Pushback? What is it and why do I want it reduced?

whisspered

Anyone found a glossery for this game yet? I cant seem to find what pushback is or how it relates to the game in any way. I have skills in my tree with a trooper and consular that reduce it.... So im guessing everyone has skills like these?

Unless Im missing something this game really needs to add about 600 entries to the codex. Would love to know what skills to prioritize for companions as well. For example: i'd love to know why Qyzen gets all aim based gear as quest loot when hes melee? Wouldnt strength be better based on codex description of strength? Well if the codex talked about strength anyway......getting my knowledge from what it says about strength in the jedi knight description.

Thx in advance for any info!

pushback is any time your ability cast time is postponed because of the action taken against you by external forces, for example if a healer is actively taking damage while attempting to cast a 3 second spell, let's say for example the cast is 3 seconds, and you take damage while at 1.5s into the case, whatever the pushback % default is without any reductions, you would get "pushed back" to 1s, so whereas you had 1.5s left on your cast you now have 2s again. pushback reduction dampens the pushback caused when damage is taken, as for the specific contexts in this game, i'm not sure if there is anything exclusive, but that is what pushback is. Edited by dajinn-

Pushback is a fairly standard MMO mechanic. On any ability with a channeled ability (Such as Trooper Full Auto) when you take damage it reduces the length of the channel. In the case if Full Auto this will drop the "ticks" of damage from 3-2, meaning you do less damage.

Additionally in the case of abilities with an activation time, such as Charged Shots, taking damage during the activation results in the cast bar resetting a fraction. This can make a 1.5 sec activation into a 2 sec activation, or longer in some games.

It's particularly painful against long cast heals.

Pushback, isn't it when you have a skill that takes time to cast, and when you cast it the cast-bar comes up but if you get attacked/hit when casting it it 'pushes the cast time back (you can see teh cast bar get 'pushbacked' on each hit)' in turn making it take longer to cast.

• 6 months later...
in the case of Qyzen, ignore the standard definition of aim. it counts for him as if it were strength. this way he doesn't have to wear force sencitive armor to get his strenght stats. it allows him to wear regular heavy armor.