Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ heads to GamesCom 2012

CourtneyWoods

I think a healthy number will be gamers. Besides, non-gamers is probably the best market for SW:TOR right now. Gamers have played SW:TOR, and most of them decided it wasn't really for them. Star Wars fans will probably like it better.

look i feel for you i would be pissed off if they decided to cancel; at the last moment. but gamescom is their only european convention. you still have star wars centerd event while if they canceld gamescom i had nothing to there becouse there is no swtor is the only thing star wars there.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesnt explain why you are not going to star wars celebration but still going to gamescom.

If anything I would have though you would cancel this one instead of SWC. This is Star Wars.

becouse gamescom is in europe and swc is in the us. europe is half of their players and they would rage if they only went to us conventions.

look i feel for you i would be pissed off if they decided to cancel; at the last moment. but gamescom is their only european convention. you still have star wars centerd event while if they canceld gamescom i had nothing to there becouse there is no swtor is the only thing star wars there.

Yeah, I thought about this, and since Bioware has already been to PAX East and Comic-con this summer (a video game con and a non-video game con), cancelling their only European con would have been just as bad.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of Bioware and EA cancelling either event. They are reducing costs across the board I'm sure, but reneging on an already announced convention is a disservice to your fans not to mention generally unprofessional. They should reduce convention presence next year, not renege on announced events.

Pictures and Prizes: As always, you can also take a picture with some of the colorful Star Wars™ characters on hand from the 501st Legion. We’ll also be handing out collectibles and codes for unique in-game items.

Kinda BS that people that can afford to go there get rare in game items others cant get cause they cant afford to go!! Way to alienate over 3/4 your subbers:mad: However I believe alot of people are right fix Denova first adn release new content since its been out for over 7 months and we have only had 1 event and only 3 Raids, we need a new lvl cap, guild capital ships, MORE CONTENT, more things to do like mini-games, MORE STORY, more races to choose from, add a new class for each faction, moddable ships that can have paint schemes and more upgrades for ships,MORE GEAR SELECTION(as far as looks and styles), more vehicles, new companions, Master Apprentice programs for Sith/Jedi or BH and smuggler, bounties on same and cross faction players, player homes, decoratables interiors(like trophys or gear or furniture), Bounty Hunters that actually collect BOUNTIES ON PEOPLE, and so much more i can think off the top of my head atm. They just need to give the players what they want!!!!!

If you are tight on money and can't spare the people...you should be picking ONE and going. That SHOULD be Star Wars celebration where everyone would probably be interested in playing since it's adding a f2p option. Think bioware THINK. Don't shut yourself out to SW fans...I can't believe you picked gamescom over SW celebration :(

Ah well, no need to dwell on it.

If you are tight on money and can't spare the people...you should be picking ONE and going. That SHOULD be Star Wars celebration where everyone would probably be interested in playing since it's adding a f2p option. Think bioware THINK. Don't shut yourself out to SW fans...I can't believe you picked gamescom over SW celebration :(

they cannot afford to miss either of them. star wars celebration is the bigest star wars convention and gamescom is the bigest games convention in the world. but if they have to go to one it should be gamescom becouse they haven't gone to europe yet

Maybe instead of spending all that money to go to a convention where you will mostly be ignored anyways, try putting that into fixing the game. Put it into more endgame content. Put it into more in game items. **** that F2P **** thats going to screw the people with founders titles. F2P has never and will never be a good idea for the MMO genre. I love the game, but the absolute lack of caring about the bugs and the wants and wishes of its player base is really upsetting.

Kinda BS that people that can afford to go there get rare in game items others cant get cause they cant afford to go!! Way to alienate over 3/4 your subbers:mad: However I believe alot of people are right fix Denova first adn release new content since its been out for over 7 months and we have only had 1 event and only 3 Raids, we need a new lvl cap, guild capital ships, MORE CONTENT, more things to do like mini-games, MORE STORY, more races to choose from, add a new class for each faction, moddable ships that can have paint schemes and more upgrades for ships,MORE GEAR SELECTION(as far as looks and styles), more vehicles, new companions, Master Apprentice programs for Sith/Jedi or BH and smuggler, bounties on same and cross faction players, player homes, decoratables interiors(like trophys or gear or furniture), Bounty Hunters that actually collect BOUNTIES ON PEOPLE, and so much more i can think off the top of my head atm. They just need to give the players what they want!!!!!

