Community Event Pre-registration is now live!

EricMusco

I registered, but I want my girlfriend to attend with me. Is she going to be turned away since she's not a player? If so, I'll just give my spot up to another player right now. Please let us know ahead of time because I don't want to waste my time trying to get in.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this:

Hey folks,

I wanted to tell you about our new Cantina pre-registration page! You can find the page and some more details on it here. However, let me give you the TLDR on the perks of pre-registering for our Cantinas:

• If you pre-register and attend the Cantina, you are eligible for a pre-registrant exclusive swag drawing!
  • If you pre-register and then redeem that Cantina exclusive pack code, you will receive an additional in-game reward.
  • Pre-registrants will get priority access to the Cantina (you get in first!)
  • Note: RSVPing on Facebook does not count as pre-registering, you must do it through this new page.

You can also see all of our currently planned Cantinas for the year listed there as well. We will update those with the specifics of each event as we have it! Thanks everyone, see you at the Cantina.

-eric

Have anything to do with this:

Please offer these for sell on the cartel market at some point. There are only hundreds of thousands of player who will never have the time, opportunity, convenience of location, or means to visit a cantina tour event.

First, we have no plans to introduce any of our Cantina exclusive items to the Cartel Market. That being said, as part of our ongoing improvements to Cantina's, our new mounts are going to work completely different than how our pets have in the past.

Without going into detail yet, even if you don't go to an event there are definite ways to get the mounts! We will be talking details on this when we do our next livestream which we should be announcing the date for soon.

-eric

My original assumption was yes, but responses like this:

Also, I believe there is one design flaw:

Anyone can get the mount from a friend without having to attend the cantina, so players will just pre-register for all the cantina tours this year, which makes the whole pre-registration kind of pointless. :confused:

On our side of things the code you redeem if you attend, vs the the link you share afterwards are two different things. Meaning pre-registering and redeeming the code from attending is the only thing that will count for the extra reward!

-eric

Seem to contradict that.

Please answer if this pre-registration is a way to get the in-game items 'even if you don't go to an event'. If not can you please share if that feature is still coming or not.

Nothing wrong with a little extra for those who attend though :)

-eric

Maybe not. But from the point of view of those who would love to attend the event just for the event's sake but just don't have the realistic means (flight, hotel etc.) to do it, it looks like they get nose-thumbed, while those who attend get double rewards - the live event and an exclusive reward for attending.

Edited by KyaniteD

Have you considered doing this event in some other cities? Up to now all of the ones I have seen have been on the west coast, Austin, or NYC. For those of us in the Central or South East US, this presents a major investment in time and money for an event lasting only a couple hours. I cannot see making a plane trip, getting a hotel, and renting a car for a 2-3 hour event. Perhaps you might consider some other cities like Indianapolis, St. Louis, Louisville, Cincinnati, Nashville, Atlanta, Chicago, and Orlando.

This seems to be a fairly consistent complaint from players.

This

No there is something wrong with it. Its complete garbage Eric that people that actually attend it get more cause they are able to while players, EU players for example which are just as important as US players (which in my opinion BW keeps forgetting from time to time). I want the same chance on those rewards as physical people that come. That would be FAIR, what you do, is NOT FAIR.

This

Maybe not. But from the point of view of those who would love to attend the event just for the event's sake but just don't have the realistic means (flight, hotel etc.) to do it, it looks like they get nose-thumbed, while those who attend get double rewards - the live event and an exclusive reward for attending.

And This

Have you considered doing this event in some other cities? Up to now all of the ones I have seen have been on the west coast, Austin, or NYC. For those of us in the Central or South East US, this presents a major investment in time and money for an event lasting only a couple hours. I cannot see making a plane trip, getting a hotel, and renting a car for a 2-3 hour event. Perhaps you might consider some other cities like Indianapolis, St. Louis, Louisville, Cincinnati, Nashville, Atlanta, Chicago, and Orlando.

It's nice that some people can take time away from their real life responsibilities to attend one of these events, but what about the rest of those players. Are their $15 bucks a month not as good to get something via a livestream of the event (and not some crappy amateur video recording)? Or should they just unsub from the game so they can save up their money to make the trip instead?

The pre-registration seems rather pointless, since with rewards attached to that everybody is pre-registrating regardless if one can actually make it or not to an event, thus providing wrong data and expectations. I mean for the GamesCom I have neither an exact location (which is not that big of an issue), but I can registrate without even having the exact date?

Indianapolis would be great. We just had a con in March that featured Carrie Fisher, yeah, no Star Wars fans there. And in August we have GenCon, which I believe to be on of the largest, by attendance, gaming conventions in North America.

Gadzooks! Where the heck do I sign up for preregistering! This is gonna be the first time you guys are in my neck of the woods!

