Server Lag killing Raid's with High instance numbers

This can t just be Are server the red eclipse that recently had 10 smaller low pop server's transferred to here Only for

raid instance's to be lagged out to hell? We are in Denova seeing 75 to 101 people in the instance and BOOM lag spikes like crazy .

I would like to know other peoples story's on this lag ... its crazy

I love that people were able to transfer to a busy server and have a higher pop to interact with but the quality in the raids on the server performance wise is awful..

I ve seen everything from the last boss of EC aoe 60% not showing up , to storm-caller fight being unplayable due to the lag.

what about u guys??

Edited by Murder_Toys

We had to cancel our raid last night due to the massive lags.

We were @ Kephess HM and due to the insane lag we couldn't even kill the Baradium Bombers in time.

3-4s delay before the cast of an ability even starts and 1-2s delay before the ability even hits...

Our healers were complaining about heals not arriving etc.

We had to cancel our raid last night due to the massive lags.

We were @ Kephess HM and due to the insane lag we couldn't even kill the Baradium Bombers in time.

3-4s delay before the cast of an ability even starts and 1-2s delay before the ability even hits...

Our healers were complaining about heals not arriving etc.

Yeah its just not Funny . We v started to talk about raiding hour later or not around peak hours .. I know we always have the option of ( other instance's) but clearing trash again gets old fast

any way Thank you for your reply

Yeah its just not Funny . We v started to talk about raiding hour later or not around peak hours .. I know we always have the option of ( other instance's) but clearing trash again gets old fast

any way Thank you for your reply

Switching to other instances won't help.

The servers are overloaded at peak-times.

We are seeing lag, but it is not so bad as to stop our raid. Our server often has a queue to log on during our raid times too.

It sucks though. Here's hoping for a fix soon. Nightmare (when we get it) will truly be a nightmare with the lag.

Yup Killing the bombers is a pain in the a** when you get a lag spike for 5 secs and they only up for about 20secs. In our guild we noticed it seems to happen when a new group of people zone into EC. Some other group wipes and zones back in while your in middle of encounter seems to cause the lag. I have opened multiple tickets and always get the same response. Saying that it is on my end. How i shouldn't use wireless connection, or share my connection. I live alone and i'm wired straight to my modem, always have 40ms in game. There is no way this is lag is on my end. Bioware needs to figure this out quick. Close all those low pop servers and integrate the hardware into the ~20 destination servers. Maybe open up transfers to 5 more servers letting the single players go to one of those so they can play this MMO single player style (mind boggling to me), but to each is own.

I play this game for end game content only (PvE/PvP). I don't care about RP/Quest/romance etc... This lag should be PRIORITY NUMBER ONE. If this lag is not fixed soon (before Panda) and I cant push the content and try for server 1st. Well guess my $15 will go somewhere else.

We are seeing lag, but it is not so bad as to stop our raid. Our server often has a queue to log on during our raid times too.

It sucks though. Here's hoping for a fix soon. Nightmare (when we get it) will truly be a nightmare with the lag.

It was so bad on Tuesday on Stormcaller, we actually halted raid, went outside and spent 20 mins forcing ourselves into another instance server. Then recleared trash and killed the rest of the encounters with less lag and less problems related to lag.

Our Denova is regularly seeing ~115 players on Tuesday during evening EDT. Our core group has never had to stop the raid as a result of the lag, but we did eat a couple of unnecessary deaths on FB/SC as a result of the lag. We got a stereotypical third-time-charm this week and finished the rest of the instance without any trouble, but I can definitely say the lag is starting to get worst, not better. Our second raid group is not as fortunate, since one of the healers is on a connection that is abominable and can lag all by itself, without the help of a bunch of people and server lag.

There are really only a few solutions.

1.) Do not raid at peak times. (Incompatible with players that only have set times they can raid.)

2.) Wait for a different day. (Again, above.)

3.) Try to get into another instance where the lag is less noticeable. (Could interfere with above.)

4.) Grit teeth, wait for fix that will break other things, rinse & repeat.

There are really only a few solutions.

1.) Do not raid at peak times. (Incompatible with players that only have set times they can raid.)

2.) Wait for a different day. (Again, above.)

