Crew skills app

Razdek

So i was lieing in bed crawling through the forums and I thought... With all of this awsome technology why can we not take our game away from the computer even just in little ways. Why not an app that has a list of our characters their companions and crew skills. Something maybe linked to the gtn as well.

A smartphone app that allows us to level our crew skills, send our companions on missions for mats, do some crafting and then upload those items to the gtn. Just a thought.

Look up "Companion Remote Desktop" in the Amzon app store. Basically you need to leave SWTOR running on your PC when you are away but the app takes a screenshot and has controls for right click, left click, and double click as well as 4 customized hotkeys (I use I, N, spc, and Esc). Setting up to connect through your home wireless network is easy. To access it across the 3G or 4G requires some knowledge of port forwarding on your router/modem. Since the app does not access SWTOR directly it does not violate the EULA.

I know you can use an app on your iphone like LogMeIn to see stuff and click it, it just makes for a crappy UI. The problem would be that the more people that do it the lower prices would get.

I'd rather them fix the actual game so such an app isn't needed than implement a hacky cludge like this.

Simply add a selection of "unlimited duration" missions that you can fund for X amount of time. Send them on the mission, they'll gather mats at whatever rate the developers thinks appropriate. If cancelled early, whatever funds are unused are returned.

So, when you quit for the night, send them on a 1 day, or 2 day, or 12 hour, or whatever mission.

Easy peezy.

Edited by GnatB

I'd rather them fix the actual game so such an app isn't needed than implement a hacky cludge like this.

Simply add a selection of "unlimited duration" missions that you can fund for X amount of time. Send them on the mission, they'll gather mats at whatever rate the developers thinks appropriate. If cancelled early, whatever funds are unused are returned.

So, when you quit for the night, send them on a 1 day, or 2 day, or 12 hour, or whatever mission.

Easy peezy.

Or just allow you to queue up missions. Being able to queue up 5 missions all at once for one companion would be awesome!

Or just allow you to queue up missions. Being able to queue up 5 missions all at once for one companion would be awesome!

That would certainly be an improvement, but even queing up 5 missions could, depending on the grade of the mats, only be 15 minutes worth of gathering. If you really want to send your companion off gathering grade 1 power crystals for the next 10 hours, you should be able to w/o having to constantly log in (or switch over to that character if already logged in)

I know you can use an app on your iphone like LogMeIn to see stuff and click it, it just makes for a crappy UI. The problem would be that the more people that do it the lower prices would get.

Im not so certain about this. I think it would create a much more competative market, when on many servers people are complaining about their servers economy being dead. And its no different to those people who do nothing but sit in front of their screen while sitting in fleet and just craft/ply their trade. I think it would create great markets where you can find bargins and encourage people to trade more. Yea instead of selling 1 item for 1mil creds you might have to sell 5 for 200k creds, but i think if you are able to craft at a steady rate that should not be a problem... Especially if your crafting items that people find it difficult to get their hands on (end game schematics etc)