[BUG] Cademimu HM 55 Broken shackles

Also had this bug. Tank was sitting there shackled, I've been trying to run over him and break them without succes. Only after getting shackled myself and breaking them with force camo I managed to break shackles on tank. During our second run same thing happened.

I was shackled when the boss died and combat ended, and I remained shackled. :)

The others tried to run through and break the shackles, but it didn't work as the fight was over.

I logged out and back in to fix it.

• Dev Post

I did some research into this and I wanted to pass on the details of exactly what is happening with this bug and its current workaround while we work on a fix.

When fighting General Ortoll, throughout the fight he will throw shackles on a player and all players in that immediate area. Typically, what needs to happen is that a player needs to run across a shackled player in order to break them free.

Here is what the bug is causing to happen. If you are the original target of the shackle, you can still be broken out normally without any issues but what is happening incorrectly is that if any additional players are hit by the shackle, they cannot be broken out by another player. However, any form of CC break ability that player has will still work.

The only current workarounds for the issue is to 1) make sure you are spread out so no additional players are shackled and 2) save your personal CC break should you get hit by it. Again, the bugged shackles should only be affecting any additional targets who were hit by it that were not the original target!

I will work on getting this on the known issues list. Thank you all for your reports I will get an update posted as soon as I know more, we are actively on fixing this issue.

-eric

Here is what the bug is causing to happen. If you are the original target of the shackle, you can still be broken out normally without any issues but what is happening incorrectly is that if any additional players are hit by the shackle, they cannot be broken out by another player. However, any form of CC break ability that player has will still work.

I'm not sure, but I think it's a litle bit different issue.

From my experience and this mention about primary/secondary targets, it seems like issue is schackless not appearing/working on secondary targets, and also being unbreakable by normal means. So only thing affecting secondary targets is fact that they can't break out others(but then they don't need breaking out themselves, because they are not affected by root).

There are 2 things I noticed in my attempts today that support this version. First, I'm almost certain we didn't get more than one snare in single hit at any time, and it was always melee that had trouble breaking out shackles on other melee. Secondly, as I've mentioned earlier, I couldn't break shackles on tank untill I got shackled myself, used root break and then ran to free him.

Sure, I could be wrong, but if not, it means workaround is a little bit different. - if you can't stay apart(3 melee), task person that can(healer) with always breaking out affected target.

Edited by Elear

I will work on getting this on the known issues list. Thank you all for your reports I will get an update posted as soon as I know more, we are actively on fixing this issue.
Maybe this has been answered somewhere before, but why would you have to work on getting this onto a know issues list? The way I see it: You know of it. List it. Why are you restricted from doing so? Edited by Octom

Maybe this has been answered somewhere before, but why would you have to work on getting this onto a know issues list? The way I see it: You know of it. List it. Why are you restricted from doing so?

My guess is, it's because Eric is the Community Manager, not a Development Manager, and there is probably some sort of protocol for adding things to that list.

The only current workarounds for the issue is to 1) make sure you are spread out so no additional players are shackled and 2) save your personal CC break should you get hit by it. Again, the bugged shackles should only be affecting any additional targets who were hit by it that were not the original target!

what about melee...? :confused:

Just a little frustrating to keep getting this FP, make it to the last boss and not be able to finish my daily....

The flashpoint is broken now and they are wasting our time. How exactly are we supposed to do a random lvl 55 fp when both this and the final fight on mandalorian raiders are now bugged? Just queue and hope we get athiss or hammer station and that the next patch doesn't break those ones as well? This is ridiculous and I am getting tired of patches randomly breaking things especially when they render instances unplayable.

I ask this in all seriousness, does bioware even bother to test these patches before they put them out? If so, how did your testers actually manage to miss this?

The flashpoint is broken now and they are wasting our time. How exactly are we supposed to do a random lvl 55 fp when both this and the final fight on mandalorian raiders are now bugged? Just queue and hope we get athiss or hammer station and that the next patch doesn't break those ones as well? This is ridiculous and I am getting tired of patches randomly breaking things especially when they render instances unplayable.

I ask this in all seriousness, does bioware even bother to test these patches before they put them out? If so, how did your testers actually manage to miss this?

I don't know what's wrong with Mando Raiders, but I just did Cademimu HM through GF and it wasn't a big deal.

-eric

I'd like to point out that the workaround doesn't work very well. The fight works best with the group against the wall. Spreading out led to the healer being knocked back into the fire and dying, causing a wipe.

Yeah after some work my last group made it through. If you're melee heavy...the healer just needs to be far enough away and then be ready/able to dash in to unlock everyone.

Perfectly doable with a competent group, I'd just had some unlucky times. best of luck to everyone!

plz go trollin' somewhere else^^

Which part of that is supposed to be a troll, exactly? It's not a big deal to position so that the healer never catches shackles alongside one of the DPS, which means you always have a free person to release others. The fight might not be working as intended but it's not exactly rocket science to get around.

If you're talking about the MR comment, I was being literal in that I don't know of any bugs introduced with the final boss from 2.0.1.

I'd like to point out that the workaround doesn't work very well. The fight works best with the group against the wall. Spreading out led to the healer being knocked back into the fire and dying, causing a wipe.

I disagree, it's best to have the tank in the corner with the boss, and rest stay nearer to center/sides of the quadrant you are in, somewhat spread to avoid multiple shackles, and far enough form boss to avoid knockback.

The knockback has area of effect where it happens, so just stay further away from boss and you won't get knocked back.

And because tank never gets shackled (i think), aslong as tank does not loose agro, tank can escape safely and free any shackled people on the way out.

The tank can easily end up shackled as well. Furthermore, the problem is not that multiple people end up shackled. The problem is that the people that get shackled by being adjacent to the target of the shackles can not be broken out of the shackles by the other group members. So yeah keep your healer back and have them run in and free everyone else is a workable strategy when the FP was actually not broken. However, currently the healer would only be able to free the actual target of the shackles and no one can free the other shackled group members leaving those members to die in flames if the shackles do not wear off or their stun breaker does not come off of cooldown before that portion of the room is lit on fire.

Yeah, it's really buggy. Tanked it yesterday with my Juggernaut. We wiped once and then did it in the 2nd try.

Fight can be chaotic already, this only adds up to it.

And how do you know who was the original target of the shackles if more than one gets it ? Am I missing some message ? I only see "<<player>> broke the shackles" (which is useless information at that point tbh ) but nothing else prior to that.

I disagree, it's best to have the tank in the corner with the boss, and rest stay nearer to center/sides of the quadrant you are in, somewhat spread to avoid multiple shackles, and far enough form boss to avoid knockback.

The knockback has area of effect where it happens, so just stay further away from boss and you won't get knocked back.

What ranged dps class do you play?

And how do you know who was the original target of the shackles if more than one gets it ? Am I missing some message ? I only see "<<player>> broke the shackles" (which is useless information at that point tbh ) but nothing else prior to that.

You'll know because the original person can be freed. The others cannot. There is nothing to show who the original is up front. not that I know of.