Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

Machine-Elf

But let's go with what you said. Sooo, sense this is all just entertainment, why be against people paying for Advance Class changes or paying to be instantly at level 55?

tbh im not....it your friend ratajack who is against advance class change. to me advance class change would be extremely beneficial at times and as for instant lvl 55 button ,i have no opinion as i dont care, but if BW offer it i wont be crying all over these forums.i would just ignore and move on.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The person you are scolding was not the one that declared achievement to be some super human aspect of importance inside a video game. ;)

By the way.. this is all your fault for starting the thread you know. :p

See. You're for this (and I didn't say I wasn't). So, why be against getting rid of CE exclusives, paying to change advance classes, or paying to hit level cap?

Your whole argument is the basis that it's entertainment. So it doesn't matter if people are willing to pay extra for things, as it's their entertainment. So, obviously, people should have the option for things you've said they shouldn't.

Because we're talking about a videogame, entertainment; not the grander theater of life.

I've seen your line of reasoning used before in these forums, and it needs to stop. Person X says: "I'm frustrated about this feature in the game", only to have Person Y immediately jump in with: "you're FRUSTRATED with a videogame?! Why would you be FRUSTRATED with a videogame?! Losing your job, not being able to make ends meet, failing to keep a promise to a loved one, that's frustration!".

Jeez, learn to put things in their proper context. You're in a videogame forum for Christ's sake.

but person Y is completely correct. losing your spot in a raid/guild or getting ninja looted =/= losing your job or getting mugged.

one carry major consequences within your life , while the other is carry barely anything but a brief annoyance.

See. You're for this (and I didn't say I wasn't). So, why be against getting rid of CE exclusives, paying to change advance classes, or paying to hit level cap?

Your whole argument is the basis that it's entertainment. So it doesn't matter if people are willing to pay extra for things, as it's their entertainment. So, obviously, people should have the option for things you've said they shouldn't.

Complete nonsense.

why yes, yes i do. i love star wars and i have bought every SW game since 2000 for the PS series, pc and on xbox 360.

You take PLEASURE from playing a videogame?!

Pleasure is what you get when making love, seeing joy in your child's face, for helping someone in need, from being able to provide for your family, from working at a job that fulfills you...that's PLEASURE!

See what I did there...?:cool:

You take PLEASURE from playing a videogame?!

Pleasure is what you get when making love, seeing joy in your child's face, for helping someone in need, from being able to provide for your family, from working at a job that fulfills you...that's PLEASURE!

See what I did there...?:cool:

yess, you apply nonsensical logic to a reasonable post.

pleasure, as well as beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. what is pleasurable to me, may not be to someone else.

troll harder, your attempts are quite pitiful.

Edited by astrobearx

pleasure, as well as beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. what is pleasurable to me, may not be to someone else.

So what isn't an achievement to you, is an achievement to someone else :o

Ah yes, I'm trolling. That must be it.

No, I was simply trying to show you how preposterous and pedantic your own line of reasoning was being. What's more, I tried doing so in a friendly, humorous tone, but you had to go "TROLL!" on me.

Edited by Machine-Elf

So what isn't an achievement to you, is an achievement to someone else :o

as i said before, a video game achievement isnt a significant or really meaningful as it is doable by a child (and yes a child could learn to do NiM raids and ranked pvp if played long enough)

but i see im we are at an impasse, nothing we can say to each other will alter our opinion on what is indeed a real achievement (or what society at large deems)

good day/night

Edited by astrobearx

Ah yes, I'm trolling. That must be it.

No, I was simply trying to show you how preposterous and pedantic your own line of reasoning was being. What's more, I tried doing so in a friendly, humorous tone, but you had to go "TROLL!" on me.

no what is preposterous is to imply that your video game achievement is anything to stand on when it only meaning is totally within this community and not everyone really care for bragging l33t.

btw, you are a well known troll elf, let not even front. you made this thread for the sole purpose of trolling.

Edited by astrobearx

as i said before, a video game achievement isnt a significant or really meaningful as it is doable by a child (and yes a child could learn to do NiM raids and ranked pvp if played long enough)

but i see im we are at an impasse, nothing we can say to each other will alter our opinion on what is indeed a real achievement (or what society at large deems)

good day/night

Hitting level 40 would be a test in patience, would it not? Not something children are known for.

I don't think we disagree on what's a better achievement. I just see a difference between a real life achievement and an ingame achievement.

In fact, in game there are things called "achievements" By your logic, they're not achievements, as a child can do them.

