Paxton Rall ***!

Solo-Jo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not use paxton rall because I will go insane!! All he says over and over and over is "not my finest hour", he says it when you give him a gift no matter the quality etc, he says it when he makes a kill, heals, or anything. :eek::mad:

Oh goody. Happy Christmas from Bioware lol. :D

I can not use paxton rall because I will go insane!! All he says over and over and over is "not my finest hour", he says it when you give him a gift no matter the quality etc, he says it when he makes a kill, heals, or anything. :eek::mad:

All he says over, and over, and over till I am ready to kill him. I just switched to another companion so at least I don't hear that line all the darn time. BioWare, please fix his lines or better yet, Make him MUTE.

Correct, it doesn't. Instead, you lose Shae and Ranos.

Odd. I accepted the AA for Paxton on my main without noticing any problems. Switched to my alt-main, did the alert, and noticed the issue with Hexid. So I switched back to my main to see if they were also affected, which they were. So I switched to my Warrior, since they use Hexid as their main comp and they still had Hexid. Switched to my Sentinel, summoned Hexid, then accepted the AA for Paxton and as soon as my Sentinel loaded on Odessan Hexid was gone and unavailable. Switched to my Smuggler, which has not started Fallen Empire, and then my Shadow, who has completed through Nathema; on both I used the token and didn't have any problems with Hexid. But on none of my characters, tolen or alert, did I have an issue with Shae.

ETA: none of my characters have started Odessan, either.

Edited by ceryxp

Thanks for the heads up regarding issues, I will wait before accepting his AA on my high level JK, the only one I have done KotFE/ET on.

I used the token on a lowbie smuggler (58) who obviously has not done KotFE/ET etc. I had previously used tokens for Shae and Nico on the same character. I don't yet have Hexid and nor do I have Ranos.

Even after getting Paxton, I still have Shae and Nico available.

I hope this counter example will help to track down the bugs with this new Companion.

Edited by Sambril

I was laughing at his voice lines as well, none of his hours are his finest as it turns out. Also in the recruitment dialog one of the options apparently turns him into Nadia Grell on loop like a literal broken record, hilarious! He clearly got a lot of play-testing before release, lol not

More Star Wars the Bugged Republic™ :rolleyes: Glad I saw this before doing the alliance alert. I'll wait until Feb for a fix (ha-de-ha) then do it on main who is my companion collector. All my alts can grab him from the token. Edited by Sarova

• Dev Post
Only if you accept the Alliance Alert for Paxton. If you use the token that was mailed out that doesn't happen.

This is correct, and I will get this on to the known issues. To reiterate:

• If you acquire Paxton Rall from the Alliance Alert, Darth Hexid becomes unavailable.
  • If you get Paxton Rall from the mail token, there is no effect on Darth Hexid.

Thanks all.

-eric

You're joking right?

No.

https://i.imgur.com/dM0Ewub.jpg

You can clearly see my companion Raxton Pall, and Ranos and Shae in the unavailable list.

EDIT: this character summoned all the possible token companions (yes, I have all of them) except that she hasn't done the HK-55 stuff. Hexid is still there, but Ranos and Shae are not. She played normally through to the end of War on Iokath, and then got the Raxton token and used it.

SECOND EDIT: I had a sudden surge of doubt. I checked carefully. She still has both the Shae and Ranos alerts still open in the top section of the "N" panel.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

No.

https://i.imgur.com/dM0Ewub.jpg

You can clearly see my companion Raxton Pall, and Ranos and Shae in the unavailable list.

EDIT: this character summoned all the possible token companions (yes, I have all of them) except that she hasn't done the HK-55 stuff. Hexid is still there, but Ranos and Shae are not. She played normally through to the end of War on Iokath, and then got the Raxton token and used it.

SECOND EDIT: I had a sudden surge of doubt. I checked carefully. She still has both the Shae and Ranos alerts still open in the top section of the "N" panel.

People on fleet were saying after using a companion for acquiring Paxton, alliance alerts for those companions showed up, but using those alerts reset the influence of those companions to 1.

People on fleet were saying after using a companion for acquiring Paxton, alliance alerts for those companions showed up, but using those alerts reset the influence of those companions to 1.

Huh. Not good.

I'm going to repeat the advice I posted on another thread.

Touch.

Not.

Raxton.

Pall.

This is correct, and I will get this on to the known issues. To reiterate:

• If you acquire Paxton Rall from the Alliance Alert, Darth Hexid becomes unavailable.
  • If you get Paxton Rall from the mail token, there is no effect on Darth Hexid.

Thanks all.

-eric

its a bug tho right?