Lucasfilm to make 2-3 Movies a Year!

Beniboybling

Entertainment weekly had a interview with Kathleen Kennedy who revealed she plans on making 2-3 star wars films a year, and from the buzz that going about it looks to be that in addition to the main movies (Episodes VII, VIII, and IX) there will be additional movies around them, like animated kids-flicks and more darker adult content - but thats all just speculation. Here's the full quote:

"Lucasfilm’s co-chairman and soon-to-be president, Kathleen Kennedy, has told employees she wants the company to produce two or three films a year (it’s averaged fewer than four per decade), and first up is Star Wars: Episode VII for 2015, which will pick up sometime after Darth Vader gave his life to overthrow (figuratively and literally) the Emperor and save Luke in 1983’s Episode VI— Return of the Jedi. Yes, the plan is to return to the characters in the first trilogy (1977–83). Whether the original actors will have significant roles or merely be on hand to pass the baton to a new generation of actors—something Lucasfilm tried with mixed success with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Disney with TRON: Legacy—is unclear." Entertainment Weekly

So what do you think? What else do you want to see other than the main sequel trilogy?

Edited by Beniboybling

Judging by Twilight, vampire diaries, supernatural, teen wolf, smallville, arrow, buffy, etc ad infinitum we will get a show about teenage padawans and their struggle to overcome teen stuff while being teens and jedi. and stuff.

Hey! Buffy is awesome, and Arrow isn't bad. Twilight, however,makes me want to hold a mass book burning.

Judging by Twilight, vampire diaries, supernatural, teen wolf, smallville, arrow, buffy, etc ad infinitum we will get a show about teenage padawans and their struggle to overcome teen stuff while being teens and jedi. and stuff.

Buffy, Supernatural, and Smallville were all great shows though.

(Episodes VII, VII, VX)

That reads (Episodes 7, 7, made-up-number) :p

Honestly, I don't have high hopes for the new movies. Even the core movies like VII, VIII, and IX. When you're churning out so many movies and spin-offs it's clearly for the money rather than for love of the franchise.

But I am excited for the impact it will have on SWTOR! EA are smart bunnies when it comes to marketing, and you can bet they'll pull as many strings as possible to attract new players to SWTOR while the film hype is high. Fingers crossed the extra revenue gets pumped back into the game, making it a great experience with new and unique content, instead of the solid but somewhat flawed foundation we have right now.

That reads (Episodes 7, 7, made-up-number) :p

Oops, edited!

]Honestly, I don't have high hopes for the new movies. Even the core movies like VII, VIII, and IX. When you're churning out so many movies and spin-offs it's clearly for the money rather than for love of the franchise.

I've given this some thought, and I think the extra movies could be a good thing for star wars. Remember what they did with Marvel? They had the main film, The Avengers, and then the other films which focused on specific characters. A similar thing could be done with Star Wars, you could have the core movies, and then other films revolving around it looking at specific characters, you could even look at characters from the prequels and sequels. E.g. Mace Windu, Yoda (I would love to see that, his past is so neglected), Obi-Wan Kenobi, Sidious, Tarkin, Han and Chewbacca etc. Don't you think that would be exciting?

EDIT: Lol, lets have a film about Princess Leia! The newest Disney Princess! Cinderella but with lightsabers:D

Edited by Beniboybling

called it weeks ago

They are doing the Marvel films plan where they have the Avengers (Episdoe 7 for star wars) and then the off shoot movies of what the main characters are doing in between the movies ie Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and so on except these will star the new main characters of Episode 7 and beyond.

It would be like if in between A New Hope and Empire we got 3 movies one following Luke, one following Han and one following Vader.

called it weeks ago

They are doing the Marvel films plan where they have the Avengers (Episdoe 7 for star wars) and then the off shoot movies of what the main characters are doing in between the movies ie Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and so on except these will star the new main characters of Episode 7 and beyond.

It would be like if in between A New Hope and Empire we got 3 movies one following Luke, one following Han and one following Vader.

Is this confirmed, or are you hazarding a guess? If so I think this would be a good approach, it would be nice to look at the background of characters not through comics or novels but movies. I'd love to see one about Yoda and Han/Chewbacca.

Is this confirmed, or are you hazarding a guess? If so I think this would be a good approach, it would be nice to look at the background of characters not through comics or novels but movies. I'd love to see one about Yoda and Han/Chewbacca.

it's not a guess and it hasn't been confirmed. It's a prediction looking at what they have done with marvel and why they are buying Lucas Arts in the first place. They are building a Trans media empire on the scale we have never seen before.

I've given this some thought, and I think the extra movies could be a good thing for star wars. Remember what they did with Marvel? They had the main film, The Avengers, and then the other films which focused on specific characters.

Hey, good points. I love your optimism :D

Fingers crossed it pans out this way, but they aren't releasing 2-3 Marvel films a year. I think that's the part that worries me. 1 film a year would make me feel more positive about it. But time will tell, and you're right about their track record with Marvel :)

it's not a guess and it hasn't been confirmed. It's a prediction looking at what they have done with marvel and why they are buying Lucas Arts in the first place. They are building a Trans media empire on the scale we have never seen before.

That's called a guess :D

A well informed guess (and I think you might be right), but a guess all the same :p