Terror from Beyond Loot Table (Story-mode)

Not being able to do the new Ops on the PTS myself, I've been searching around trying to find out if anybody has listed the loot table for TFB SM or HM.

After researching it from watching videos from PTS, here is a rough Loot table for 8-man SM Terror from Beyond:

(updated 9/21/12)

Boss 1 (Withering Horror): Rakata Boots, Rakata Bracer

Boss 2 (Dread Guard): Rakata Belt, Rakata Gloves

Boss 3 (Operator IX Puzzle): Rakata Head, Rakata Pants

Boss 4 (Kephess the Undying): Rakata Offhand, Possible BH item (implant, ear)

Boss 5 (Terror from Beyond): Rakata Chest, Rakata Mainhand, Possible BH item (implant, ear)

Apparently there must be chests or comms from the quest because i didn't see any boss drop BH comms.

Again, i'm basing this information solely from videos I've watched of other groups, so If anyone can shed some light on this with more updated information, particularly concerning 8-man (or 16) Hard-Mode loot table, that would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by goldhtown

Err still same old Rakata items we've been wearing since launch..?

Well, dont forget this is the loot for story-mode, which is considerably easier than hard-mode. Thus why the gear drops are only Rakata in story. In HM is where the new 63 grade Dread Guard gear drops. Im just not certain which bosses drop which items.

Well, dont forget this is the loot for story-mode, which is considerably easier than hard-mode. Thus why the gear drops are only Rakata in story. In HM is where the new 63 grade Dread Guard gear drops. Im just not certain which bosses drop which items.

Yes of course, but it is still just boring to have every ops in the game dropping the same loot. Some variation would be more interesting. Loot still is one of the main aspects of this kind of game and it is always much more fun to see some new and fresh items, even if they're not better, than same old pieces.

i suppose if Story TFB would drop 61 level gear, it would need to have the same difficulty as Hard Mode Denova, which not what bioware want. So it's kind of logical to have it drop rakata level gear if the difficulty is comarable to Story Denova.

That being say, it's a shame bioware did not introduce side grade gear. Gear level 58, but with different look (even it it's a recolor of the rakata) and different stats distribution.

The new operation will drop black hole comm i suppose; is there any new gear on the black hole gear vendor?

Yes of course, but it is still just boring to have every ops in the game dropping the same loot. Some variation would be more interesting. Loot still is one of the main aspects of this kind of game and it is always much more fun to see some new and fresh items, even if they're not better, than same old pieces.

Thats what Hardmode is for.

The last boss drops some campaign on normal, theres your loot variation

Thats what Hardmode is for.

The last boss drops some campaign on normal, theres your loot variation

Apparently I missed somehow that the last two bosses drop a random BH secondary item (i.e. implant, earpiece, etc.), so I went ahead and updated the post accordingly. However, I haven't seen any indication or video showing that campaign pieces drops off of Story-mode TFB. Where are you basing this information from?

i suppose if Story TFB would drop 61 level gear, it would need to have the same difficulty as Hard Mode Denova, which not what bioware want. So it's kind of logical to have it drop rakata level gear if the difficulty is comarable to Story Denova.

That being say, it's a shame bioware did not introduce side grade gear. Gear level 58, but with different look (even it it's a recolor of the rakata) and different stats distribution.

The new operation will drop black hole comm i suppose; is there any new gear on the black hole gear vendor?

Even just a set of gear with a unique look would be fine. Schems...a bunch of vehicles...a ton of crafting mats...anything but rakata, tionese of columi. Way too many things drop rakata now. Particularly considering how bad the optimization is (for some acs, worse than columi for hps and dps).

Personally, I'd prefer that it drop individual 63 mods and enhancements (2 random per boss), considering how mind-bogglingly terrible the itemization in the dread guard set is and how irritatingly long it would take to correct it with redundant drops (marauders need, like, 8 belts each). That way, at least there's a quicker method to correct what they've done wrong with the base gear. But I know people would complain.

I think the motivation for BW to give out Rakata lies elsewhere. I don't personally mind the looks, it's way down o my priority list, but I understand the concern. BioWare could just roll-back Rakata armorings (still intact in correct piece for an example) to have the set bonus. Now that we've gotten past that: Nevermind the looks. Sole motivation to get have so many operations drop Rakata is to make it easier for people to gear new players in guilds. Instead of it taking weeks, you can now get almost endless supply of Rakata gear, optimize the set and fill up with BH modifications. Like this, you can quickly make more efficient set than that of fresh campaign set would be. I think it's just good that the operation rewards Rakata on easier mode. Like that the difficulty level doesn't outscale people who are not "there yet"and they can get some upgrades and start grinding ec hm. After that, it's TFB HM naturally. All in all, good solution outside the fact that the set bonus doesn't move with Rakata armorings.

EDIT: BW, if you want to be casual friendly, make Rakata rmorings carry the setbonus. Honestly, it seems that would make a lot of people happy.

Edited by Ruskaeth

Still, Rakata being given out by 5 different ops (EC SM, KP and EV HM and NM) is a bit much. At least have it drop individual 61 mods or something. Even just 61 level crafting schems. Rakata dropping from that many ops is stupid.

Look at it another way. Once you have full rakata what do you do? progress into HM's.

Its to encourage gear progression and to get you to be motivated enough to step into HM's.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it stupid.

Look at it another way. Once you have full rakata what do you do? progress into HM's.

Its to encourage gear progression and to get you to be motivated enough to step into HM's.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it stupid.

Player hits 50. Does some HMs and sm ops to gear up. Gets to columi doing those.

Then, once geared enough, moves to the hard mode ops, then to SM EC. If the whole guild's gearing at the same time, by the time they're comfy with SM EC, the player in question will not only be in full rakata, but will have multiple black hole pieces to complement that. If the whole guild's not gearing at the same time, well, the player in question will get all drops for his class, meaning, very likely the same thing.

Leaving TfB dropping nothing of value for anyone.

Understanding something that doesn't make sense doesn't make you smart.

Or you can skip TFB SM and go straight into HM ..... cause you already have a heap of BH gear.

You've forgotten something handy about TFB SM, theres a bucket load of BH comms to upgrade rakata to campaign level (not actual campaign but to its gear lvl)

Its also more access to armourings mods and enhancements you might need to optimise your gear aswell.

Edited by Karasuko

Why would it be so horrible if the story mode dropped something interesting and maybe even fun? It doesn't have to be anything better than Rakata but something that makes it fun to see what the boss dropped. Something that makes it worth to run even for some HM runners.

Even purely cosmetic things would work, like empty orange shells of some gear with nice models that we don't have as oranges yet, but the models already excists.

Not everything is about just stats. I'm sure there are lots of people out there who would be more interested in some kind of cosmetic / variation system. Rakata is everywhere already. And it shouldn't even piss off HM runners.

Why would it be so horrible if the story mode dropped something interesting and maybe even fun? It doesn't have to be anything better than Rakata but something that makes it fun to see what the boss dropped. Something that makes it worth to run even for some HM runners.

Even purely cosmetic things would work, like empty orange shells of some gear with nice models that we don't have as oranges yet, but the models already excists.

Not everything is about just stats. I'm sure there are lots of people out there who would be more interested in some kind of cosmetic / variation system. Rakata is everywhere already. And it shouldn't even piss off HM runners.

Yep. At least someone's not pretending to understand a drop-list that lacks reasoning. There are sets that are in the game files, but not obtainable in-game. So even if SM TfB dropped, say, Shadow Striker's robe with 58 mods in it as one of the drops, that would be oceans better than stock Rakata.