played SWG?

DarthVandares

Vizair, originally from Kettemoor then got moved to Ahazi in the great server purge. Launch day to shut down vet. Pre-Publish 9 Jedi. I miss my Elder Robe and my Obi-Wan crystal.

It's easy to be nostalgic about SWG because there were so many incredible things in that game, but it also had serious failings.

Poor balance (with 32 classes, no big surprise), lack of content, irrelevance of the Galactic Civil War, a time period that made lots of Jedi silly, when it's obvious the biggest draw in any Star Wars game is going to be Jedi, very, very, very bad management, and so on.

SWG was at the same time the best and the worst MMO I've ever played, and the CU and NGE didn't help.

The biggest thing I miss though was the vision and scope of the dev team. Skill trees rather than classes allowed for interesting combinations (though in practice only some were viable). Non-combat classes and mechanics that involved them in the game. An entirely player created economy. Neat veteran rewards. Player housing and cities, even GCW bases. Tameable creatures. Large, immersive worlds (in SWTOR no water is deeper than your ankles) with great PoI's and things to explore. Reasonably fun events. True 3-D space and multi-PC crew ships. Even atmospheric flight at the end of the game, where you could take your x-wing and strafe ground targets.

SWTOR's devs are solid, but uninspiring. They are satisfied with a playable, fun game that's based essentially on a Star Wars skinned WoW-clone.

Edited by sharpenedstick

Name was

<-------------

Bria server

I miss everything pre-cu (people seem to forget about the CU for some reason)

my guild, the social aspects of the game...the pvp. I was a pretty good pilot in JTL too.

Edited by Vinak

I was Arcyt on Bria.

I miss a lot. Player housing, space combat, the special heavy weapons, the armor, and how it was a lot more customizable with much more separate parts, the beach in Kaadara, Naboo, the Cantinas where everyone would watch entertainers for buffs and hang out, the GCW era, and how /slapping a Storm Trooper would get you fined or killed.

Did anyone play swg??

What was your toon name?

What was your server?

What do you miss the most if anything?

Yup

Edzew

Eclipse

i miss the entire game (pre NGE) the open planets! being able to wonder around freely! player housing, i had my bunker all decked out. jump to light speed, playable races that didn't look human with almost unlimited customization (you could be tall you could be short you could be skinny you could be fat, you could be young or you could be old, one of the best damn character creation ever!!) crafting was actually fun in that game, the social aspect of the game ( and i hate being social yet in that game i didn't mind at all everyone was nice and helpful IN GAME) im sure there is more but i have to get to work B^)

Played on Starsider (unofficial RP server) Yazzhira was my main at the time.

I miss the community, the people (The Pixies)

I miss the crafting system, sandbox game play.

I miss the excitement when a BH showed up to collect.

Sandbox, player housing and shops.

What I do not miss is: Grinding for Jedi, the boring mission terminals. Anything after NGU...

Edited by Darth_Vala

Erec - Bounty Hunter

Starsider (2004-2009)

1. I miss my Mandalorian armor...

2. I miss hunting Jedi

3. I miss the liveliness of Mos Eisley Cantina

3. I miss kiting Krayt dragons into Mos Eisley Cantina :D

4. I miss open world space

5. I miss the open world pvp

Lots of great memories playing that game.

Edited by Motovator

Erec - Bounty Hunter

Starsider (2004-2009)

1. I miss my Mandalorian armor...

2. I miss hunting Jedi

3. I miss the liveliness of Mos Eisley Cantina

3. I miss kiting Krayt dragons into Mos Eisley Cantina :D

4. I miss open world space

5. I miss the open world pvp

Lots of great memories playing that game.

Good edits. :D The sheer vastness and open wilderness of the game made it phenomenal. My first Jedi kill is up in my top 3 favorite MMO moments ever for sure. Sneaking up on him while he was grinding on Dantooine. Silly Jedi. :p

Sure did.

TUX

Flurry

Warriors of Justice (WOJ) TUX?

Rohco Maxim (Bothan Medic) / Ocki (Artisan) of Flurry. I ran with WOJ years ago, they helped me to not suck at the game and showed me the wonders of open-world PVP. :D

I left the game and came back to Flurry on similar toons named Rohko and Ockai. Most of WOJ was gone already except for one or two guys (names escape me).

Edited by AngelFluttershy

SWG will always hold a special place in my heart. My first MMO, and the beginning of the sickness.

I was Turret on Starsider with TJA!

My top 5 favorite things in SWG:

1) Being hunted by a bounty hunter. Now THAT was excitement.

2) The people: The PvP community, the Mos Eisley cantina, and my guild.

3) Creature. Handler. Fighting side by side with my varactyl made me unexplainably happy.

4) My insanely wonderful mix of tantel and bone armor that I would kill to have in this game.

5) My X-Wing. Lord do I miss my X-Wing.

Now excuse me while I go look at all my screenshots.