Quick Upgrading Crafting Question

Mackuss

So, you can make MULTIPLE blues (from reverse engineering) from the same green item right? Like, two "different" forms of the item with two different Prefixes from the same green item?

So far that is my experience. After I crank out a bunch of belts I reverse engineer them and end up with two blue belts that are differently named. There might be a third version of the item but I've not seen that. Same has been true for every item I've created. Boots, Gloves, bracers, you should get two additional schematics for better items when you reverse engineer the item you get after buying the schematic at a vendor.

You might also get something else from reverse engineering your blue items as well. IE maybe you start with one green item, reverse engineering gives you 2 blue items, you build a bunch of those and reverse engineer them enough and maybe you get a purple or something?

from my experience with artificing, eventually reverse engineering greens will give a blue with the same name and better stats. reverse engineering those gives a purple item with the same name, but with advanced in front of it, and obviously better again stats. no idea if i can reverse engineer better than that. Edited by mightygaz

Been RE'ing my Armormech items and managed to find a third Blue from one of my Greens...

The Green was "Reinforced Mesh Belt" and I found the following Blue schematics:

• Critical Reinforced Mesh Belt (+3 Critical Rating)
  • Overkill Reinforced Mesh Belt (+3 Power)
  • Redoubt Reinforced Mesh Belt (+3 Defense Rating)

I had gotten the Overkill and Critical on another recipe and given up trying any further...now I'll have to go back and try that one a few more times to see if I can get the third.

I've gotten Purples from doing the Blue....but I don't know if there's anything beyond that.