Favorite Villian from class stories or single story content and why?

Swingkittie

Who is your favorite villain so far and Why? I think what makes a good villain is their ability to affect how it makes you feel. If the actor has done their job portraying a good villain it should spark a reaction and/or emotional response. Usually we end up desiring their death and the more we are provoked the more we want to see that outcome - whether it is for the good of our character, galaxy, or story as a whole.

For me it is Hunter from the Imperial Agent story. Something about his actions and treatment of the agent just gets under my skin. I really can't stand him and even though we can get a "surprise" reveal about him in the end, it doesn't change my opinion on him whatsoever. He is a great antagonist and does really well continually baiting the agent through out the story.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Rakton. He's simply brilliant. Thus, it feels so much better to ruin the Mastermind's plans. But more screen time wouldn't hurt. Even for, excuse this(it's obvious), an INTJ like him. Don't fall for stereotypes lol.

Skavak's also pretty good too. Tarro Blood as well. Rogun, well, there's a missed opportunity. I feel like he could've been a rather nice gray character. H should've gotten more screen time.

edit: Treat Rakton as my #1.

Edited by Cuiwe

first place :

Darth Tenebrae - for being interesting , they could have done much more with him but they crowbarred him into being 4ever badguy out of lack of imagination

second runners : not firstpick BUT still interesting characters

Revan

Darth Baras

Darth Malgus

Satele Shan - for not dying ... ever

Edited by banimoka

Darth Baras is my number 1.

Darth Jadus is my number 2.

Hunter is my number 3, I wish she wouldn't have died and actually joined the Eternal Empire. That would've been a hell of a twist, and it'd make sense, considering she was part of the Star Cabal.

Edited by Joluka

Baras, no mystery what my favorite class story is :) I don't talk a lot about Baras but I have fun with him every time I play the warrior story.

I can play it deferential, or suspicious or disrespectful. I can even change my character's opinion of him over time - like deferential at first and suspicious and rude as the story progresses, or the other way around if it suits me.

His look, voice, lines and story are all very memorable. I'm only sorry he can't ever come back to the story. There will never be any more Baras than what we have now.

Baras is probably my favorite. That VA did a hell of a job. I can't ever not laugh at all the yelling.

Overseer Harkun. OMG I'll never get his sneering "slave" out of my head. I want to punch that guy irl.

And IDK if Koth is considered a villain, but he did a pretty good job of making me hate him and want to blow him up, so he counts for me.

On the Imperial side I would have to say Hunter. The entire agent storyline froml Hutta to Corellia was superbly well done. I was totally immersed into it with my character. It had the feel of a Bond-type thriller. I was even able to change outfits to match the different roles Cypher 9 had to play. And the **Spoiler Alert** twist at the end to realize that Hunter was the unknown operative who studied with the Old Man on Tattoine and that the Star Cabal was made up of NPCs from other storylines was a neat little wrap up. I played the character at a gray alignment level with dark side tendencies. The only downside, was Ensign Temple who was just a little too cheerful for my tastes.

On the Republic side, I would have to go with Darmas Polleran. In my opinion, he was the real villain in the smuggler storyline. Skavik was an annoyance and the Void Wolf was more of a plot device than a real villain. Darmas on the other hand was able to infiltrate his way in through a trusted colleague (Corso), he played to my character's desires (credits and underworld notoriety) and he had me fooled until the clues became to many to ignore. It was a real pleasure killing him! I only wish that my character could continue to interact with Port Nowhere, since he is supposed to be the leader of the underworld and Port Nowhere's owner.

For me it has to be Tenebrae. His backstory to me is extremely interesting seeing as how he mirros my favorite class a little, both him and SI are from humble origins and rise to be the top-food chain and heavily rely on force shenanigans. I also think both Doug Bradley and Darin De Paul did an amazing job of voice-acting him. To me his arc felt like a bigger version of my Kaggath against Darth Thanaton, 2 rival Sith Lords competing for the right to rule and that is why he's my favorite villain.

first place :

Darth Tenebrae - for being interesting , they could have done much more with him but they crowbarred him into being 4ever badguy out of lack of imagination

second runners : not firstpick BUT still interesting characters

Revan

Darth Baras

Darth Malgus

Satele Shan - for not dying ... ever

I agree, Tenebrae was great. As much as I loved the Eternal Empire story line, when he just went full bad guy (even after he knew that we had the holocron) it killed me a little bit. I guess I was sort of hoping that he would have treated my Sith Warrior, the same way Marka Ragnos treated Tenebrae. I sort of wish that they had just left Revan alone lol, they kind of trampled over some sacred ground with that one. Malgus was a good Julius Caesar type bad guy. Satele, I did enjoy telling her off aplenty with my Sith Warrior lol.