And like I said earlier, I have no problem with Tweek being a CM item as well as earned in game. Neither do I see a problem being a strictly Legacy Level 40 item that can be unlocked with credits or CC.

I'm sure those who are against it being a CM item, have no problem with it being a Legacy Level 40 item that needs credits or CC to unlock it.

no what is preposterous is to imply that your video game achievement is anything to stand on when it only meaning is totally within this community and not everyone really care for bragging l33t.

btw, you are a well known troll elf, let not even front. you made this thread for the sole purpose of trolling.

You know who else was called a troll? Socrates.

Everyone that says that HK was "good," I have another take. I'd rather pay cartel coins rather than spend 6 hrs. simply digging.

I can explain achievements for PVE and PVP to my wife. She understands that. What she cannot fathom is simulated ditch digging.

Sure, buying something for CC's isn't an in-game achievement. But, darn it if "beating" RNG is not much of an achievement either.

Everyone that says that HK was "good," I have another take. I'd rather pay cartel coins rather than spend 6 hrs. simply digging.

I can explain achievements for PVE and PVP to my wife. She understands that. What she cannot fathom is simulated ditch digging.

Sure, buying something for CC's isn't an in-game achievement. But, darn it if "beating" RNG is not much of an achievement either.

Would it be considered RNG since it's placed on the map and you then have to look for it? Wouldn't RNG be more of staying in one spot and non-stop clicking until it appears?

Not that I found it to be the most exciting thing to do in game, and I wish there was a non-group related way to get the parts. Not that I haven't been willing to team, but I never seem to beable to get my guild to run the ones needed. :/

• 5 weeks later...
I do not share your sentiment.

Treek is a great addition to the game. It's something many players like, and no player is forced to acquire it or use it if they don't like it. It is amazing to me how much so many players detest choice. Actually.. they don't detest it, they just don't want anyone but themselves to have choice.

And the way they are adding it to the game is consistent with everything they have been doing for the last 8 months.

Yeah.. some people don't like the CM, cartel coins, etc. etc. But so what. Some people, in every MMO, don't like something.

True this i agree with this in fact i don't like some of Swtor either they could add some stuff

im waiting for my 80 million creds and legacy 50 to feel useful :(

This is not part of the subject i know but could u lend me some of those creds if so thanks seriously

Edited by crqp

There is a saying where I am from, worry about yourself not others and it will pay off. Who cares how others get it, why would it make you any less satisfied you still worked hard for it which should be the satisfying part of it. Instead you whine about how you worked hard and someone else didn't.

Well, I am here to tell you brainiac I worked hell hard for the 20 dollars I used to buy him. Prolly harder every day of my life then you ever work playing a video game, so don't tell the people that made the choice to buy him they didn't work hard, because I am sure every dollar spent was earned.

Thank you sir.

I don't think there is any problem with making treek available through the market.

By the same token I do not see making the tauntaun mount available by in game means only a bad thing either.

I think both are acceptable, and I would guess most find both acceptable as well.

There is a saying where I am from, worry about yourself not others and it will pay off. Who cares how others get it, why would it make you any less satisfied you still worked hard for it which should be the satisfying part of it. Instead you whine about how you worked hard and someone else didn't.

Well, I am here to tell you brainiac I worked hell hard for the 20 dollars I used to buy him. Prolly harder every day of my life then you ever work playing a video game, so don't tell the people that made the choice to buy him they didn't work hard, because I am sure every dollar spent was earned.

Thank you sir.

there are single player games and there are mmo's. entirely different. now i'm not saying you should leave this game. i think it's great you're here, but from what i understand you enjoy from the above statements, there are a couple alternatives you could look at.

you might enjoy skryim more than an mmo. you can open the console, and i think the command is "tgm" to 'toggle god mode.' then you just hit the button that looks fun and you can enjoy the game however you want. however, i don't think skyrim has an option to spend real-life money buying stuff. if that was the thing you're saying you enjoy, you might also enjoy the home shopping network. they have frequent new content updates, and all you have to do is click to buy.

the thing with an mmo is that you're actions do effect others. that's kind of the point. they put other people into the same gamespace so that other people's decisions effect you, and you effect them. that's the fundamental difference between an mmo like this and a single player game. your effect on the game will be especially prominent for those of us who like the "game" aspect if they tailor future development to your needs. if they turn this mmo into a game focused on thinking other people's actions shouldn't be effecting your game, as well as purchasing $20 ewoks, i don't think it would want to stay subbed.