Future of PVP

Acolytus

Imagine this... A new player just finishes his/her starter world quests and arrives at his/her fraction's space station for the first time. He/She meets his advanced class trainer and makes his/her choice. He/She then goes to a quest giving vender and receives a quest to go to a war zone...

He/She queues into the war zone excited to try out SWTOR PVP... He/She leaves the safe zone... and...

POW Fully PVP geared Level 50 Juggernaut Leaps at him, CC, Force Choke, AOE, Slow, CC, Pew Pew.

DEAD.

Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope. He/She ain't going back for another 40 levels.

Yeah. Really. Is this the kind of "non-ganking" pvp that you designed us to have BW?

Edited by Acolytus

Imagine this... A new player just finishes his/her starter world quests and arrives at his/her fraction's space station for the first time. He/She meets his advanced class trainer and makes his/her choice. He/She then goes to a quest giving vender and receives a quest to go to a war zone...

He/She queues into the war zone excited to try out SWTOR PVP... He/She leaves the safe zone... and...

POW Fully PVP geared Level 50 Juggernaut Leaps at him, CC, Force Choke, AOE, Slow, CC, Pew Pew.

DEAD.

Yeah. Really. Is this the kind of "non-ganking" pvp that you designed us to have BW?

If a person runs off alone and tries to be a hero - the bolster system will not help them.

If the person played with their team as they are supposed to, the level difference wouldnt mean much, unless the matchmaking system stuffed up and matched 8 lvl 10s against 8 50s.

Thats pretty rare though.

Stop trying to solo lvl 50s as a lvl 10 and you'll be fine :)

When I see skilled level 15s topping leaderboards in medals and damage, I seriously doubt the levels are as bad as you make out, even with 40s running around.

Of course, anyone who gets stomped first game and quits PvP until 50, aren't PvP'ers. True PvP'ers understand it takes time to master.

It can happen, it's what's called skill, and experience.

One day, you may understand.

TH

When I see skilled level 15s topping leaderboards in medals and damage, I seriously doubt the levels are as bad as you make out, even with 40s running around.

Of course, anyone who gets stomped first game and quits PvP until 50, aren't PvP'ers. True PvP'ers understand it takes time to master.

It can happen, it's what's called skill, and experience.

One day, you may understand.

Well said.

There really should also be something said about levels and gear. The fact that you do get your stats boosted should make you more then happy..... Imagine that scenario in reverse.

You are a lvl 50 Jugg -- You've just rocked house in Taral V a couple times (and wherever else lvl 50's go), decked out in all sorts of disgusting gear. You Q for a warzone, get in and leap into action against a lvl 15 noob that hasn't even reached Couresant yet. And what do ya know, that little lvl 15 kills you.. Hmmm

"The Jedi Commandos" just lost respect in my book... Hope you don't play on my server

Edited by RJChief

its called skill try it out

getting roflstomped is part of learning

*** does this even mean? skill? It has nothing to do with skill ya tool. It is totally a difference in SKILLs abilities and gear at this point. The most skillful level 10 in the game is gonna have a problem ...especially if that person is a melee class. So how about you use some logic here. It makes no damn sense whatsoever to have level 50's or even level 20's in the same warzone as a fresh level 10.

*** Bioware? I know you haven't done an MMO before but really? this should be common damn sense to the most casual observer. Yeah I know you have bolster. But it does not replace the skills/talents/armor/what-have-you of a level 50 compared to a level 10.

Very lame pvp design. VERY LAME. So much potential too. When I happen to actually have a warzone where there aren't level 30+ this game is fun as hell. But the level difference is very noticeable when they are there.

I agree on brackets, boosted to the top of the bracket, ala Warhammer.

And to the people parroting skill, WoW armory link or ****. Thing is, anyone over 2200 will weigh in on the side of logic that says 'yes, you have too few of your AC abilities available before skill even enters in.

YES, you can stand in the back, and try to not get waffled. That's not a skill...that's waiting your turn to have fun.

the thread starter totally has a point, disregard all the poor trolls in this thread.

bolstering in and by itself is great but no brackets in PvP is a horrible idea. A separate 50 bracket is a must, but I think 10-30 31-49 would also work really well. current system is poop.

DEAD.

Use of "he/she" may give you a politically correct warm fuzzy, but it's distracting as heck if you're actually trying to communicate something with your writing.

You might have had a good point in here somewhere, but who can tell?

DEAD.

He/shes? Are you saying there are transvestites in the Warzones who are detracting from your PvP fun? Or that the future of PvP in SWTOR involves them somehow?

DEAD.

lol, sorry but i have to say it. youmadbro?? haha

the pvp issue(if there is any) is too soon to tell if it's imbalanced or just fine.

i will agree, it's a bit wired. they seem to match just about every level in the random bg's... but they even out with the buff's, increase in damage, increase in hit points etc

i think this is just for starters. let people get the feel for it right now, and then they will bring level ranges later.