GSF should give valor

TheSLCKids

I think that the GSF should give out valor you cant get valor for open world PVP anymore and i just hate doing warzones but i love doing the GSF and i realy want to be able to wear the battlemaster gear but it requires a valor rank of 60 to ware it and GSF is a form of PVP.

Valor is a reward for defeating other players in the ground game. It doesn't make sense to reward you for a totally different activity. As you pointed out, even open world PvP no longer gives Valor, what makes you think something even more distant to warzones would give it?

I think that the GSF should give out valor you cant get valor for open world PVP anymore and i just hate doing warzones but i love doing the GSF and i realy want to be able to wear the battlemaster gear but it requires a valor rank of 60 to ware it and GSF is a form of PVP.

GSF is a form of Space PvP and gives out Requisition.

Warzones are a form of Ground PvP and give out Valor and Comms.

They are two different things that gives out different types of rewards. Nothing in Ground PvP requires Requisition to advance and nothing in Space PvP requires Valor and Comms.

The real problem here is why do old, discontinued types of Ground PvP armor still have a valor requirement. BioWare should probably remove the Valor requirement on all discontinued Ground PvP armor shells.

The problem is that the current obvious divide between GSF and the ground game. They dont have any effect on each other so you dont link your characters with GSF. This would be ok if it was legacy based but as everything has its own progression it feels very confused and detached. As it is players will only be playing GSF on a main,

I know theres problems with the engine trying to make it legacy based but with no real ground character pilot integration its feels rushed. Feels like a seperate game that I'm punished for being on another character in.

Edited by Tellenn

The problem for me (and others) is that there is a total disconnect between GSF and your character. It's basically a completely separate game within SWTOR, but if I wanted to play a space fighter there are real versions available for that. It needs comm gain, or valor gain, or something to connect it back to your character.

It's fun and a shiny new toy for now but when people settle back into caring about character progression, GSF doesn't fall anywhere on the to-do list.

Edit: Oh, nice, the guy above me said basically the same thing

Edited by BuckeyeChris

The problem for me (and others) is that there is a total disconnect between GSF and your character. It's basically a completely separate game within SWTOR, but if I wanted to play a space fighter there are real versions available for that. It needs comm gain, or valor gain, or something to connect it back to your character.

It's fun and a shiny new toy for now but when people settle back into caring about character progression, GSF doesn't fall anywhere on the to-do list.

Same thoughts here. With the railshooter you had, at least the ship to identify with, and could craft ship parts with Cybertech... but the hell WHY would a Sith Inquisitor, or Smuggler. or Marauder, or Bountyhunter jump in a starfighter, as part of an evidently fleet-based action.. with some strangers as co-pilots?

Why cant we.. whatever, house our fighter in a bay aboard our ships, or home hangar... and tinker with it, as we did with out starships ourself...

Edited by Kheldras

i realy want to be able to wear the battlemaster gear but it requires a valor rank of 60 to ware it

An alternative is the rated version of the battlemaster gear. The rating requirement was removed from the rated version so that no longer has any restrictions. It never had a valor requirement and now it now longer has a rating requirement. Those can be crafted. So, if you can find the rated version on the GTN or someone who can craft it, then you can wear that without any valor requirement. Not sure if there's any color variation between the regular and rated versions, but with dyes that shouldn't matter anyway.

I got two levels of exp last night, including the daily and weekly bonus on my 27 Guardian. Now, I can easily see hitting level 55 and having no gear, a couple hundred thousand credits and 0 valour if you do happen to want to pvp. There has to be some sort of mechanic, maybe on ground rep to allow you to buy some pve gear at least.

GSF is a form of Space PvP and gives out Requisition.

The real problem here is why do old, discontinued types of Ground PvP armor still have a valor requirement. BioWare should probably remove the Valor requirement on all discontinued Ground PvP armor shells.

i agree with you on this people have for a long time been wanting them to remove the valor requirements for the old battlemaster crafted armor but they have not sadly

i agree with what you have to say here the new GSF is completely different game with in swtor that does realy nothing for you ground character except for a little bit of XP and credits buts that's it they should add some thing to the GSF that helps affect your ground character like the developers said they would.