Pre-Registration ;)

The pre-registration seems rather pointless, since with rewards attached to that everybody is pre-registrating regardless if one can actually make it or not to an event, thus providing wrong data and expectations. I mean for the GamesCom I have neither an exact location (which is not that big of an issue), but I can registrate without even having the exact date?

I took it to mean that the codes given out at the event will be different from the generated codes to share with friends. The printed event code may be a longer string of characters or may just be registered in their system differently. Either way I'm sure they have a system in place to tell the event code from the share codes.

I HAVE to do this....Where do I pre-register at?

According to the official SWTOR twitter feed, preregistrations for the Anaheim Cantina is closed, all slots full.

link

You'd think this would be worth posting in the forums, but apparently TPTB think otherwise.

Edited by GadgetDon

You'd think this would be worth posting in the forums, but apparently TPTB think otherwise.

Well, the page always said that pre-registration would only be open until April 14th, which gave Musco just enough time to print out the pre-registration list before heading to the airport. So it's not a big surprise that you can no longer pre-register now.

I'd say the "overwhelming response" is mostly a marketing phrase but it may very well be true. I'll definitely make sure to arrive early just in case, it is going to be very crowded.

Hey folks,

I wanted to tell you about our new Cantina pre-registration page! You can find the page and some more details on it here. However, let me give you the TLDR on the perks of pre-registering for our Cantinas:

• If you pre-register and attend the Cantina, you are eligible for a pre-registrant exclusive swag drawing!
  • If you pre-register and then redeem that Cantina exclusive pack code, you will receive an additional in-game reward.
  • Pre-registrants will get priority access to the Cantina (you get in first!)
  • Note: RSVPing on Facebook does not count as pre-registering, you must do it through this new page.

You can also see all of our currently planned Cantinas for the year listed there as well. We will update those with the specifics of each event as we have it! Thanks everyone, see you at the Cantina.

-eric

On our side of things the code you redeem if you attend, vs the the link you share afterwards are two different things. Meaning pre-registering and redeeming the code from attending is the only thing that will count for the extra reward!

-eric

One of the things on the list says that if we pre-register and then redeem the Cantina exclusive pack code, we receive an additional in-game reward. So far, I haven't seen that additional reward. I've seen the Cantina pack with the mount and the random item, but it seems that even people who didn't pre-register are getting the random item so I don't think that is the additional reward. Just wondering what the additional reward was, if there is any.

Cantina event was great. Glad I drove to Anaheim for it. I also like the way that those mount codes are being handled so that everyone has the potential to get the mount, yet at the same time with it being possible for everyone to get the mount, it takes away that exclusive limited feel to it. At least for now, after a couple months when the original codes expire, they will stop being generated but I don't see them being rare. But that's another reason that I'm hoping there is an additional reward for those who pre-registered, attended, and used the code so there is some exclusivity.

Edited by Somagore

One of the things on the list says that if we pre-register and then redeem the Cantina exclusive pack code, we receive an additional in-game reward. So far, I haven't seen that additional reward. I've seen the Cantina pack with the mount and the random item, but it seems that even people who didn't pre-register are getting the random item so I don't think that is the additional reward. Just wondering what the additional reward was, if there is any.

Cantina event was great. Glad I drove to Anaheim for it. I also like the way that those mount codes are being handled so that everyone has the potential to get the mount, yet at the same time with it being possible for everyone to get the mount, it takes away that exclusive limited feel to it. At least for now, after a couple months when the original codes expire, they will stop being generated but I don't see them being rare. But that's another reason that I'm hoping there is an additional reward for those who pre-registered, attended, and used the code so there is some exclusivity.

I'd like to know about that other reward as well, what happened to it?

And don't worry too much about the speeders not being exclusive, the redemption page in your account says that the codes/links only work for the 60 days after the event, so once those 60 days are over, no one can get the mount anymore, no matter when the link was generated. :)

Edited by Jerba

Yes, yes, yes. Please. Information on this?

I know there's some hangup with the codes for some people (myself included) so maybe there is some sort of delay with the "pre-registration bonus". I just think if the little extra, random item in the "pack" is the "bonus in-game item" would be a failure...since everyone got them.

• Dev Post
Yes, yes, yes. Please. Information on this?

I know there's some hangup with the codes for some people (myself included) so maybe there is some sort of delay with the "pre-registration bonus". I just think if the little extra, random item in the "pack" is the "bonus in-game item" would be a failure...since everyone got them.

The pre-registration / attendance bonus is still coming. I will make sure the copy is more clear but that actual bonus comes at a later date. It doesn't happen at the same time as the code redemption itself. It should happen in the next week or two most likely. I will keep you all updated on timing.

You will receive more information on that bonus in your email (the one tied to your account, not in-game).

-eric