StunStunStun Quit

snadelle

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The removal of stuns must be one of the worst ideas ever to be honest. PvP is about more than trying to smash your opponent into a bloody pulp every second. Clear thinking and strategy have always been crucial and the usages of stuns at the right time must be a factor. The resolve system is put into place to ensure that no person can be utterly stunlocked for extended periods which I believed it did better pre 1.4 than currently. However the solution can never be to remove stuns entirely. I myself play a Sage/Sorcerer, the only light armor class with average 1-1 dps. In situations with certain classes such as Marauders/Sentinels and Guardian/Juggernauts there is no possible way I could survive a situation without a stun to buy myself time and space. The good execution of stuns in games such as Voidstar and Huttball is also crucial to the success of many matches where a good placed stun can enable your team to complete ones objective.

What Bioware needs to look into is how to properly deal with the current resolve issues that people have been presenting. There needs to be a harsher penalty for failing to correctly time your stuns and a more noticeable period where you are immune to further effects. At the same time there must be a balance so that classes with more 1-1 prowess do not run around with constantly filled resolve bars.

Stuns are a part of this game. Don't like stuns? Don't play this game.

I like that a well-timed stun, knockback, snare, etc can turn the tide in a WZ, allow your team to complete a cap or let the ball carrier score in Huttall.

Stuns are a part of this game. Save your breaker to stop the cap. Be patient.

You couldn't be more right, however, is this the best Bioware could do with pvp? Even Remotely close?

The removal of stuns must be one of the worst ideas ever to be honest. PvP is about more than trying to smash your opponent into a bloody pulp every second. Clear thinking and strategy have always been crucial and the usages of stuns at the right time must be a factor. The resolve system is put into place to ensure that no person can be utterly stunlocked for extended periods which I believed it did better pre 1.4 than currently. However the solution can never be to remove stuns entirely. I myself play a Sage/Sorcerer, the only light armor class with average 1-1 dps. In situations with certain classes such as Marauders/Sentinels and Guardian/Juggernauts there is no possible way I could survive a situation without a stun to buy myself time and space. The good execution of stuns in games such as Voidstar and Huttball is also crucial to the success of many matches where a good placed stun can enable your team to complete ones objective.

What Bioware needs to look into is how to properly deal with the current resolve issues that people have been presenting. There needs to be a harsher penalty for failing to correctly time your stuns and a more noticeable period where you are immune to further effects. At the same time there must be a balance so that classes with more 1-1 prowess do not run around with constantly filled resolve bars.

I agree with all that. I would further say that I ENJOY a well-executed stun for an objective based game, whether it's on offense or defense. Yeah, it sucks to get stun-locked by two guys for 8 seconds in a row and not make it to the end of the stuns, but these two guys just blew two CDs and it's no surprise that you can't take on two foes and survive for long. Aside from times like that, which are rare enough, it's still fun to use these:

--The hand to the face in Huttball in the end zone (Force Choke, Electrocute, etc) to walk into the score.

--Flashbang or area knock back -- or both! -- to stop spawning defenders from stopping the cap in VS.

--Four-seond stun used to "waste" an attacker's CD duration or to buy time for a healer friend to heal up or escape.

--The well-timed use of a stun breaker to stop the cap.

--Being PATIENT and not using your breaker when you solo guarding a node; calling Inc and saving your breaker for the second CC. Yes, that means just sit there. Let your resolve build while you plan our next move.

--And so on.

It's part of the game. And it's fun, especially with some adjustments and greater visual predictability to resolve and maybe a tweak to the Sorc bubble (in exchange for a slight DPS buff, per chance).

Edited by DroidDreamer

Two pulls giving you 1/4th a resolve bar is just idiotic. Stuns are fine, give us immunity to said stuns so people don't chain stun you to death. I've had sages literally stun me 4 times in a row without evne attacking. It makes PvP pointless and stupid.

It's common knowledge that resolve is only good for looking at in the spawn. It's useless. Make it not useless, and it would be fine.