Amen brother. Fix the damn game, and screw the conventions. Just goes to show that they really dont give a flying **** about the player base.

they cannot afford to miss either of them. star wars celebration is the bigest star wars convention and gamescom is the bigest games convention in the world. but if they have to go to one it should be gamescom becouse they haven't gone to europe yet

Ohhh ok. I didn't know gamescom was the biggest. Thanks for clarifying that. Also, it would upset the Europeans if they didn't go to Europe :)

Because considering as to all star wars fans are gamers and in particular MMO gamers? That's why SW games are generally such a major success. Oh, and why such a convention gets only about 30k attendees.

Truly, I fail to see a single reason on as to why TOR has to be there. Sure if they had time to spend or anything, but beyond that there's bigger, more appropriate and more important conventions such as GamesCom, to focus on.

What frustrates me is besides announcing F2P they've been pushing the new content released during e3, that was back when I finished up spring semester mmmk? Its now august and Im about to go back to finish my degree. My 3 months of actually having time to play this game went to poo so fast that i can't even describe how disheartened I was.

Ok sure before the server mergers I was rerolling toons and that was fun, getting servers full that was fun, legacy perks ehhh, kinda redudant since the game wasn't getting new players and most of the people playing already have/had several 50 toons so the emphasis on leveling alts is imo is as affective as working out everyday but eating so much food that you're gaining weight in all the wrong places.

Honestly the game was a gamble, that is obvious after 8 months of play. At first, it was a "refreshing" idea, voice acting, stories, ships, lightsabers, blasters ohhh yes. However creativity for the game pooped the bin after the rakghoul outbreak. K cool i change my lighsaber colour, my armor from tier to tier is meh at best, not to mention marauder gear from ptr to live went through huge changes that for me, was kinda bull. I was suppose to be a death machine in pseudo heavy armour with a hood, not some lame brain "imperial guard" who the hell am I kir kanos? If thats so give marauders the ability to use a double-bladed vibrosword and go to town. Then to make it worse, the new pictures on the site (currently) shows a maruader in heavy armor. For the love of all that is the force, stop lieing to the public and just admit you made a last minute change to marauder gear and ya eff'd over everyone who wanted to play because the look was totally wrong leveling up. The tionese-blackhole gear kinda made up for it but not really, the battlemaster gear is the only set that does justice so good job there, but i had to wait 50 lvls for a hooded piece of armor c'mon!

The game as an RPG, is a relative success, the stories are iffy for some classes but averaged out pretty well, the problem being, who wants to do the alderaan story line over and over and over or kill tusken raiders over and over and over. With the one quest and its bonus between 8 toons you are essentially killing over 1000 of the sand people....ONE THOUSAND! Crazy right?

Final thought: Many people (like myself) thought the game was going to be sweet, so they got a 6 mo. sub. After the free game time (2 months) most of those subs who decided not to renew are going bye bye as we speak, mine runs out in about a week. Populations will probably drop because of that and GW2 (people are going to try it since its a no risk gamble in reality except for initial purchase). I wanted to fight for this game, I wanted it to succeed and in actuality they fooled us all, we're still in the PTR of swtor! and we all payed for it! I feel if the game launched per se next month instead of last december (that is the group finder, the raids, bug fixes, legacy, etc), good chance the game would still have over 500k subs (most likely way less atm) simply because the game would be on such a better standing. People are too bitter to play.

My husband and I looked up Gamescon, since it isn't too far away we could perhaps have gone there. It would have been so great! Unfortunately it didn't mesh so good with getting time off from the job.

For me at least it makes sense to go there, it is a very very big. This is from last years apparently

"Already the world's largest video game convention in terms of attendance, Gamescom grew even bigger in 2011, welcoming an estimated 275,000 visitors through the week ending Sunday, August 21, a 21,000-gamer surge compared to 2010"

Ohh... wish I could go there when it was finally in my little corner of the world. Ohh well, have fun all of you who are lucky enough to go there.

