae, but it would not be scan-able.

If I did (B) first, I could no longer scan the mountain pillar at point (A).

What I did that solved it, was if I reset and did (B) first, I went to (A), and while the mountain pinnacle antennae was not scannable, there was now another antennae active under the bridge to the South.

Odd that there's two potential points at (A), and active depending on what other points you did first. Very confusing and led to me resetting the quest 5 times, and fully abandoning it one other time to see if that would help. That you see it active up high one time, then you think its the spot every time. Needless confusion. All other spots are fixed.

Edited by BlueDestiny

I've run those quests on several characters and not had any problems.

You realise once you've scanned a target that you don't need to (and indeed can't) scan it again? From the way I read your post it sounds like you were trying to scan the same targets multiple times.

• 2 weeks later...
What I did was to follow the last indicator that was on my mini map u see the emblems but not on the world map the last one did not show but I was able to follow it. The last 1 for me was at 1491,449 its the sat dish above the spaceport. I dont know about the other 5 but they showed for me on my mini map .