3.) Try to get into another instance where the lag is less noticeable. (Could interfere with above.)

4.) Grit teeth, wait for fix that will break other things, rinse & repeat.

Ya my raid group goes from 7-10. The 1st hour we are about 16 of the 24-32 people in EC. no lag at all. One shot 1st 2-3 bosses. Then 8-9 hits and we are 16 of 100-150 people. die over and over due to lag.

1. We raid at peak times cus thats when people can play. Usually people play after work so ~6-midnight is about standard. peak times for server. So a solution for this game to be playable is to change my entire schedule. Go to work come one sleep for 5hrs wake up raid from midnight to 3-4am. then go to work. Im sorry no game is worth that. and if Bioware doesnt fix this lag anytime soon. Hope the RP player base can sustain there payroll.

I've complained about this numerous times as it affects not only PvE Operations, but PvP WZ's. I have a trouble-ticket open where they idiot CS Response was (checking your computer connections). Um, yep, you got me. My computer and internet is affecting everyone else at the exact same time! /sarcasm

However, I noticed that improvement has gone up significantly for me in WZ's and Operations (and everyone else in them as they aren't complaining either) ever since the last patch came out to increase server stability.

Still, BW, if people are still having this issue, you need to get this resolved. Lag spikes are probably the worst types of bugs in a game because they can be game-breaking and also are just super annoying.

I wonder if BW has a work team that raids together and actually play this game. If they do i would love a Dev response for that. I dont need names/servers or any proof. Just a single Dev that says yes we have 8 or 16 people that work at BW that actually raid in this game on a weekly schedule. Only thing I would care to know is what time they raid and days. Just so i know if its peak hours or else. When I say raid i mean like HM EC: Denova raiding. Dont have to be 4/4. Maybe 2/4 or even 1/4 will suffice. And can that Dev just ask them if they EVER get RANDOM 3-5sec LAG SPIKES.

This might blow that Dev mind but im willing to take that chance. :p

Edited by ExEin
Editing

Ya my raid group goes from 7-10. The 1st hour we are about 16 of the 24-32 people in EC. no lag at all. One shot 1st 2-3 bosses. Then 8-9 hits and we are 16 of 100-150 people. die over and over due to lag.

1. We raid at peak times cus thats when people can play. Usually people play after work so ~6-midnight is about standard. peak times for server. So a solution for this game to be playable is to change my entire schedule. Go to work come one sleep for 5hrs wake up raid from midnight to 3-4am. then go to work. Im sorry no game is worth that. and if Bioware doesnt fix this lag anytime soon. Hope the RP player base can sustain there payroll.

One solution does not work for everyone. That's why there are multiple solutions. If it doesn't work for you, you don't have to do it.

I wonder if BW has a work team that raids together and actually play this game. If they do i would love a Dev response for that. I dont need names/servers or any proof. Just a single Dev that says yes we have 8 or 16 people that work at BW that actually raid in this game on a weekly schedule. Only thing I would care to know is what time they raid and days. Just so i know if its peak hours or else. When I say raid i mean like HM EC: Denova raiding. Dont have to be 4/4. Maybe 2/4 or even 1/4 will suffice. And can that Dev just ask them if they EVER get RANDOM 3-5sec LAG SPIKES.

This might blow that Dev mind but im willing to take that chance. :p

Ever heard of IN HOUSE TESTING?

Edited by Chaqen

Ever heard of IN HOUSE TESTING?

yes in house testing guessing done during work hours. so its not peak time...... and sometimes companies will in house test on different servers. ie low pop. I never get lag when i log on randomly on days off during the morning or whatever. but 8-9pm hits, incoming horrible lag. Im looking for a group of people that play this game semi-hardcore raiding guild that also works with BW on making this game.

The amount of lag on ToFN is almost unbearable during ops at peak times, every fight I lose atleast 4-5 GCDs and attacks due to lag and on EC HM bosses with their enrage timers make it problematic to say the least.

So our Raidgroup also has this problem...

I find it funny when Bioware says "Its on your end" when EVERYONE in the raid has the SAME issue at the EXACT SAME TIME!

