5 Hour Slicing Results

WakeZero

Edit: I've gone ahead and cancelled my subscription, stating my unhappiness with the slicing nerf. Companies only care about money, so they will only care if I stop giving it to them. You should do the same if you are unhappy with the nerf. If they want to keep touting their 1-2 million player base, they better start treating their players better before everyone's month of free game time is over.

Edit 2: I cancelled my sub because if I don't like their product or what they do with it, as a consumer I'm putting my money where my mouth is. That's when consumers are heard. Welcome to the free market. And if in the 22 days I have left of my initial game time they make a statement and some sort of correction to slicing, I may resubscribe. The point is, it's my decision what I do with my money. If BioWare wants it, then I hope they start treating their customers with more respect. Not responding to even one of these threads is insulting.

I'm level 400 slicing, and I've been sending out 3 companions for the past 5 hours on slicing missions, hand selecting the best rate of return missions I've found for lockboxes.

I've made a total of 10,000 credits from the endeavor.

What's the point? I can turn in two quests for that kind of return, or grind mobs and sell 10 minutes worth of grey items to get the same amount. I'm not bashing here, just posting cold hard facts from personal work and experience.

My conclusion is that Slicing was nerfed too much, regardless of whether you think it should have been nerfed at all. Worst of all, I was told to choose slicing if I don't want to craft items. Guess I'm forced to craft now. I'll be switching to a new profession soon, because slicing isn't doing anything for me.

Edited by WakeZero

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From those 10k credits (and strange because at this time i get way more with slicing in 5hours)

U can buy the mats other people have to farm in 5 hours so u can craft your stuff, slicing is gathering remember. You also can craft while having slicing, slicing is ment as a gathering skill.

It's better than losing 50k credits, which is what almost every other crew crafting skill results in after 3 hours of work at level 400.

Oh, I didnt know you craft for 3 hours then throw them away. So you craft, then left click on the item, drag it outside the inventory box, then click left again? Interesting profession.

I have cybertech on my main and synthweaving on my alt. I do "lose" money, but my characters use the items. Go figure...

It's better than losing 50k credits, which is what almost every other crew crafting skill results in after 3 hours of work at level 400.

Well, I've been leveling Biochem with simply sending out my companions on Bioanalysis missions. I haven't lost any money doing so, I've broke even... the difference is, I've had access to reusable med packs and stims since I was able to craft them.

So although I'm doing better then slightly breaking even with Slicing, the catch is you get nothing for it like the other professions. It's now useless, ESPECIALLY if you take it because you don't want to craft like it was touted for.

Well, I've been leveling Biochem with simply sending out my companions on Bioanalysis missions. I haven't lost any money doing so, I've broke even... the difference is, I've had access to reusable med packs and stims since I was able to craft them.

So although I'm doing better then slightly breaking even with Slicing, the catch is you get nothing for it like the other professions. It's now useless, ESPECIALLY if you take it because you don't want to craft like it was touted for.

BTW, can you lvel Biochem without diplomacy? is it possible?

I've gone ahead and cancelled my subscription, stating my unhappiness with the slicing nerf. Companies only care about money, so they will only care if I stop giving it to them. You should do the same if you are unhappy with the nerf. If they want to keep touting their 1-2 million player base, they better start treating their players better before everyone's month of free game time is over.

I've gone ahead and cancelled my subscription, stating my unhappiness with the slicing nerf. Companies only care about money, so they will only care if I stop giving it to them. You should do the same if you are unhappy with the nerf. If they want to keep touting their 1-2 million player base, they better start treating their players better before everyone's month of free game time is over.

***? you cancel your sub because u cannot make out of proportion loads of money any more with slincing and then u say companies only care about money?

aren't u the same then? or even worse as this is a ingame

HAHAHAHAHHA You cancelled because of the nerf of an OP crew skill, yea it needs a slight buff at the moment but I still find that hysterical.

***? you cancel your sub because u cannot make out of proportion loads of money any more with slincing and then u say companies only care about money?

aren't u the same then? or even worse as this is a ingame

You missed the point entirely.

They made a rash decision in response to a public relations mess with players complaining about a skill a week after release. These players weren't even 50 yet, the economy was nowhere near stable, but the first thing they did was nerf it.

Then, you have threads with 200k+ views, but not one response to the issue. Not one. They even did an AMA on Reddit, where the question was asked REPEATEDLY, and still it was ignored.

I dislike being treated like that. What exactly do you think will happen everytime a group of people start complaining? Oh no, snipers are doing too much damage in bg's *nerf*. UWT is making too much money *nerf*. Instead of actually FIXING issues, the response will be to knee-jerk react and nerf it.

Until I see that changed, I cancelled also. I will re-sub once their reactions have been addressed.

The nerf itself is not the issue. How they are handling the situation is the issue.

Edited by Pansophist

You missed the point entirely.

They made a rash decision in response to a public relations mess with players complaining about a skill a week after release. These players weren't even 50 yet, the economy was nowhere near stable, but the first thing they did was nerf it.

Then, you have threads with 200k+ views, but not one response to the issue. Not one. They even did an AMA on Reddit, where the question was asked REPEATEDLY, and still it was ignored.

I dislike being treated like that.

This.

Dude, you're wacked to think it didn't need a nerf. I was making 100k credits an hour LOL...Glad I made my 4 million credits while it was OP...

I am not saying whether it needed a nerf or not. I am just stating that it was over nerfed, and that it was done poorly.

HAHAHAHAHHA You cancelled because of the nerf of an OP crew skill, yea it needs a slight buff at the moment but I still find that hysterical.

Its probably not the nerf but how it was done. It was known since beta what slicing did, hitting a skill that hard after such a short time does not bode well for any kind of balancing that is always required in an MMO.

Not even seeing a single line from a BW representive after several thousand posts scattered in several topics is the thing that upsets me the most in that regard though. Like "We are currently montitoring the numbers of slicing and finetuning them, thanks for the feedback" (the spreadsheets a lot of people did, kudos to them!).

Yes, that would be an empty line but it would be SOMETHING of a feedback atleast.

Not just closing threads because they are full :D

*edit* pansophist typed the same thing I did, guess he's a faster typer ;)

Edited by Twor

Slicing was way to OP and would have ruined the game, they nerfed it. What is wrongly handled about that?

I bet you guys are just pissed you can't exploit it anymore, spended all your overpowered credits before nerf hoping it would still be exploitable as it was because if u didnt, u still would be freakin rich and would not mind they fixed the exploit before it ruined the game

Edited by RadjezZ

While I lolwut at the OP for rage quitting over a single nerf, the respondents need to compare apples with apples.

Slicing is a gathering skill, to compare the leveling costs to a crafting skill such as biochem is just ignorant. A gathering skill is not supposed to accrue the leveling costs at the same rate a gathering skill should.

There's no way in hell you made 100k an hour unless you had 8 characters running misisons with 3 companions 24/7.

People like to exaggerate. Something about an internet e-peen? Compensation? Who am I to know. :)

10k in 5 hours is not worth the effort of clicking the buttons.

Just wait until their 50k repair bills start adding up :)

They are largely still sub-level 30. We'll see.

Edited by Pansophist