Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is the highest viewed thread in the General Discussion forum by about 40k views and the highest responded thread by nearly double the posts of the next highest thread, BUT NOTHING HAS STILL BEEN DONE! :(

Sums it up. Where's the huge thread demanding SGR?

Sums it up. Where's the huge thread demanding SGR?

There were a bunch, in Suggestions and General chat. Do a title search on "SGR" or "Same sex" if you want to read them. But they kept getting derailed into the usual polarised discussions of politics/morality, and were shut down. So none got as large as this one. There's nothing inherently controversial about APAC players talking about the parlous state of the APAC servers (apart from the sniping, whingeing and whingeing about sniping), so this thread is safe from that.

And action was taken on SGRs for lots of reasons; social justice, adherence to BW/EA standard practice and so on. Not just because players made threads about it.

Back to relevnace; here are some Yes, Minister quotes which people may want to read meaning into.

Sir Arnold: If people don't know what you're doing, they don't know what you're doing wrong.

and something oddlly encouraging:

Sir Arnold: The Law of Inverse Relevance, the less you intend doing about something the more you have to keep talking about it.

(If that's true, then the lack-of-communication from the CMs must surely be good news? Although, they are in daily conversation, you know :rolleyes:)

I have just decided to unsub. Now this is not an I quit post, I will still be actively playing this game I just can't continue to pay them any money while this remains unresolved.

There are certain vocal ppl who seem to think re-rolling will get them to take action but all that will achieve is for them to shut down the APAC servers. I want them to remain open (preferably all merged into one), the only way to make them take notice is if they start to loose money. So in 54 days I will become a free-loader, I will still be playing as much as before but I will be doing it for free. If you really want action I suggest you do the same.

Now I am not unreasonable, I will be re-sub straight away once something is done. Hell, I'd probably re-sub if they would actually open a proper discussion with us on a solution rather than the 'we are aware of your concern' lines that they give us now.

Please BW just talk to us!

Edited by ChuangTzu

They're not going to 'merge' any servers.

If they do ever do anything it will almost definitely be via transfers. Where they will allow you to transfer remains to be seen.

I don't mind if they don't. I would prefer that they do though. I'm getting by on Dalborra with our medium population but if they are going to keep servers at these types of populations then they need to develop the game with this in mind. Some of the functionality added to the game only really benefit large populations servers. No-one likes having to sit in a wz or groupfinder that doesn't work for half the day.

Edited by Amlici

You really don't want to... it's really not that great... I mean have you tried arguing with morons all day? It's tiresome! And then you come home to play and enjoy yourself and it's nothing but drama about why people don't queue pvp, or constant whinging about every little thing wrong with the game, ************ over loot rolls, people god-moding and trying to take over RP sessions...

No you were right to transfer off months ago... all I can say is thank goodness for the 'Hide Legacy Name' option

i rerolled on a EU server, its amazeballs, im just bidding time till payed transfers or some transfers come out, the nyancat legacy shall be feared again 8D

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

I have an update of sorts, or at least an update on an update. As many of you will likely read in Jeff’s State of the Game blog we are actively working on a plan for the APAC servers. I know this is something we have said to you a couple of times and what you are really looking for are the details. I don’t have those for you yet today, but, I will definitely have them for you next week. I am even confident in saying that you will have them earlier in the week as opposed to later.

I know it isn’t the details you wanted just yet but we are finalizing them now and you can look for them next week! I really appreciate you all continuing to be patient with us.

-eric

Hey everyone!

I have an update of sorts, or at least an update on an update. As many of you will likely read in Jeff’s State of the Game blog we are actively working on a plan for the APAC servers. I know this is something we have said to you a couple of times and what you are really looking for are the details. I don’t have those for you yet today, but, I will definitely have them for you next week. I am even confident in saying that you will have them earlier in the week as opposed to later.

I know it isn’t the details you wanted just yet but we are finalizing them now and you can look for them next week! I really appreciate you all continuing to be patient with us.

-eric

Hi I did read the blog post and I'm happy that you mention the apac server crisis in the blog post and taking the time to write to us in this thread

Just please don't let us down as you can tell in this thread alot of people have lost Faith in customer service and the developers

Thanks

Pcwizard

Ps: looking forward for the Announcement On what you've decided for the solution

Edited by xxpcwizardxx

Hey everyone!

-eric

Lol. You wanna hope you keep to that time frame you've given us or unsubscribe central tbh.

Though I'll probably unsub if the update is that you're fixing it after launch of the expansion.

Hey everyone!

-eric

well im glad you finally replied eric, i was contemplating rolling another marauder on my new server, please for hte love of god allow transfers out.

The decision that comes from this determines if i resubscribe or not, its about to end. Heres hoping they actually fix it. Not a EAware "fix"

Hey everyone!

-eric

Hey everyone!

-eric

Finally we get something out of EA after 300 pages of posts hopefully they just merge everything into Dalborra and have open world PVP areas and an extra chat window for those RP players. :cool:

Hi I did read the blog post and I'm happy that you mention the apac server crisis in the blog post and taking the time to write to us in this thread

Just please don't let us down as you can tell in this thread alot of people have lost Faith in customer service and the developers

Thanks

Pcwizard

Ps: looking forward for the Announcement On what you've decided for the solution

Yes I called once it took 5 minutes and they hang up on me and I'm a paying customer

I don't mind if they don't. I would prefer that they do though. I'm getting by on Dalborra with our medium population but if they are going to keep servers at these types of populations then they need to develop the game with this in mind. Some of the functionality added to the game only really benefit large populations servers. No-one likes having to sit in a wz or groupfinder that doesn't work for half the day.

This ^^ 100% agree with this especially if your a DPS

Hey everyone!

-eric

Finally! Thanks for the information Eric.