Target of target?

SoupyNuggs

There is a way to do it. At least there was in beta.. I haven't used it though, I typically just watch the screen :o

more of a convenience issue, like being able to quickly switch targets when pvping with friends, or being able to quickly select tank's target in flashpoints.

wish we could write assist macros in swtor, too. or any simple macro

Why is "target's target" a must have?

The only thing it does, is make it easier for you to know who they are targeting, not impossible.

Now we have to pay more attention to what´s happening on the screen instead of just looking at the UI.

Isn't that a good thing?

It's different from other Mmo's, and I like it.

/Bird

Edited by Birdflew

The only thing it does, is make it easier for you to know who they are targeting, not impossible.

Now we have to pay more attention to what´s happening on the screen instead of just looking at the UI.

Isn't that a good thing?

/Bird

Not a must have, perhaps. But it sure makes my life a litte brighter place to live in.

People can argue back and forth for an eternity if less UI enhancement is a good thing or not, and it usually end up in a flame-fest with no real arguments.

But imo, is there any wrong in letting each player customize his or her UI the way they like for a more enjoyable playing experience? Each for her own, I like the option to be there.

Off to sleep. Merry Christmas everyone.

Isn't that a good thing?

/Bird

well the biggest reason is to know when a player is switching targets to you or a teammate. To mark the healer that your buddy found, to be able to interrupt that heal that would have saved an enemies life, when another player burn CD's and you need to CC him. It allows you to increase your effectiveness in matches.

I think the lack of information that the UI has currently will push some hardcore players away.

And its simple things that they didn't put in. Like a combat log, target of target, macros ect.

well the biggest reason is to know when a player is switching targets to you or a teammate. To mark the healer that your buddy found, to be able to interrupt that heal that would have saved an enemies life, when another player burn CD's and you need to CC him. It allows you to increase your effectiveness in matches.

I think the lack of information that the UI has currently will push some hardcore players away.

And its simple things that they didn't put in. Like a combat log, target of target, macros ect.

Don't get me started on macros. ;)

"We have to pay more attention to what's happening on the screen instead of just looking at the screen."

Not sure if serious.

Edited by SweetNausea

I really hope this is added at some point, from both a PvE and a PvP standpoint. I'ts hard to konw where to anticipate damage if you can't see where the target is applying DPS. It makes healing far to reactionary to feel crisp and skillful. It's all spam and hope they randomly stop taking damage.

Isn't that a good thing?

/Bird

Nobody said it was impossible. That's great that you like it but most people don't and it's not always about you Bird.

Is it really necessary for you to post on every thread that criticizes anything in the game? I understand you're a super fangirl and all but seriously give it a break. The PvP in this game is not well thought out and the combat system is average at best.

Isn't that a good thing?

/Bird

While I won't necessarily complain that we don't have it. It's particularly useful for stealth classes in PvP, as you can see if someone has targeted you through your stealth or not :)

From a Tanking perspective, it is nice to be able to see that you are keeping aggro or see right when aggro switches so you can pop a taunt. It's not a necessity I suppose but it is definitely a missed convenience.

Glad to know about assist target though. That will be good to pass along to DPS friends.

Isn't that a good thing?

/Bird

I'd rather have the game be different from other MMO's by having something more unique, like character stories or voiced quests, rather than removing a UI element everyone is used to.

Just sayin'.

Actually, there are two keybinds you must have for this to work:

- one is "set main assist"

- other is "acquire target's target"

Problem with this is that

a. it frequently bugs out Unit Frames

b. Main Assist portrait / hp bar is covering enemy cast time bar

c. to "acquire target's target" you MUST click first on the main assist portrait. This is extremely retarded >_<

d. whole system is buggy as hell and quite frankly for now it's better to use vent then in-game assist.

This game needs mods and it needs them bad!

I'm not talking about PVE which every half-retarded dumb monkey can do but PVP in environment that's both unresponsive and badly designed.

Besides, to every troll that says "watch the screen": try tabing thru a cluster of 8 enemies to get the right target you are supposed to assist on!