Feasible gear progression?

With all the turmoil of the 1.4 update, I wanted to see if I've got the gear progression correct. I'd also like to know if people think the various operations can actually be completed in the gear available to new players going through this progression. For example, is it feasible for a group in all columi to get through HM EV/KP?

HM FP:

gear available - purple from dailies

gear rewarded - tionese/columi

HM EV/KP:

gear available - columi

gear rewarded - rakata

HM EC:

gear available - rakata

gear rewarded - campaign / black hole

With all the turmoil of the 1.4 update, I wanted to see if I've got the gear progression correct. I'd also like to know if people think the various operations can actually be completed in the gear available to new players going through this progression. For example, is it feasible for a group in all columi to get through HM EV/KP?

HM FP:

HM EV/KP:

gear available - columi

gear rewarded - rakata

HM EC:

gear available - rakata

It's sort of weird that you asked whether an all Columi group could get through HM EV/KP. The first groups to clear HM EV/KP back in December? They to have had full columi since the only way to get Rakata was HM EV/KP.

And before you say that maybe they cleared via the Rakata from the first couple bosses, the ones that competed to get the first HM clears pretty much just steamrolled the content. I find that the ease of getting Black Hole gear makes it harder to see if people are skilled since they can just overpower content.

P.S: You don't need full Rakata for NiM EV/KP, but it does makes it easier.

It's sort of weird that you asked whether an all Columi group could get through HM EV/KP. The first groups to clear HM EV/KP back in December? They to have had full columi since the only way to get Rakata was HM EV/KP.

Thanks for the info. I didn't start playing until around June this year, so I definitely don't know the history of how things were released and what was available at the time. I assume that those first few groups were pretty much at the top of the talent pool, so while it's "possible" that doesn't necessarily make it "feasible".

The group that I ran with last week was in pretty much all columi and we had a heck of a time getting through HM KP. We're a pretty competent group, but I don't think we'd classify as "elite". I understand that the content is supposed to be difficult, so I suppose it's just a matter of practice.

The main reason for my question is because I wanted to know if the slightly-above-average group should be able to get through this content with Columi (and respectively, get through HM EC with just rakata), or if we just need to grind out a few more BH pieces before we beat up against this HM again.

HM FP:

HM EV/KP:

gear available - columi

gear rewarded - rakata

HM EC:

gear available - rakata

You can easily complete Tier 1 HM flashpoints in corellia blue mods and crafted blue/purple 49 gear, same with story mode ev/kp.

HM EV/KP is completely doable in mixed tionese/columi/recruit mk-2 if your group knows their classes and has good reaction time. If you're going in with players that are new to endgame group content in general then you'll want to have full columi.

Story mode EC is now completely doable in full columi or the new recruit mk-2 as well, and SM TFB doesn't require more than a couple pieces of rakata. Again, this is assuming your players have a good idea of what they're doing and can execute.

Hard Mode EC still requires full rakata and good coordination/execution to complete, and on 8 man now requires even more group coordination than before for Kephess.

Hard Mode TFB requires fully optimized and augmented Campaign/Black Hole gear and very good group communication, coordination, and execution to even kill the first boss.

Well, to be honest this was the first mmo I've raided in, but I've played 10-15 hours a week since Dec. 26, 2011 so I went from newb to semi-elite by June.

Assuming you are where I was back in March, I'd suggest that you do HM EV with Black Hole Implants/Earpiece. Choose the one that favours your main class stat unless you're a tank, then choose endurance. In the case of Sorcs/Sage the 35 BH comm earpiece is TERRIBLY itemized. Don't buy that, instead try and get either a Columi Earpiece (check GTN - good price is 75k) or a Rakata one (but that's 120 Daily comms and you should be saving up for a Campaign Relic (200 daily comms).

If you PvP you can buy a War Hero Relic and use that in combination with a Campaign Relic. Currently, Best in Slot (BiS) is A) Campaign Relic + War Hero or B) x2 War Hero relics. It depends on your class, I'd suggest Best Guide to how to utterly own PvE content and play your class if you're trying to min-max your stats for success.

P.S: Campaign Relic of Imperiling Serenity is currently bugged, do NOT buy that one.

P.S.2: If you're on Jung Ma on the Imperial side I'm always willing to train new Sorc apprentices, classes are free of charge (though I cannot guarantee, and in fact doubt, your survival :hope_02:)

Edited by AshlaBoga
TYPO, another typo lol