Annihilation Marauder Test Parse Crit%

So I wanted to know about the crit and decided to test on the dummy with different crit %. I am posting these parses because theres been a lot of demand of showing numbers.

Sentinel Forums Discussion = http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=635031

If u want to comment or reply, u can post in either Threads, i'll check them out regurlarely.

TARGET: Operation Training Dummy

During These Test I Had

- All 4 Buffs

- Fully STR Augmented

- Mostly 72 mods, a few 69's, and MH Hilt 63 (Don't ask why)

- Reusable Nano-Infuse Might Stim

- 4 Piece Bonus (4% more dmg on Berserk)

- Underworld Relic of Serendipitous Assault

The Fights are +/- 3:15 mins, during that lapse of time I only use

- 1x Frenzy

- 2x Dread Guard On Use Power Relic

- 1x Reusable Nano-Infused Attack Adrenal

(NO BLOODTHIRST WAS USED)

Google Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsqL-E-tur0gdDZObXlvVGVfMmVzeG0zNW1DTFhtRHc#gid=0

I did 10 Attempts per Crit % and Removed the Highest and Lowest of Each. I have it updated on Torparse for people who want it more in detail

http://www.torparse.com/a/209430

http://www.torparse.com/a/209457

I won't post all my attempts since u can view it on the spreadsheet, but heres a small Summary

Attempt #1 ((0 Crit Rating) 19.25% Crit)

0/3 Malice (Defensive Roll)

STR : 3043

Bonus Dmg : 1396.2

Accuracy : 109.31%

Crit Chance : ((0 Crit Rating) 19.25% Crit)

Crit Multiplier : 68.72%

Average DPS : 2269,26 DPS

Average Crit %: 28.63%

Attempt #2 ((0 Crit Rating) 23.25% Crit)

2/3 Malice

STR : 3043

Bonus Dmg : 1396.2

Crit Chance : ((0 Crit Rating) 23.25% Crit)

Average DPS : 2327,13 DPS

Average Crit %: 30.12%

Attempt #3 ((166 Crit Rating) 26.83% Crit)

2/3 Malice

STR : 3059

Bonus Dmg : 1358.2

Crit Chance : ((166 Crit Rating) 26.83% Crit)

Average DPS : 2289.71 DPS

Average Crit %: 33%

I posted this so people can come up with their own conclusion.

Enjoy

Edited by Aphrodisiak

What mods are you using? Deft As or the base Deft?

I'm using

5x Advanced Deft Mod 31

2x Advanced Deft Mod 30

2x Advanced Deft Mod 31A (Belt and Bracer)

3x Advanced Proficient Enhancement 31

1x Advanced Proficient Enhancement 30

1x Advanced Efficient Enhancement 31

1x Advanced Adept Enhancement 31

1x Advanced Initiative Enhancement 30

Edited by Aphrodisiak

How much Crit Rating did you have on the second series? It says 0 in the chart, but based on the crit %, it looks like you've got at least some, so I'm assuming that's a typo.

Also, this seems to agree with tests I've seen on the Sentinel forums over the past few weeks, where Watchman spec was doing the best with ~24% crit chance.

EDIT: I see you've posted this on the Sentinel forum as well.

Edited by Delta_V

How much Crit Rating did you have on the second series? It says 0 in the chart, but based on the crit %, it looks like you've got at least some, so I'm assuming that's a typo.

Also, this seems to agree with tests I've seen on the Sentinel forums over the past few weeks, where Watchman spec was doing the best with ~24% crit chance.

EDIT: I see you've posted this on the Sentinel forum as well.

Second Test I had no Crit Rating, I just added 2/3 in Malice for the Second Test. I dunno if its the same for repub but Malice is the 2% Force crit per skill point. For the first Test I had 0/3 in Malice but 2 points in Defensive Roll (30% AE Dmg Reduction)

Edited by Aphrodisiak

I do appreciate the work you have done. However, I don't see the point. Pre-2.0, Annihilation/Watchmen did NOT stack ANY crit due to their forced crits and crit from talents. It kind of makes this test pointless considering crit is worse off now.

