Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a relax folks, if you would have read the dev yellow note it said that upon release of pre-buy they had a huge peak of pre-orders, so now ALL the massive amount that preordered nearly in the same time asks to get in.

You got to understand that they progressively add players to the servers to make sure it won't fry down before launch happens, that is why they add players bit by bit. You also got to understand Bioware is a company, they've got to secure the money farming machine before pleasing the community.

Be patient, they gave us 2 extra EGA days why don't you enjoy the fact they did instead of complaining about everything. They could have let it to 5 days, which would have caused more QQing because servers could have lagged since there would have been more player/day, with the 7 days EGA it'll be more progressive and will be less likely to get pre-launch problems. I know this won't stop the trollers and the ragers, but people like me will understand better if someone points out the fact..

This is right on the money. It's EARLY game access and doesn't count towards time you paid for. Relax. They are simply making sure that the servers are relatively evened out and don't have some overloaded on the first 2 hours of early game access. You will get to play soon enough, and by official launch things will be kosher. Don't panic or bash the dev's. They don't have 7 years of operation to stand on like some other game.

This is what I have been thinking as well. It seems like rather than letting the real player numbers onto their server and then doing damage control accordingly, they are just prolonging the inevitable.

I doesn't matter the number of safe guards they try to put in place its a huge MMO launch, theyre always rough, and if you a real gamer then you know to expect a rough first couple weeks, thats why the 1st months is free.

They're not staggering for the server load, but for the zone population.

If they'd let in all at once the starting zones would be way overcrowded, especially since there's only 2 of them. If they stagger the access, many people will have gotten past it and many will not be able to get in yet when you are playing.

A generation of kids that think because they paid for something, they are entitled to some sort of perfection that most of us cannot attain on a good day

Noooo, a generation of kids who's parents payed for something :)

Thank god for getting on in life and growing a set of... euh patiences's ;)

A lawsuit where you complain that they told you you MAY get UP TO five days early access and its seven days away from launch?

I think the judge MAY commit you to Elementary School for UP TO 3 years in order to learn how to add

looks like you didn't read the first letters of the sentences. you lose.

that aside, the point still stands, having a random/vague/arbitrary start time is silly. The only thing I can schedule right now is the official launch date.

The assumption anyone sane would make is that eventually they would solidify the early play start date for anyone. That is what is ridiculous.

Nobody intelligent cares about "may" and "up to"... the point is they suck for not saying exactly when at some point.

You have to realize that the early access isn't just LOL LET ME IN FIRST it's also the fact that the launch is christmas week. I will personally be unable to play until january starting two days from now.

They pushed forward the early access start date, so I could do nothing but move my schedule. My assumption was wrong that they'd do the intelligent thing and notify their customers when the game was soft launching.

If I would have left my schedule for the original early launch window, i'd be fine. But since this was made unclear from the outset I moved it. Shrug.

Look at their twitter posts, EVEN THOSE NOW ARE VAGUE. "One more to go today!" OOPS I MEAN MORE THAN ONE ITS A BONUS. Without any explanation.

The reality is they're doing this on purpose so the next time they have a preorder you don't hesitate so that you don't have to deal with this nonsense.

Who'd have thought that you'd be punished for buying a game before its even available because you didn't buy it early enough? That is simply ridiculous.

Some of you people are just ingnorant to how a company CAN work. Bioware isn't a bunch of kids in a garage working their few hours a day and going home. Bioware is a HUGE company!

They should be able to schedule workers around the clock to initiate waves instead of just stopping.

No, this doesn't make it a fail launch or anything of that sort, but it does show some lack of planning, and lack of care of the preordered customers.

You all can say we should be "grateful" that we have early access. Why should we? We gave them our money early so we could play early. It's a freakin business, they aren't doing us any "favors."

I am not QQing about not getting in, I am more so complaining about the logic of you forum posters.

It isn't a favor when we pay for it. PERIOD.

I agree. Early access was part of the pre-order deal, 'Buy now, get this!' as such, I consider it part of the product. I understand first come first serve, but I don't see why they have to stop inviting people for the day. Everyone would be much happier, and it would be much better for Bioware in the long run, if they just continued sending out waves until everyone was in.

If Bioware is concerned about server stability, better the problem occur now so they can get started on fixing it. I would rather wait two days on them to repair a server than on a wait I don't understand the purpose of.

I listed for early acces on 29/07, still havent got any invite.

Just have to wait and see i suppose and hope it'll come soon.

Been looking forward to play this game for a long time so crossing my fingers and hoping for an e mail today or tomorrow.

I wonder how customer service phones are holding up......think about the people who are answering the irate phone calls.

they can handle it just fine most of them or from Ireland and the UK and have you ever saw a Irish woman get mad trust me you dont want to LMAO:D

I know I am not happy with the fact that I pre-ordered my digital copy very late, but there really isn't anything I can do about it. One thing that is strange though... when I check my account and it gives you all those screens with check marks... the one with code redemption is unchecked, and yet when I tried to re-enter my code it says it was already used. It's a bit confusing, but at least it gives me something to do besides hitting "refresh" over and over again. lol

Like it says at the top of that page - that's not for people who already entered a code. That's if you have another code to redeem, and for some reason it does not change after you have one registered with your account. So if you've already done pre-order conde-entering, don't worry.