Discussing Self Heal (Or our egregious lack thereof)

Strref

I'd be happy with a Utility point heal.

I don't think Sentinel is close to OP yet, lol, there is a bit of a buffer there to fill before that title ;p

Anyway, we all have different views.

We have a utility heal; Zealous Ward. Except it's awful in comparison to other classes healing abilities. If it had a higher heal or healed faster than once every second, then maybe..

And it's not's a question of Sentinel's being OP or not. Currently (aside kiting issues), Sents and Maras are performing pretty damn well. Adding on any significant self heals WOULD make the class OP. If you have self heals class-wide, it would result in a nerf to either our damage or our defensive abilities.

We have a utility heal; Zealous Ward. Except it's awful in comparison to other classes healing abilities. If it had a higher heal or healed faster than once every second, then maybe..

And it's not's a question of Sentinel's being OP or not. Currently (aside kiting issues), Sents and Maras are performing pretty damn well. Adding on any significant self heals WOULD make the class OP. If you have self heals class-wide, it would result in a nerf to either our damage or our defensive abilities.

Don't forget my friend, discussions like this are a matter of opinion :)

Don't forget my friend, discussions like this are a matter of opinion :)

I understand that. And I agree that having some form of class-wide heals would be a nice addition, it would eventually lead to a nerf to either damage or current defensives. And knowing bioware's ineptness when it comes to balance, we'd get nerfed into the dirt.

Although it would be pretty funny seeing Clashing Blast and Focused Burst heal you similar to Force Leech.

• 1 year later...

Give up, only Main Mara players actually know how unfair it's for all other classes have self-heal and we not.

The others who do not main Mara will always come up with some stupid reason they don't even know what are talking about to say " Oh but they have good defensive abilities ", yeah, guess what buddy, all classes have at least 1 defensive ability too =O !!!

Let's come up simple and with facts:

All classes have their self-heal.

Mara's don't, never had, not even in the early game when they were the worst class to play with until they got some buffs. So it's clear that their self-heal is missing not because they have other abilities to use, but more of a flaw on the class build up that it has carried to this day way back then. Heal is a really specific kind of ability, you can't mix defensive and self-healing and cc's and attack abilities and stealth abilities, one thing does not remove the other of the table. Therefore, saying one can't have a self-heal because he has self-defense ability does not add.

It's not ask for much, when it comes to self-heal. If you are against it, it's just because you want to hate on other class or try to make sure you have an advantage over.

It's not a matter of opinion anymore, it's a fact, when all other classes have it, you are bound to add to Warrior class as well.

At least self-heal is the one basic ability you will get from a Warrior in any friggin MMO.

Edited by Gogoul