Xalek

DarkTalyn

I know this problem as well. When I do dailies or flash points. He would randomly gain affection without a que showing I made a choice he likes. Then at the end of the quest, as part ofthe rewards it says x amount of affection to xalek. This happens similarly in Flash points from group finder. At the end I'll see he gains/loses affection even if he was not summoned in the instance. In my experience he is the only companion to magically gain/lose affection. Every other companion (agent/knight/warrior/trooper) show when I make a decision that is liked. None of the companions on my other toons gain/lose affection at the end of group finder flashpoints either.

What role does Xalek fill I know he's an Assassin?

Thanks

He is a tank. But he seems to have a nice amount of dps as well. On my sorc I pull aggro off of him a lot (but what can you expect from a companion). I don't know if it's because I pull aggro off of him or if it's because he can take a hit, but he rarely needs healing and never dies.

Why ranged tank with double bladed Lightsabre?

Thanks

Simply for the fact he has several abilities that he can use from range and he has a basic attack that he can use from range. He'll attack with his lightsaber when he's in melee range also but its not necessary for him. On the flipside, Khem has no ranged attacks at all so he has to be in melee range to do anything.

Simply for the fact he has several abilities that he can use from range and he has a basic attack that he can use from range. He'll attack with his lightsaber when he's in melee range also but its not necessary for him. On the flipside, Khem has no ranged attacks at all so he has to be in melee range to do anything.
K, Thanks

Sole tank i ever saw holding 2 geared dps threat on EoT boss. Guy was my guildmate's xalek tough, full blackhole :p

If you are a bit of an altholic with many presence bonus, he is pretty damn impressive. Inquisitor really have imo the 2 best tank companion in the game.

If I go to Voss as soon as I get my ship to get Xalek would I survive?

Thanks

In short - no. Voss is level 44-47.

Khem is awesome. keep him geared, and send him in first always to the one with the most health, or is the most dangerous (healer) - DOT that guy up, take down the smaller guys - then help him finish off the big one. You won't have trouble. I've used no-one but Khem since I got him and don't regret it. We routinely take on bosses 3-4 levels over us and came out on top. Albeit sometimes it took two tries or so. 5-6 levels is REALLY pushing it tho - although I feel we could do it routinely if I rearranged some mods and got some accuracy for us. Really it depends on the type of Boss. Force Users (like Inquis class quests) are insanely hard underleveled that far.

If Xalek is better than Khem I'll have to see it lol, although I do like his attitude :D. Anyone who kills off a few other acolytes on his way to the academy has my attention ;) The bad*** I want to see is HK-51, especially teamed up w/my Merc. That is on my priority list.

**Long Explanation re: Voss**

I doubt you'd get very far down the road before you died. I still aggro a lot of critters going down the roads at level 44 - and there is a LOT of them, RIGHT next to the road. When I first got there at level 41 EVERYTHING along the road followed me, and a couple starred critters knocked me off my speeder. If you don't have speeder 3, or maybe 2 they will catch you, and they will kill you. I've seen nothing under level 43 there, and a lot of 44/45 along the road. Bosses are 46/47 usually with 26 - 28K health.

To get to the point you could get Xalek (I'm not there yet and I don't have a lot left) - you'd need at least one mid 40's to tank, and maybe someone to keep you alive - healer for AOE and the odd pot-shot - because you'll be an aggro magnet. In short - someone to run you through your class quests and do them for you.

After Khem & the Ship droid what companion(s) could I get and survive and what planet?

Thanks

Let me put it that way:

You CANNOT just go to another planet and get a companion since they are all joining you at some points in your class quest.

Xalek is trained on Korriban, and joins you there AFTER you finish your Voss class-quests.

Also, stop asking those kind of questions on the forum, and actually play the darn game. You'll learn the basic of how the game is done.

And if you think about rushing class-quests - forget it you are going to be murdered on Balmorra.

Let me put it that way:

You CANNOT just go to another planet and get a companion since they are all joining you at some points in your class quest.

Xalek is trained on Korriban, and joins you there AFTER you finish your Voss class-quests.

Also, stop asking those kind of questions on the forum, and actually play the darn game. You'll learn the basic of how the game is done.

And if you think about rushing class-quests - forget it you are going to be murdered on Balmorra.

I played yesterday but I don't want to get over my head.

I played yesterday but I don't want to get over my head.

So not my point -,-

I mean - LEARN the game for yourself first THEN you'll be able to ask correct questions.

Right now you are only getting on many people's ignore list from many comments I've seen, and when you'll really hit a snag where you need people's advice about the class, you'll find a lack of answer for it.

At this point in your TOR experience, you sre better off learning the game by playing it (at your own pace mind you) than ask about points that are painfully obvious to anyone that spend more time in the client than the forums.

And if you just write lfg Heroic4+ bla,bla,bla . you proberly dont get any help.

shift+ clicking on mission name you get far more better help

And NumLock for auto when traveling is better for your fingers!!

Edited by phfph

At the time I let my first sub lapse, Xalek had a bug with his armor mitigation or something. I don't recall the specifics because I used Ashara almost exclusively, but he took more damage than he should have, and BW let it go months without fixing it.

Has it been corrected? Now I have returned, I don't see any posts on it anymore.