The Best Star ship

NeutralHunter

IA is by far my favorite, sleek and elegant.

Sith is probably my second favorite cool looking, functional, and i never get lost.

I haven't actually had a trooper, but the ship looks cool and relatively functional.

Jedi probably fourth, it's not bad looking, but I don't find it that functional, not to mention it took me about a month before I found T-7 hiding in the basement. (Don't judge me, it was early in my gaming experience)

Bounty hunter is bulky and functional, I don't have to worry about getting lost but I'm not crazy about it.

Smuggler is my least favorite ship. I'm always as far away from wherever i need to be as possible and i have to run all the way around.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now I've played all the classes seen all the starships. I have to say the IA's have by far the best starship of all the classes. It would of been a great SI or JC starship.

i share the feeling, by far the best ship out there! i hope they include ship customization in the near future so i can make my SW ship look more alike the IA one.. JK and Trooper ships also look decent...

Edited by YeIIow

The only ship I haven't seen yet is the Bounty Hunter's. I've seen JK/JC, Trooper, Smuggler, IA and SW/SI. I like the Fury best so far (SW/SI). The Agent's ship, the Phantom I think it's called, comes in second.

As for my least favorites, I don't like the outward appearance of the Trooper's ship, but the inside is okay, and I don't like the inside of the Smuggler's, but the outside is cool. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

if judging by the outside the Agent's ship followed by the sith ship, then the smuggler ship, then the trooper ship and lastly the Jedi ship.

If judging by the interior as well, the Sith Ship, then the Agents' ship, the Smuggler ship, the Jedi ship, and Finally the Trooper ship.

If Judging by how they fare in combat, because I have noticed a difference, the Sith Ship then the Agent's/Trooper's ship, the smuggler's ship, and finally the Jedi ship.

I haven't done the Bounty Hunter yet, so can't really judge it.

I just love the Imperial Agent ship. Looks a bit like a Naboo Ship. Sly and smooth and fast... I just love it.

Personally I would have preferred if the interiour was a bit larger - with enough room for all the people to actually live there for a couple of days whenever they have to. In many cases for soemthing that has to be compact I find the interior design excessively wastefu, especially the Jedi ship. A giant central room that spreads over several decks and no other purpose than reaching other rooms seems unreasonable on such a ship.

The designers who created it should be condemned to watch "Das Boot" three times in full length. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Boot

There is no ship that admire as much as the design of the Normandys from Mass Effect. Of course the ships are much smaller and tied to the Star Wars theme so it's not a fair comparison.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Well i've answered before but i'll answer again.

My fav, Smuggler hands down. Just that kind of guy. Second by the IA ship and then the Fury. Interesting looking ships. The jedi ship is ok, but lack of sleeping quarters has me scratching my head.

Ugliest and worst IMO is the BH ship. Thing is just god awful and hideous. Tried to make an Old republic Slave 1 and failed miserably.

Next on horribleness is the trooper ship. the outside is just plain stupid. A B-wing fighter turned on it's side. The inside is functional and the only reason it is slightly better than the BH ship.

Although I do give props to the look and interior of the IA ship, my heart is sold with the Sith Fury (Interceptor). It's not too big, and not too small. It's also a type of model that looks like it could be a terror during a space battle, which it is. However, as a Light Sith, I would prefer to (one day) be able to adjust the lighting of the rooms. Everythings all ... red.. and stuff.

if judging by the outside the Agent's ship followed by the sith ship, then the smuggler ship, then the trooper ship and lastly the Jedi ship.

If judging by the interior as well, the Sith Ship, then the Agents' ship, the Smuggler ship, the Jedi ship, and Finally the Trooper ship.

If Judging by how they fare in combat, because I have noticed a difference, the Sith Ship then the Agent's/Trooper's ship, the smuggler's ship, and finally the Jedi ship.

I haven't done the Bounty Hunter yet, so can't really judge it.

Just got Bounty Hunter ship, worst exterior and joint worst interior, but the handling in space missions is equal to the Sith ship.