Edited by BellumEstBellum

Rogun and Skavaak from the smuggler storyline are good ones.

I was also sort of fond of Grand Moff Kilran. He was sort of charming and fun to interact with. At least the holo-calls with him on my smuggler were always fun in terms of the conversations.

I do like the sort of clever user of minions type villain more than the cartoon ultra-powered supervillain style. Once you've run up the power scale to destroy world/galaxy/universe there's basically nowhere left for the story and the characters to go that doesn't feel like a bit of a let-down, unless the writers are far more brilliant than the SWTOR writers.

Switch from one minion bases villain to another though, and you can have different goals, different threats, different styles of getting things done, and different minions to go up against. It's easier to build play/replay value into the expansion/sequel/DLC or what have you if going that route. So I'm actually somewhat encouraged by the direction the story is currently heading, though I won't be at all surprised if it devolves into a ultra powerful villain lurking somewhere at the end.

• 2 weeks later...
Malgus, because every flashpoint led to his betrayal. So in the end your char had a big hand in bring malgus to power. Jadus because of the constant descriptions of his power as if he was the literal embodiment of death. The shroud which seemed to be manipulating events in the background. And maybe when it is All said and done maybe Theron Shan.

Fav villains? Hmmm.

1. Skaavik. I just loved to hate him. It was too bad he died so early.

2. Jadus. He was a cold calculating SoB. Loved the voice

3. Tarro Blood. Just another guy I loved to hate. Tickles me when I just leave him to explode on the ship.

4. Baras. Was fun at the end to give him what was coming.

5. Hunter. It was a great game between hunter and Cipher 9.

• 2 weeks later...

1- Skavak: I agree with everyone else; he really is the guy you love to hate. He made the smuggler banter and storyline really fun and memorable.

2- Baras: For all the above reasons and so much more. He made the warrior story really great.

3- Taro: Taro Blood seriously made me hate him. He didn't have to try too hard. But in the end he got what he deserved.

4- Hunter: Damn shame I couldn't have hunter around more. S/he was the Blofield to my Bond.

5- the Jedi from the BH storyline: I'm terrible with names, but you all know whom I'm talking about. He irked me.

I've only finished the stories for the SW and AI so far and I am half way through JK, BH, and RT.

so here are my favourite antagonists so far

1. Darth Barras: he is basically the heart of the SW storyline and is one of the most well voice acted characters within the game. I especially liked the master-apprentice relationship between my SW (first and main toon) and Barras, since I thought it developed really well through the chapters.

2. Darth Jadus: again, very well voice acted, and he gives you an interesting perspective on sith politics and the nature of sith. Not to mention he is a ******!

The Eagle and darth Angral were also quite interesting in terms of personality and motive. The rest of the antagonist such as Tavus and Blood don't really come to mind, not saying they aren't interesting but they aren't really anything special imo, though I understand why some people like them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanaton. My inquisitor really regretted having to take him down. He was more or less a "father" figure, which was supported by some of the dialogue choices.

Same goes for Darth Malgus and Darth Severin on Ilum. After Voss <Severin> and after the dialogues from other flashpoints <Malgus> , my character regretted having to fight against them.

I play my Darth Nox as having much respect for traditional Sith lore and history. (although he's also a power-hungry emperor-in-training as well :D )

Baras - Cause of his scream and storyline wide presence. Both as your mentor and as your sworn enemy.

Jadus - A mysterious Darth who once sat on the Dark council as the offical spymaster of the empire. His goals continue to remain unknown beyond his desire to rule and impose his own will on the galaxy. He is still a looming threat.

Seros - A Traitor to his own order who manipulated others and himself without realising how twisted he really is. The man is his own worst enemy.

Arcann - His arrogance and his ability to see nothing of the bigger picture beyond his clear lean to the dark side despite supposedly representing something beyond light or dark.

Edited by Celise

• 2 weeks later...

Zash . I liked her better then that fanboy of Tetanos . Honestly if I could , I would switch their places .

for 2nd , I say Vitiate . The guy who did Valkorian did a good job with the voice . But personality wise , I liked Vitiate better before Kotfe got here , seemed like the story on Ziost was going somewhere different . Then they screw it and brough us Dr Phil expansion .

for 3rd , Hunter from Agent story . because no vilain screw up with my mind as that story did . Was well written , I was seeing red by the time I caught to her .

4th crazy daughter of Jadus . Woo scary!