Combat/Carnage was a tad different. There is only one forced crit within the rotation that does not make up the majority of it, multiple attacks with no down time (casts). They could benefit from a small amount of crit. I would be interested in a test with that.

I do appreciate the work you have done. However, I don't see the point. Pre-2.0, Annihilation/Watchmen did NOT stack ANY crit due to their forced crits and crit from talents. It kind of makes this test pointless considering crit is worse off now.

Combat/Carnage was a tad different. There is only one forced crit within the rotation that does not make up the majority of it, multiple attacks with no down time (casts). They could benefit from a small amount of crit. I would be interested in a test with that.

Maybe its pointless for you, but i'm sure theres people out there wondering about this, so i did this for those people and for my curiosity as well. Like I said, you all free to come up with ur own conclusions.

Edit: I've been playing Annihilation since I started doing EV or KP SM in the games beginning, so ya, I probly never will parse with Carnage/Combat.

Edited by Aphrodisiak

Did you try parsing with 3/3 in malice or isnt that worth it?

If I go 3/3 in Malice, I can only go 2/3 in Dual Wield Mastery. I want 3/3 Dual Wield Mastery for more dmg with OH

Now if the Damage Overtime with 3/3 Malice outweights Dual Wield Mastery, then MAYBE, and its a big MAYBE, its worth it. But I haven't done any test with it.

I guess i'll give it a shot see how that works out.

Edited by Aphrodisiak

If I go 3/3 in Malice, I can only go 2/3 in Dual Wield Mastery, and for MY OH Damage, I want 3/3 Dual Wield Mastery.

Now if the Damage Overtime with 3/3 Malice outweights Dual Wield Mastery, then MAYBE, and its a big MAYBE, its worth it. But I haven't done any test with it.

Malice is the better talent, this was mathed out back as far as pre release. Offhand damage contribution in this game is abysmal.

Malice is the better talent, this was mathed out back as far as pre release. Offhand damage contribution in this game is abysmal.

Well Pre 2.0 you could get DW Mastery and Malice 3/3 so that wasn't an issue. Do you have any link to parse or whatever about that? Or a Link to a thread on these forums?

Edited by Aphrodisiak

You'd have to head over MMOmechanics and look through the archive of the old annihilation threads to find what I am refering to. It may have been rediscussed in the pts phase of 2.0 as well.

Sounds like another wonderful opportunity for our favourite Marauder parser, Aphrodisiak! :)

Right now i'm 3/3 Malice and 2/3 DWM, so it would be interesting to see if there's a statistical difference between the two options.

Yeh, if the math behind the OH dmg contribution vs the gain from 3/3 malice is correct, I expect it would be 3/3 malice that would be superior, which was why i asked :) All the formulas on this is available on the swtor forums on mmo-mechanics as mentioned.

Sounds like another wonderful opportunity for our favourite Marauder parser, Aphrodisiak! :)

Right now i'm 3/3 Malice and 2/3 DWM, so it would be interesting to see if there's a statistical difference between the two options.

Haha. I started parsing last night with 2/3 DWM and 3/3 Malice. And I will finish after work later. I'll post my results later tonight.

Full buffed, with a might stim, no adrenals, I can pull 2300. I only have 3 pieces of 72, no off-hand. 69 hilt though.

Also, I have about 19% crit before buffs. My best parse with Adrenals, and I don't have set bonuses yet. Was a 2384. Yes some crit is good. However, still, I am almost full power augmented, with only 2 crit augments, because Crit from main stat is garbage and DR's hard.

I've seen some great combat parses, but watchman still ballin' imo.

Maybe its pointless for you, but i'm sure theres people out there wondering about this, so i did this for those people and for my curiosity as well. Like I said, you all free to come up with ur own conclusions.

Edit: I've been playing Annihilation since I started doing EV or KP SM in the games beginning, so ya, I probly never will parse with Carnage/Combat.

It is pointless for you and everyone else. With the realese of 2.0 we KNOW that power is better per point then crit (except for certain classes where 100 pts of crit is better FIRST, then into power. But that is another theory crafting topic.). Before 2.0, if you were a Sent/Marauder you did NOT stack crit. At all, zero, sip, ziltch.

