Fundamental problems with tier 3 gear. (IA dps pov)

Don't dare need on something for another class. If you have worked it out with your group head of time, be honest with yourself and mark it as greed and beg them to pass. Calling this "need" changes the meaning of the word and certainly devalues it in the player community.

lol, how cute, you think I pug stuff in this game........

My guild helps me run kaon just to rip crystals from weapons and enhancements from helms.

The problem with the gear system in this game is that you can change it too much, since I can rip stuff from other classes gear and stick it in mine, I am damn sure going to do that if I feel it is an upgrade.

Saying we shouldn't because the designers want our gear to be subpar with what they put in it..........well.........nvm, I am not going to insult you, not worth my time :)

You don't need better than Rakata to beat this content. It is working as intended.

Of course you don't. Rakata is the reward FOR beating the content. So that you can farm and clear faster and faster and faster and prepare for the next batch of content.

Some of us don't just beat the content, we then farm it and like to crush it at tremedous speeds :)

The fact that I can make my rakata gear better by taking enhancements out of columi gear from OTHER classes and sticking it in my rakata gear is piss poor design. If you don't understand this I don't really know how else to explain it to you, I am either talking to a wall or you are just trolling at this point.

Rakata gear having horrible itemization and needing to be altered by the players to become BIS, and rakata weapons that are broken and devs have already said they are working on fixes, working as intended? No.

Of course you don't. Rakata is the reward FOR beating the content. So that you can farm and clear faster and faster and faster and prepare for the next batch of content.

Some of us don't just beat the content, we then farm it and like to crush it at tremedous speeds :)

The fact that I can make my rakata gear better by taking enhancements out of columi gear from OTHER classes and sticking it in my rakata gear is piss poor design. If you don't understand this I don't really know how else to explain it to you, I am either talking to a wall or you are just trolling at this point.

Rakata gear having horrible itemization and needing to be altered by the players to become BIS, and rakata weapons that are broken and devs have already said they are working on fixes, working as intended? No.

On the other hand, it will make you stand out compared to everyone who isn't doing this. Silly perhaps but nice in that sense at least.

I can only agree, that our tier 3 gear is horrible stat wise.

Just been looking up what I would gain/lose, going from 5 piece columi to 5 piece rakata.

I got the following numbers:

Total:

Armor: +76

Endurance: +34

Cunning: +2

Accuracy rating: +111

Power: -18

Crit Rating: +86

Surge Rating: -96

This dosent really seem like any upgrade to me.

I already have over 100% accuracy rating, so why gain another 111?

Only +2 cunning?

Losing power and surge rating? Whats the point of the crit rating then?

The rakata set dont make any sense at all.

3 pieces take away your power but gives you crit rating.

2 pieces take away your crit rating and surge rating, but gives you power instead.

Time to hire some brains BW?

I can only agree, that our tier 3 gear is horrible stat wise.

Just been looking up what I would gain/lose, going from 5 piece columi to 5 piece rakata.

I got the following numbers:

Total:

Armor: +76

Endurance: +34

Cunning: +2

Accuracy rating: +111

Power: -18

Crit Rating: +86

Surge Rating: -96

This dosent really seem like any upgrade to me.

I already have over 100% accuracy rating, so why gain another 111?

Only +2 cunning?

Losing power and surge rating? Whats the point of the crit rating then?

The rakata set dont make any sense at all.

3 pieces take away your power but gives you crit rating.

2 pieces take away your crit rating and surge rating, but gives you power instead.

Time to hire some brains BW?

The base armor (the part you can't take out) and the mods are the only things worthwhile on the rakata. Like we have already discussed, you have to take out the garbage 58 enhancements, that is where all the useless accuracy is, and replace with 56 enhancements from OTHER classes gear to get upgrades for crit and surge. When that is done, the rakata pieces are the best, its just alot of dumb work to do it.