Has anybody else noticed?

Sarfux

Just wanted to highlight a great example of a completely pointless response that does nothing but trash the opposing view while contributing nothing to the conversation.

For some people, it's not about comparing ideas or suggestions, it's about winning the argument. Disparaging the 'other side' is just part and parcel of how such people work.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare those customers who are not part of the Special Snowflake Forum Clique post?

Who do they think they are?

And to disagree with the Clique?

They don't even have a sig, or have their text colored to be special.

How dare they!

I don't think it's the fact that people disagree. However they are first off abusing the referral program. Second, those people have done nothing but repeatedly troll the forums. Some even obviously circumventing bans by creating another new account to continue to troll and call out others in a manner that is against ToS.

I don't think it's the fact that people disagree. However they are first off abusing the referral program. Second, those people have done nothing but repeatedly troll the forums. Some even obviously circumventing bans by creating another new account to continue to troll and call out others in a manner that is against ToS.

Again. This right here is exactly what I am talking about. I am in no way shape or form telling anybody that hve their own opinion about the game that they cannot have it. Let's get that straight here because some posters seem to think that's what I am saying.

Your post, like I have said many times before, is exactly what I am talking about. Those people do nothing but troll, bring very negative criticism, get people riled up and cause problems and just overall hate the game. It's just a fact. You guys have seen it.

Edited by Sarfux

For some people, it's not about comparing ideas or suggestions, it's about winning the argument. Disparaging the 'other side' is just part and parcel of how such people work.

something like 32 posts yesterday. you spend a lot of time here. what argument are you trying to win?

And yes, again, there are many troll threads. I understand that. Well, go back and look at some of these threads and see who's posting in them. Half the posts are from these elite posters defending the game. If it's already a troll thread, then just let it die. If it's a more serious thread that's actually discussing things, then let it thrive. The forums doesn't need a self-appointed police force.

And seriously, where are the moderators in all this? They could pop in once in a while and restore order, maybe issue a few warnings when things get out of hand.

As one of the "usual posters", I agree 100% with you on this entire topic. I think the level of insults and increased attacks on people is going largely unchecked and is doing more to cause a toxic community than any other issue. The "cool" thing seems to be to troll and antagonize people who comment incorrectly on anything about the game.

I find it disgusting tbh. I think it's reprehensible that Bioware allows a few trolls, defenders or not, to drive off so many of their customers.

In all honesty I tend to stay out of posting in the forums here because they are so toxic. It's almost assured that one will get flamed by someone over ideas ranging from the petty to large scale issues. Heck, I've been around since the closed beta tests, to early access and launch and this has remained a consistent issue with these forums. Toxicity.

Moreover, I'd just rather play the game than come in some forum and rant and rave about how A.) Either I like the game or B.) Dump a laundry list of issues in a non-constructive fashion. When I get bored I unsub. When I have tech issues I go to support, if it doesn't get resolved I unsub and leave comments in the unsub box.

Edited by ElectricMethod

As one of the "usual posters", I agree 100% with you on this entire topic. I think the level of insults and increased attacks on people is going largely unchecked and is doing more to cause a toxic community than any other issue. The "cool" thing seems to be to troll and antagonize people who comment incorrectly on anything about the game.

I find it disgusting tbh. I think it's reprehensible that Bioware allows a few trolls, defenders or not, to drive off so many of their customers.

Can't wait for the next reset. Was awesome for the two weeks after the last one in October ... until banned accounts resurfaced under new names. BW should consider making forum resets a monthly housecleaning exercise imho. Edited by GalacticKegger

I have not really seen anyone with genuine constructive criticism 'bullied'.

But I'll be the first to admit, when someone comes along and posts nothing but "this game sucks and you biodrones are fail for liking it you must be employed by bioeawarefail", I'll be one of the first in line to point out their hypocrisy.

Edited by Icebergy

I wonder if the "criticism defenders" in this thread actually read the OP? He stated specifically what type of posts that are bothering him, yet the "criticism defenders" are talking about how the "biodrones' are in full force in this thread because they can't stand any negativity about SWTOR. But that isn't the issue. OP is talking about the newly created, dummy accounts, that are obviously trolling. But if that is unacceptable, then I can only assume that the "criticism defenders" of this thread, are in fact trolls. I mean, the first openly hostile comments in this thread are about "biodrones" so who is being aggressive and hostile towards others' opinions? OP who asked a question without aggression? Or the ones who answered him without calling anyone out? Or the people who called the people answering the question "biodrones"? It's the third option, fyi.

Right? Right.