So please explain to me why Pre-2.0 we stack power and not crit --> Post-2.0 crit has less value then it did Pre-2.0 --> Run Tests Post-2.0 to determine usefulness of crit?

I mean, would you test crit builds for Focus/Rage? Ya know, the build that has a forced crit built in and crit % within the tree?

I think your efforts to test would be better suited to Combat/Carnage. It can still utilize crit rating.....maybe. Where as the other specs still do not no matter what. You should give that spec a chance. Especially if you have never played it before.

Edited by Grimsblood

It is pointless for you and everyone else. With the realese of 2.0 we KNOW that power is better per point then crit (except for certain classes where 100 pts of crit is better FIRST, then into power. But that is another theory crafting topic.). Before 2.0, if you were a Sent/Marauder you did NOT stack crit. At all, zero, sip, ziltch.

So please explain to me why Pre-2.0 we stack power and not crit --> Post-2.0 crit has less value then it did Pre-2.0 --> Run Tests Post-2.0 to determine usefulness of crit?

I mean, would you test crit builds for Focus/Rage? Ya know, the build that has a forced crit built in and crit % within the tree?

I think your efforts to test would be better suited to Combat/Carnage. It can still utilize crit rating.....maybe. Where as the other specs still do not no matter what. You should give that spec a chance. Especially if you have never played it before.

Except that pre-2.0 the first ~100 points of Crit rating had such fabulous returns that it was silly not to take at least a little bit. So your statement that pre-2.0 Maras/Sents didn't touch Crit (except in PVP, which is a different animal) is flat-out wrong.

No Mara/Sent spec relied heavily on large amounts of Crit rating, but to say that we didn't use any is just nutso.

The OP's goal here was entirely valid... pre-2.0 any PVE build benefitted from a bit of Crit. In fact, either Carnage or Annihilation were both in the same boat, more or less... between 100-300 was optimal, with a difference smaller than the margin of error between any two values within that range. Now, there is significant mathcraft to dissuade people from using it, and a smallish-sample empirical test which validates the math.

First off I never disagreed with u regarding the crit pre 2.0. And I did these test so the community that doesn't take time to parse or wants number in their face to come up with their own conclusion after seing these numbers.

Now that u made your point of view about crit known, and how useless my test are, if u don't have anything constructive to say then don't reply in this thread.

Second, I do know how to play Carnage I did try it often and I personnaly didn't like it. When I PVP I do use carnage since 2.0

Edited by Aphrodisiak

To add to what the previous posters said (that pre 2.0 a bit of crit was not a bad idea) there is also the fact that Annihilation Marauders now got this new nifty little talent that generates a point of rage every time we critically hit a bleeding target.

Therefore while the contribution of crit to the average damage per hit likely has gone down this may make up for it to some extent. Or not. Which a test could tell.

Also, why is everyone treating Malice as a straight 2% crit per point, when in fact it only affects force attacks, i..e the bleeds?

Edited by Jurugu

To the OP: My guild's Anni Marauder is running quite a lot (definitely more than 166) of Crit Rating in his gear... and he does very good DPS. They're not advocates of 0 crit builds :o

http://www.torparse.com/a/206048/30

http://www.torparse.com/a/206048/26

2131 DPS in TFB last boss without Void Disturbance

Kephess sits at a 4700 DPS

These are in 16-m HM TFB

p.s. i do not have an anni marauder.

we haven't been doing 8-man (2 weeks already) but will split our 16 to try it out tomorrow (and update 8-man HM torparse ;)

Edited by paowee

To the OP: My guild's Anni Marauder is running quite a lot (definitely more than 166) of Crit Rating in his gear... and he does very good DPS. They're not advocates of 0 crit builds :o

http://www.torparse.com/a/206048/30

http://www.torparse.com/a/206048/26

2131 DPS in TFB last boss without Void Disturbance

Kephess sits at an impressive 4700 DPS

These are in 16-m HM TFB

p.s. i do not have an anni marauder.

we haven't been doing 8-man (2 weeks already) but will split our 16 to try it out tomorrow (and update 8-man HM torparse ;)

You should have him post his stats... because those numbers are ridiculously good.