Dual blaster pistols for your commando anyone?

KillaDeuce

I think this would be an amazing idea.

Limiting BHs to pistols only is against canon as is limiting force lightning to Sith.

I'm not so sure about using mirror class animations although obviously some weapon specific animations would have to be shared, but being able to use weapons of the mirror class should be something that can be implemented with a minimum of effort.

I would go a step further and also add light side/darkside restrictions to shared mirror class abilities along with legacy level restrictions. I.E. having a LS consular spamming forcestorm would kinda be ridiculous.

Racial unlocks already force us to level up 50s on both Imp and Pub if we want to use the faction restricted races on the other side. This would simply give us more incentive to level characters and reward those of us who have reached Legacy cap. This would be a nice perk restricted only to those of us who have been playing a long time and have put weeks of our lives into the game.

Rewarding loyal supporters is good business practice but unfortunately it's something that BW doesn't seem to know how to do (all we get for the 1 yr anniversary is fireworks? ugh).

Edited by kustrin

I'm not sure what the point would be of wielding dual blaster pistols for a commando (or Vanguard, for that matter), given that so many Trooper abilities require a blaster rifle or assault cannon. I think reworking the abilities and skill trees to account for this would be a far larger headache than just adding a few animations....

OTOH, I do think it's odd that in so many of the conversation cinematics, the Trooper character is waving a blaster pistol in someone's face, yet when you're actually playing the game, you can't equip even one of them, never mind two.

As for "racial" unlocks, you no longer need a level 50 for them, just 600 cartel coins. Far easier than leveling a character to 50 on one side just so you can start one of that species on the other side.

Reason i said no, it would require a rework of most of the class abilities. I mean for the commando, need the assault cannon to do most of them like grav round, or charged bolts.

Use anything else, most abilities don't work.

Reason why i don't think it's a good idea. Novel and inventive, but with game mechanics, just unworkable.

Reason i said no, it would require a rework of most of the class abilities. I mean for the commando, need the assault cannon to do most of them like grav round, or charged bolts.

Use anything else, most abilities don't work.

Reason why i don't think it's a good idea. Novel and inventive, but with game mechanics, just unworkable.

In the proposed idea, if you swapped to the mirror side, the abilities would all require dual pistols where they had previously required assault cannon.

I think it's a great idea.

It would require minimal (if any) balancing to make work correctly.