Tanks VS Healer, who is in a greater need?

hunterraaze

Regardless of faction,

People are always in need of tanks and healers who understand mechanics, gear optimization, and are aware of the present situation in any fights/ops.

I suppose this is also true for DPS.

There is always room for any class.

Competent tanks are definitely more in need. Tanks are pretty much an instant pop on the group finder queue while healers have a small wait, so that would lead me to believe more tanks are needed.

I have both a tank and a healer (republic) and the queue pops vary from day to day. There are days when I queue on my tank and it takes ten minutes or more for the GF to pop. After I run a HM FP on my tank I swap to my healer and it insta-pops. And it seems to be a near 50/50 split.

when i first started getting serious about raiding (in wow), i made a healer (priest) because it felt like a good healer made a huge difference. this was back in Vanilla raiding MC, swapped from a rogue to a priest.

healer does make a big difference, but then i realized that a better tank made an even bigger difference. a tank that can communicate cooldowns, anticipate damage, avoid damage, and more importantly, keep track of what your healers' cooldowns / resources are, is much more valuable, so i ended up tanking as a warrior later on.

ultimately, it really doesn't matter if you're a healer or a tank, GOOD PLAYERS are always in demand.

Need seems to have evened out a bit for us with alot of alt tanks coming up.

But yeh some tanks arent quite up to snuff yet but are working on it.

Seems like they come up faster than a healer though.

Most top healers seem to have it together by now (or gave up. lol)

Id think a good healer or tank is always in demand

But im just a small sampling of the population.

Plus my main is MDPS so nobody loves me. ;)

But I still will be giving TFB Hm a beat down tonight. :rak_03:

..stupid anal rectifiers...

...dlelete this ******..

...anomaly what anomaly...

Edited by DelphinHunter

GOOD PLAYERS are always in demand.

This, more than anything, this. If you're good at what you do you'll find a home regardless of your role.

Take me for example. I'm a decent tank and an exceptional healer (multiple top 200 world rankings including a #7 overall when i still played WoW), yet my Ops main is a Marauder. I wanted to do something different in SWTOR, so I put in the time to learn gearing and rotations for all 3 specs, strengths and weaknesses, etc. End result is I've got a secure spot on an Ops team in the least desired role, and my guild does not want me to switch.