Not too many of you have a clue about Star Wars ship design/modelling. Especially ANYONE that picks the crappy rip-off IA ship - it's an insult to Star Wars space ship design.

The IA ship is almost a re-skinned blackbird, it shows no thought or process other than some crappy design team that are short on ideas. It shouldn't be in the game full stop.

The Fury again is almost a direct rip off of the TIE Interceptor - I can re-create these ships in 3 steps to their orignal shapes. Another cheap and shoddy decision from the loldesign team. - and if you want proof of a 3 step process - for the Fury flip out the wings, blow-up the koch-pit and viola.

The only ship design wise I have time for is the Mantis - [terrible interior] It shows at least some proper degression from the Firespray class. Although all of the ships are out of time as far as over-all design goes.

Ships in the Old Republic era should have been more like this - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crescent-X9

http://i19.tinypic.com/6bmjksl.jpg

Edited by Caspian_Rho

Not too many of you have a clue about Star Wars ship design/modelling. Especially ANYONE that picks the crappy rip-off IA ship - it's an insult to Star Wars space ship design.

You forgot these

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/Polenicus/img-thing.jpg

I haven't played most of the classes long enough to get to the ship yet, though I'm pretty familiar with the Bounty Hunter ship due to my friend playing BH alongside my SI as we leveled. I do love the Fury just for how dangerous it looks in combat. The BT-17... I give it points for being asymmetrical and a unique design, but... it was always a frustrating ship to get around in, and looked just silly doing barrel rolls in combat.

I'll have to see how I feel about the others as I get them.

I Would say the favorite has to be the Smuggler ship just gives you that star wars feel of being Han Solo, then IA ship (sleek and clean) just a awesome ship. Then i have to say Trooper ship i love the gunship feel, the sort of clone trooper gunship heavy duty landing craft thing, at least that's what i thought. Then i would say the jedi and sith are tied for me both offer their own unique perspectives the jedi just reminds me of episode 1, a peaceful, diplomatic ship. Whereas the sith ship is a dominate, destroyer. Each fit there roles perfectly. The bounty hunters would not be my favorite but still i enjoy it. I believe it does represent the bounty hunter well a prison and all rugged, and the obvious resembles to the slave 1. All in all i thought bioware did a excellent job with the ships, Well done bioware!

I have seen all ships now and this is my personall ranking:

1. My best friend Thunderclap (Trooper) - really like it. You can feel the purpose of it in side and outside. Well organized space with personall briefing room, You can treat it as mobile bunker and defend it like one. Althou in space while doing barelroll It feels like T-34 :D

2. Freighter and Mantis (Smugler/BH) - what can I say? "She's not preatty but she is tough" really how can one do not like those is beyond me. :D First one mixture of Milenium Falcon and Ebon Hawk second Slave I and Serenity.

3. Fury (SW/SI) - cold, brutal, nice layout - that is what I did expect from real Sith ship to be

4. Defender (JK/JS) - corelian ship, althou quite nice It misses some personality the above mantioned have.

5. Phantom (IA) - do not feel it at all. Beautifully done outside and inside but really do not feel it. It' just like Ferrari for me. Great overall beautifull and so but can I have (F)Bronco or (LR)Defender or maybe (J) Wrangler instead?

It's shame thou we do not have any real interaction and personalization options with those ships and can't use them in Legacy system for cross faction even :D How fun it would be do Rebulic or Imperial missino in Furry or Thunderclap.

B.R.

Leigabar

I personally like the Smuggler's ship, just because it reminds me of the Falcon. Never actually been inside IA ship (currently working on that) so I can't comment there, the JK/JC ship is very simple and nice, the BH ship exterior looks like crap (inside is alright) and SW/SI ship is classic Imperial.

I feel like the knight/warrior and consular/inquisitor should have different ships. To me, the jedi ship seems to fit the consular more while the knight should have a more "aggressive" ship. And similarly, the sith ship seems to fit the warrior more while the inquisitor should have a less "aggressive" ship.