Bioware, yes... it is our connection ;-)

The funny thing is we had this lagspikes also on our old server which had not as much players as our new one.

But yes, it did get worse with more player.

So our Raidgroup also has this problem...

I find it funny when Bioware says "Its on your end" when EVERYONE in the raid has the SAME issue at the EXACT SAME TIME!

Bioware, yes... it is our connection ;-)

The funny thing is we had this lagspikes also on our old server which had not as much players as our new one.

But yes, it did get worse with more player.

Has BW officially said it was on our end? I haven't seen anything, and I sincerely doubt they would be so shortsighted to think that.

Has BW officially said it was on our end? I haven't seen anything, and I sincerely doubt they would be so shortsighted to think that.

I ve never seen that point but I can say the Lag was so Bad on Fleet 2 on TRE server at 8pm most people logged after 5 to 10 mins of 5 sec lag spikes every 20 secs ...

BW please address this Issue

• 3 weeks later...
Yep not to mention the random trash reset if you wipe and dont leave someone inside the zone apparently it can shift you from one instance to another of the fleet resetting all the trash.

This has happened many times to us so we take way to long to do a Operations as this just slows us down over and over.

This and the server lag spikes for the entire Ops at the same time is why people are leaving the game.

Look over the forums again, shedloads of people have complained and the standard CS responce is to check YOUR connection. People everywhere complain and get the same responce, bloody bad show inho :eek:

Look over the forums again, shedloads of people have complained and the standard CS responce is to check YOUR connection. People everywhere complain and get the same responce, bloody bad show inho :eek:

meh half of CS are probably a bunch of contracted workers who've never played the game.

They did mention Server stability in the Q&A. Although they talked about attempting to solve a bug regarding DCs, surely they are aware of the situation and that these Server Stability fixes are working on the Lag which affects a lot of areas of the game, just more noticeable in the heavily loaded raids. I guess they're loaded much heavier than they ever expected/anticipated.

But it absolutely needs to be sorted asap. Although everything ingame is still kill-able, its far from ideal and can/does result in several wipes. I truly feel bad for guilds trying to learn new fights with this lag, embarking on new progression. Infact the only thing that can be said, is that if they manage to get some progression done :p they deserve some applaud, it's harder than it should be.

meh half of CS are probably a bunch of contracted workers who've never played the game.

They did mention Server stability in the Q&A. Although they talked about attempting to solve a bug regarding DCs, surely they are aware of the situation and that these Server Stability fixes are working on the Lag which affects a lot of areas of the game, just more noticeable in the heavily loaded raids. I guess they're loaded much heavier than they ever expected/anticipated.

But it absolutely needs to be sorted asap. Although everything ingame is still kill-able, its far from ideal and can/does result in several wipes. I truly feel bad for guilds trying to learn new fights with this lag, embarking on new progression. Infact the only thing that can be said, is that if they manage to get some progression done :p they deserve some applaud, it's harder than it should be.

Yea and even more so when the server is resetting mobs also.

So now you have to redo what you have done, and you get group freeze while attempting to down a boss.

I truly feel bad for guilds trying to learn new fights with this lag, embarking on new progression.

It's not just guilds doing progression. My guild has had HM EC on farm for months now and sometimes we can spend up to an hour wiping on Zorn & Toth because of the amount of lag people get during the rock-phase. We raid at 7:30-10:30 AEST (peak time) and from 7:30 to about 8:30 it is horrendous lag and then it gradually gets better as more and more people give up in EC. It is game breaking and needs to be fixed.

But BioWare will do what they do best - ignore the community and blame everyone but themselves.

But BioWare will do what they do best - ignore the community and blame everyone but themselves.

IT really is astounding how there is no official acknowledgement of this yet. My guess is that BW are working on it but don't want to draw attention to the problem by having a CS rep acknowledge it when no fix is in site. They used this approach with a few other annoying bugs, such as the Sith Pureblood helmet issue and famously with the Soa bugs and suddenly after x amount of weeks/months they were fixed.

My guess is this will go on for a few more weeks and suddenly we'll see a correction in one of the patch notes along the lines of: "Fixed a latency issue in the Explosive Conflict Operation which caused some players to yadda yadda yadda".

Edited by JamieM