Don't hold any hopes on bioware fixing Republic disadvantages

Redsuns_

In my whole experience of playing mmorpgs, i have almost never seen devs actually fixing any faction unfairness. Most are set in stone in design. They don't care a damm if A skill is faster than B or A zone is easier than B zone. All these are on the LOWEST priority. Even bioware has said Project issue is on low priority which they will look into IN THE FUTURE.

Judging by the huge amt of bugs and improvements that need to be done in swtor, its going to be a long long wait.

All republic players should just quit and stop being the step child of bioware and playthings for the empire.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't going to bother fixing people's preferences, or trying to force people to do something they don't want to.

Some examples like

Empire instant skill vs Republic delayed animation

Republic dirty kick that roots the player for 1 sec vs Empire smooth animation

you call these preferences? No wonder republic suck balls in pvp. Hell, the players can't even notice the flaws if you shoved it into their faces.

Here's a fix for people like you:

Logout of the game

Delete your toons, all of them

Uninstall the game

Go play WoW (because factions are exactly equal over there.)

You're welcome.

Yup i hope every republicans will just leave and let empire kids play huttball all day.

Some examples like

OMG that really is devastatingly game-destroying! What a massive, unbalancing inequality!!! A whole second! One one whole skill?! Used by an entire class?! The hell you say!

:rolleyes:

Edited by PibbyPib

They aren't going to bother fixing people's preferences, or trying to force people to do something they don't want to.

I play Republic, and I'm glad. I wouldn't want to feel like I needed a bone tossed to me to compete with the enemy.

Its not just that, as a rep i feel like an add on, a last minute addition to swtor. From the imp storyline, armor, weapons, animations to the bugs that republic suffer atm. You can see bioware have spent alot more time making sure the imp side feel right and have trusted that the rep just falls into place

They havent given the love equally IMO when it comes to the appearance of endgame armors etc. But maybe it will be adjusted over time.

Until then ive stopped pvping WZ + ilum until i can enter without getting 1 shot by 2 week old battlemasters ^^

Some examples like

you call these preferences? No wonder republic suck balls in pvp. Hell, the players can't even notice the flaws if you shoved it into their faces.

Why should the game help YOU when your team/faction sucks? This isn't Call of Duty where the game rewards you with perks like death streaks for playing like ****. If you can't deliver a good opposition, then the beatings should hurt and it should sting enough to make a grown man cry until you get some good opposition. Just because there's consistently less people on the Republic side doesn't mean it's not impossible.

Edited by xGBox

I think this is a server issue, because on my server the rep side is alive and kicking and on illum have been steamrolling. I'm speaking of population imbalance of course.

How is this relevant to my point?

Another example of how bad republic players are.

OMG that really is devastatingly game-destroying! What a massive, unbalancing inequality!!! A whole second! One one whole skill?! Used by an entire class?! The hell you say!

:rolleyes:

IF you knew anything about game imbalances then im sure you would be trolling.

1 second in pvp can be the difference between u living or dieing and a 5k crit. So before you start making fun of things beyond your understanding please think before you open ur mouth. thank you

In my whole experience of playing mmorpgs, i have almost never seen devs actually fixing any faction unfairness. Most are set in stone in design. They don't care a damm if A skill is faster than B or A zone is easier than B zone. All these are on the LOWEST priority. Even bioware has said Project issue is on low priority which they will look into IN THE FUTURE.

Judging by the huge amt of bugs and improvements that need to be done in swtor, its going to be a long long wait.

All republic players should just quit and stop being the step child of bioware and playthings for the empire.

Back on the Project problem? >.< I infact love Project compared to lightning and try to compare the Trooper to the Bounty Hunter the Troopers Bomb thing is just like the Lightning while the Bounty hunters bomb is just like Project... I actually prefer my Project... it still hits within a second so I could care less if it's the last part of a second

Why should the game help YOU when your team/faction sucks? This isn't Call of Duty where the game rewards you with perks like death streaks for playing like ****. If you can't deliver a good opposition, then the beatings should hurt and it should sting enough to make a grown man cry until you get some good opposition. Just because there's consistently less people on the Republic side doesn't mean it's not impossible.

Again your going off on ur own little cloud.

The skill imbalance is what the OP is talking about not the server imbalance

Some examples like

I'm too busy unloading mortars into Sith to give two ***** whether or not I'm gimped. I enjoy playing on the Republic, because I like the faction more. That's all I care about, and that's all anybody should care about. I couldn't care less whether the Empire has more players.

IF you knew anything about game imbalances then im sure you would be trolling.

1 second in pvp can be the difference between u living or dieing and a 5k crit. So before you start making fun of things beyond your understanding please think before you open ur mouth. thank you

The OP is claiming systemic neglect is apparent in the Republic faction's design.

If you think a one second animation on one skill isn't a laughably pathetic example, then you're as stupid as he is.

I'm too busy unloading mortars into Sith to give two ***** whether or not I'm gimped. I enjoy playing on the Republic, because I like the faction more. That's all I care about, and that's all anybody should care about. I couldn't care less whether the Empire has more players.

This.

Also the whole appearance thing is completely subjective.

I think Republic looks better because everyone isn't decked out in black/grey and red...with a purple here and there.

I have played both and I can say I have enjoyed the feel of the Republic better. Dunno why...but rolling into a instance with a trooper, two Jedi, a Smuggler just feels right...

How is this relevant to my point?

Another example of how bad republic players are.

Hmm. On our server, the Republic wins WZs much more often that the Imps do... and I'm an Imp. I can sometimes go 2 days in the 50 bracket and never win a game for the daily... and that's through farming up almost 1000 marks.

But hey, Reps are bad.