Please can I kill my companions for failing me!

Miffy

I'd kill the Droid right away for being a useless **** that just keeps saying he wants to please me over and over. If I send them on a mission I want to kill them and get a replacement for failing me. How many times have I wasted like 20K cause they failed, like I don't even seem to be able to control it.

In the intro movie you see the sith killing his master for failing, should at least be able to do it ourselves.

The option to kill companions was once in the game, but it was removed based on player feedback during beta testing.

While it is great in concept, it did not sit well with a lot of players. We extrapolated the complaints and number of customer support incidents dealing with this issue based on the amount of testing support requests (It’s amazing how many variations of “Guys, I accidentally killed my healer companion. Totally by accident. Now I am gimped. Can I haz back?” there are) to the launch population and that made clear that this feature was not a winner.

See the link for much more detail on the topic.

Edited by psychogobstopper

So it was removed because people are too stupid to realize that [Kill x] is a permanent choice? If I pick that option in a class quest or something, I know it's not changeable. Therefore, I also know it's not changeable if I do it to a companion. To have an interesting potentially story-changing feature removed because of a PEBKAC problem makes me sad. The article mentioned maybe carbonizing or imprisoning as options, and I'm disappointed that we didn't get those kind of options. (At least not in the situation I know about.) Edited by Capella