Hmm let's see. Buy a new PC, or a plane ticket to Germany? Doh, I don't have a passport! I'll have to pass on GamesCom.

Would have been nice if they would have gone to Orlando. Just a 90 min drive for me.

Edited by Kourage

What exactly are you celebrating ?

The zero open world pvp?

The lack of idea on how to get open world pvp started?

Not listening to the players feedback and doing what YOU think is best...because no one knows what best for the players than the Devs?

Adding a new Warzone? lol there are a ton of games with way better war zones than STOR...only thing that separates STOR from the other games is that its a space MMO and not a traditional Sword and Shield MMO.

Celebrate the broken Resolve system...which works one v one...since there is no open pvp because there is no reason to..we fight in a warzone ...thats 8 on 8 last time i checked....which makes the resolves system a mute point ..right? By far the worst system ever made...thats the trade mark of STOR?

Celebrate the Equipment ...so that anyone can have 26K hit points with the MOD system.. even if the armor is light? Maybe save some money and not beat your chest over ..yet another goofy system....tanks wear heavy have more HPs and less DPS...with this game the DPS has just as many HPs as a tank...this system makes no sense what so ever.

The boring space combat system? maybe you need to log onto Battlestar galactica online and see what space combat looks like....yah its a browser game ...lol

I have not logged in for 2 weeks because this game just isnt as great as its beefed up to be....and yes i have a 50 with full War Hero gear , completely Mod'ed out. Its just well...boring.

I would not recommend this game to anyone until all the things above are fixed...waste of money...you'll be burned out in 4 months tops.

Have fun at gamecon..maybe you will see what a real game looks like in Archeage online...thats a dam game there!

What exactly are you celebrating ?

The zero open world pvp?

The lack of idea on how to get open world pvp started?

Not listening to the players feedback and doing what YOU think is best...because no one knows what best for the players than the Devs?

Adding a new Warzone? lol there are a ton of games with way better war zones than STOR...only thing that separates STOR from the other games is that its a space MMO and not a traditional Sword and Shield MMO.

Celebrate the broken Resolve system...which works one v one...since there is no open pvp because there is no reason to..we fight in a warzone ...thats 8 on 8 last time i checked....which makes the resolves system a mute point ..right? By far the worst system ever made...thats the trade mark of STOR?

Celebrate the Equipment ...so that anyone can have 26K hit points with the MOD system.. even if the armor is light? Maybe save some money and not beat your chest over ..yet another goofy system....tanks wear heavy have more HPs and less DPS...with this game the DPS has just as many HPs as a tank...this system makes no sense what so ever.

The boring space combat system? maybe you need to log onto Battlestar galactica online and see what space combat looks like....yah its a browser game ...lol

I have not logged in for 2 weeks because this game just isnt as great as its beefed up to be....and yes i have a 50 with full War Hero gear , completely Mod'ed out. Its just well...boring.

I would not recommend this game to anyone until all the things above are fixed...waste of money...you'll be burned out in 4 months tops.

Have fun at gamecon..maybe you will see what a real game looks like in Archeage online...thats a dam game there!

classic case of a PVP player thinking they are the only ppl that play the game. by the way the story is great

Pictures and Prizes: As always, you can also take a picture with some of the colorful Star Wars™ characters on hand from the 501st Legion. We’ll also be handing out collectibles and codes for unique in-game items.

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! This is the kinda stuff I'm thinking of!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THESE IDEAS!!!!!!!! BioWare if you are reading this… PLEASE CONSIDER THIS GUYS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph_good_post::ph_love_this::jawa_biggrin:

I won't go to GamesCom even though it's in my country, but I wonder if they'll finally tell or show us something actually new there, I'm gonna check the game websites on games com news.

Meanwhile, even I get bored with SWTOR after more than 1200 hrs (and those are only xfire numbers) playtime. Yeah well, can't wait to see new stuff.