Two pulls giving you 1/4th a resolve bar is just idiotic. Stuns are fine, give us immunity to said stuns so people don't chain stun you to death. I've had sages literally stun me 4 times in a row without evne attacking. It makes PvP pointless and stupid.

It's common knowledge that resolve is only good for looking at in the spawn. It's useless. Make it not useless, and it would be fine.

The bubble stun is bugged. Also, two pulls gives u more than 1/4 resolve.

What we need is dimishing returns on getting stunned/CC'd like from other MMO's, WoW , Rift.

I think after using your CC breaker you shouldnt be able to be re stunned for atleast 1.5 seconds.

Its retarded that you get stunned/CC'd right after using a breaker.

Its a never ending cycle , two players can lock out 1 person until hes dead without putting up a fight like them doing 0 damage since they are perma stunned

Edited by FloppyRabbit

My opinion:

Warrior roots. < - remove it. Give them something else. (Yes, I know this is not a stun and you can continue on dreaming on how you can do something for 30 seconds in one spot while they are rooting you)

Bubble - make it explode only on Sorcerer that cast the bubble. (Last thing someone needs is the stun after the root)

Grenades - remove it. (Nice combination with roots and bubble stun. Then the fun starts, if you survive long enough)

p.s. Also, remove stims. Remove medpacks and adrenals. Add some cool looking speeders, weapons that can be bought only by PvP'ing. Put it for 3k+ ranked commendation if needed. You know, just like that Praxon Bloodline that only drops from the last HM boss in Denova. :cool:

Just to make it clear before someone bombs me: I think they should not remove stuns and I do not like Guild Wars AT ALL!

Edited by Boyana

I do feel that the stuns are a bit over done. Playing hutt ball yesterday I received the bal got stunned escaped and took zero steps and was stunned again... there should be diminishing returns for stuns like 50% stun resist buff for 10 secs after you use escape, or have been recently stunned.

Resolve system is easily fixed with with time based stuns. Current resolve system delivers the full value of the stun instantly. Time based stuns build resolve based on how long you are stunned and the level of severity of the stun. Hard stuns build resolve very fast. mezes and roots build resolve slowly. Once full resolve is reached all impairments are removed from you and you receive immunity from any stun, root, slow, knockback etc for 4 seconds. Resolve is constantly decaying at a standard rate. This means that you can still stun the player however you are prevented from dumping your stuns on that player over a short time period and then beating him to death.

Also it doesn't matter how many people you are fighting be it 1 or 100. You can only be stunned for a specific amount of time before you regain control of your character.

"You idiot, 'NASA' stands for North American Space Association."

you arent serious with this quote right? you are just quoting somebodies stupid comment i truly hope.

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) which they are moving to privatize now. which will be very cool.

anyway, back on topic. Simple fix for this.... if you get CC'd with anything.. you get 3/4 of a resolve bar... if you get CC'd again you get the FULL resolve bar you immediately and get immunity right away, you are freed from the current CC and the timer starts. this would ensure that people CC more smarter.

another way, change the way CC works. anytime you are stunned you cant be damaged. This will also be used more tactically. CC means CROWD CONTROL. Not EASY WIN AND KILL WITH STUN.

me personally id prefer the first one. BAsically you get one CC and it works.. but if another numbskull comes by and throws his CC on.. then you are freeing that person and giving them immunity.

This is much more for tactics and control then the current system. any 2 CC's gives you a resolve bar that works immediately.

Resolve system is easily fixed with with time based stuns. Current resolve system delivers the full value of the stun instantly. Time based stuns build resolve based on how long you are stunned and the level of severity of the stun. Hard stuns build resolve very fast. mezes and roots build resolve slowly. Once full resolve is reached all impairments are removed from you and you receive immunity from any stun, root, slow, knockback etc for 4 seconds. Resolve is constantly decaying at a standard rate. This means that you can still stun the player however you are prevented from dumping your stuns on that player over a short time period and then beating him to death.

Also it doesn't matter how many people you are fighting be it 1 or 100. You can only be stunned for a specific amount of time before you regain control of your character.

