Choosing MVP vote

Jannesthekille

Well as I told, I've been out for about 4 months or more. So I've only got like 4 war hero pieces atm?

I'm trying to gear up asap! :D

Sha'Yan

Yet you start a thread wondering why you dont get mvp votes

I wonder how many thread starters are like this.

Yet you start a thread wondering why you dont get mvp votes

I wonder how many thread starters are like this.

Why shouldn't I wonder why I don't get MVP's? I literally always have the top protection of the team, I communicate a lot with my team, capture objectives... and most of the time not a single MVP

Edited by Jannesthekille

People usually vote for guildies and friends over stat leaders it seems so kind of a moot point anyway. But if I'm in a random pug I usually look at protection, heals, objective points, and then dps in that order when voting. I figure dps gets enough votes and in games like huttball it usually means they weren't actually helping that much anyway. But usually look for high numbers in the above order and if I'm not impressed with the top one I go to the next category. If you are getting protection numbers closer to or over 100k I'll give you my vote every time because there isn't enough of that in game.

Only time I got MVP is a WZ that I recall was on my sage healer, used force speed to get the quick cap on the first node, then stayed there and guarded it all match solo. Noone ever came to try to cap it all match, and the rest of the team failed to cap another node all match so we lost. I got bored part way through and started using noble sacrifice to drop my health then I'd heal myself back up to get the free heals medals.

Got 6 MVP votes even though I did almost nothing to help us win. Heck I probably hurt the team by not being in the fray healing everyone else.

Moral of the story, most people don't pay any attention and you ever getting MVP is going to be more due to luck or random chance than your actual contribution to the fight.

Why shouldn't I wonder why I don't get MVP's? I literally always have the top protection of the team, I communicate a lot with my team, capture objectives... and most of the time not a single MVP

literally guys. he literally always has the best protection. like, literally all the time. literally, every single warzone he is in

I don't know what you're talking about. I get MVP votes all the time, especially in pugs. As a deception assassin, I rarely ever beat lolsmashers in dps, rarely ever top tank protection, and never have top heals. I do however, ninja cap nodes solo and immediately call for back up to hold it, call out points of interest in games, and kill opposing healers first and foremost. People recognize these things, and often times they're what wins you pug matches. If you're not getting MVP votes, you should think about changing up your tactics. As for my vote? It usually goes to the healers name who pop up in green around my character the most in a match. When I run premades, it goes to a guildie. Nothing personal to the other participants.