Orange (Moddable) Techblade, Any Leads?

Kithzyan

Simple as the title really, has anyone found even just one fully moddable Techblade for Qyzen; I heard somewhere that the PvP commendations gave one but I didn't see one on the Republic Fleet on the PvP Weapons vendor so unless i'm looking in the wrong place thats a dead end.

... just one that doesn't look terrible is all I ask :p

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever find one, let me know... Techblades are hard enough to find as it is, let alone ones that have mod slots in them.

Aye, thats pretty much why i'm putting this out there to ask anyone whose found one. At the moment, an Armstech friend is keeping my supplied with blue blades but its not quite the same as being able to keep one fully upgraded.

Simple as the title really, has anyone found even just one fully moddable Techblade for Qyzen; I heard somewhere that the PvP commendations gave one but I didn't see one on the Republic Fleet on the PvP Weapons vendor so unless i'm looking in the wrong place thats a dead end.

... just one that doesn't look terrible is all I ask :p

At max level you can do the Belsavis bonus series and one of the quests there offers a moddable weapon for any of your companions.

At max level you can do the Belsavis bonus series and one of the quests there offers a moddable weapon for any of your companions.

Apparently the weapon for Qyzen from this questline is actually NOT moddable, contrary to pretty much every other damn companion's reward...only option is the craftable route but since the techblades are only used for these companions nobody is making the damn things...

Apparently the weapon for Qyzen from this questline is actually NOT moddable, contrary to pretty much every other damn companion's reward...only option is the craftable route but since the techblades are only used for these companions nobody is making the damn things...

Yep, there is no orange moddable techblade even when there should be one based on all other rewards lol.

I suspect the reason there isn't is due to the fact that barring it using a barrel instead of a hilt you'd never be able to find an aim hilt to put in it. Then again at least they could have made the mod and enhancement slots moddable still. I dunno, BW really screwed the pooch when it came to Qyzen's itemization/stats. They may have had legitimate reasons for taking the route they did, but it's still just caused more problems.

Yeah, noticed this yesterday. On the bright side, it's repeatable daily so you can get weapons for all of your companions in this manner.

That line might have started on Belsavis' space station but honestly I don't remember, sorry.

It's actually on the republic fleet from a mission terminal (I assume the same for imperials) in the inner ring runs around the outside of the cantina.

Yep, there is no orange moddable techblade even when there should be one based on all other rewards lol.

I suspect the reason there isn't is due to the fact that barring it using a barrel instead of a hilt you'd never be able to find an aim hilt to put in it. Then again at least they could have made the mod and enhancement slots moddable still. I dunno, BW really screwed the pooch when it came to Qyzen's itemization/stats. They may have had legitimate reasons for taking the route they did, but it's still just caused more problems.

Troopers have a companion that uses a techblade with aim primary stat also (IMO he's the best companion to use for a DPS or healing commando). So it's not like this is a unique problem.

Edited by Shillen

Troopers have a companion that uses a techblade with aim primary stat also (IMO he's the best companion to use for a DPS or healing commando). So it's not like this is a unique problem.

Oh I know, Troopers aren't even the only other one. Smugglers get Akaavi too who has the same problem, and the Imperials have their own mirrors. That's partly why it's really dumb. BW has all these companions now that have itemization problems just because they wouldn't make the graphic of strength armor look like trooper/BH armor when worn by certain companions.

Edited by Khadroth

You can also use strength for Qyzen. It does the same amount of bonus damage so you can use the jedi knight mods. Still the problem with the orange techblade which no one makes because no one really needs it :) Edited by gtrunks

You can also use strength for Qyzen. It does the same amount of bonus damage so you can use the jedi knight mods. Still the problem with the orange techblade which no one makes because no one really needs it :)

Strength only buffs his melee, not his tech dmg which accounts for a lot of his abilities.

Hmm odd, on my server i bought from market for 4k credits lower level orange techblade :)

Not sure where it came, but i was quite happy as it was cheap.

Doubtful, as orange indicates that you can remove all pieces. Given that no +AIM hilts exist in the game, there's no way you could remove the hilt from such a weapon, meaning that it couldn't be orange.

You're either confusing it with a vibrosword or electrostaff, or it wasn't moddable at all.