You do realize you can only be stunned 8 sec in a row currently?

you arent serious with this quote right? you are just quoting somebodies stupid comment i truly hope.

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) which they are moving to privatize now. which will be very cool.

anyway, back on topic. Simple fix for this.... if you get CC'd with anything.. you get 3/4 of a resolve bar... if you get CC'd again you get the FULL resolve bar you immediately and get immunity right away, you are freed from the current CC and the timer starts. this would ensure that people CC more smarter.

another way, change the way CC works. anytime you are stunned you cant be damaged. This will also be used more tactically. CC means CROWD CONTROL. Not EASY WIN AND KILL WITH STUN.

me personally id prefer the first one. BAsically you get one CC and it works.. but if another numbskull comes by and throws his CC on.. then you are freeing that person and giving them immunity.

This is much more for tactics and control then the current system. any 2 CC's gives you a resolve bar that works immediately.

Terrible idea. All cc are not created equal. Stuns are much better than mezzes, pulls, or kbs. They should not all give the same amount of resolve.

They really need to lower the CD of the CC breaker to 30 to 45 seconds. Or make the resolve system break you out of the CC after you reach a certain amount of damage. 800 would break if you lose 15% of your health at which point your character would use a CC breaker and get of it.

Or just refresh the CD of the CC breaker when you 1000.

you know ..I wouldnt care about stuns at all if the resolve system would work.

I mean ...getting a stun while your bar is at 90 % ...the stun fills it completely ...your resolve bar is full, yet you are stunned for the whole duration. You die ...you respawn. You resolve bar runs out again.

O_o ***.

you know ..I wouldnt care about stuns at all if the resolve system would work.

I mean ...getting a stun while your bar is at 90 % ...the stun fills it completely ...your resolve bar is full, yet you are stunned for the whole duration. You die ...you respawn. You resolve bar runs out again.

O_o ***.

That's exactly it.... take the resolve system and shove it up the ___'S ACE.......working as intended

That's exactly it.... take the resolve system and shove it up the ___'S ACE.......working as intended

"I hear what you're saying and the answer is no!"

Anyway, more serious note, I'm all for diminishing returns on stuns, faster stun breakers, something! If you're worried about "wrecking ball" maras in Huttball, or even Jugs, Sins w/e, just make it to where the ball carrier gets a debuff that makes them easier to CC or something. It's not that hard, it already gives a slow debuff.

Also, effects that happen PvE and PvP could be different, you could still take the stuns out of PvP by making it to where players can't CC each other. That wouldn't mess with PvE at all (not that it matters in PvP thread, don't even know why you're in this forum whoever said that,} but that would leave us with rebalance issues.

I don't care how it's fixed, I just hate being stunned 60%of the time or more in a WZ, it's just plain not fun.

Edited by Exhaltia

Could it be that all of this complaining over CC be really a case of one's ego overtaking the rational side of one's mind, enraging them when they realize they have no influence let alone control of what is to become of their character? I don't see anything unfair about CCs, especially considering that every class has several forms of it.

We could just as easily complain about DoTs doing damage to us because "we don't see anything hitting us" but we don't. The only real difference between a DoT and a CC is the amount of control one has over their character under its influence. Actually, isn't CC benign in comparison to being set on fire, coated in acid, or hemorrhaging blood? CCs don't do considerable damage, they just keep you locked in place.

Interesting :jawa_redface:

Edited by BlazingShadow

Could it be that all of this complaining over CC be really a case of one's ego overtaking the rational side of one's mind, enraging them when they realize they have no influence let alone control of what is to become of their character? I don't see anything unfair about CCs, especially considering that every class has several forms of it.

We could just as easily complain about DoTs doing damage to us because "we don't see anything hitting us" but we don't. The only real difference between a DoT and a CC is the amount of control one has over their character under its influence. Actually, isn't CC benign in comparison to being set on fire, coated in acid, or hemorrhaging blood? CCs don't do considerable damage, they just keep you locked in place.

Interesting :jawa_redface:

So, basically, what you're saying is.

Nerf operatives?