V is for Vigilance ... R is for Rotation

Didjeridoo

S^ Nurds =P

I've had a bit of a hard time figuring out how to play this new build so I thought I'd relay some things I've learned.

PvP Vigilance:

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/guardian/17/?build=021200100000000000000000000000000322202221220031212203200300010000000000000000000000000000000000&ver=20

Some quick comments about this build. I am not well geared and I have zero augments in any of it right now, but with this spec and my current mods I'm at 99.5% accuracy. Also, I feel speccing into Swift Slash is a waste of six points. The only force attacks we really deal, and please correct me if I'm wrong, are Force Stasis and Sweep, so Insight is useless to us. Slash and Force Sweep are low priority fillers for us ... so why loose points trying to buff fillers? Comparatively speaking, the attainable talents in the Defense tree round us out quite nicely by increasing Master Strike damage, increasing focus generation, and giving us greater survivability.

Rotation:

There is no fluid rotation beyond the initial sequence anymore since 2.0. We have to be on top of our Keening procs. It seems to be the consensus that using Dispatch and Master Strike as priority filler is in our best interest. This means that beyond our opener there is no specific walking through of our hotkeys. The best way to talk about rotation is to talk about priority.

Opener:

Saber Throw > Force Leap > Master Strike > Sundering Strike (use before MS if you don't have Sundering Throw)

Burn:

Plasma Brand > Overhead Slash > Blade Storm (with Force Rush)

Priority fillers;

Master Strike (on cooldown/proc) > Dispatch (on cooldown/proc) > Sundering Strike

Non-Priority fillers;

Saber Throw > Force Sweep > Strike

It will take some practice to find your fingers, so think about what you are going to do before every fight until it becomes muscle memory. Please no trolling. Constructive criticism is welcome >8-)

Shout out to White Sun/Black Sun on Jung Ma!

The only force attacks we really deal, and please correct me if I'm wrong, are Force Stasis and Sweep, so Insight is useless to us.

force sweep, force stasis, force push, blade storm, and plasma brand.

Slash and Force Sweep are low priority fillers for us ... so why loose points trying to buff fillers?

i find swelling winds to be a better investment than improved sundering strike. force sweep may be a filler, but for us vigilance guardians, it's a focus-free filler! so why not take advantage of that and increase it's stomping power a bit.

force sweep, force stasis, force push, blade storm, and plasma brand.

i find swelling winds to be a better investment than improved sundering strike. force sweep may be a filler, but for us vigilance guardians, it's a focus-free filler! so why not take advantage of that and increase it's stomping power a bit.

I stand corrected if Blade Storm and Plasma Brand are indeed force attacks. Insight seems moderately useful in light of that. Still from a PvP perspective, I think six points into Force won't net you as much as 6 into Defense will.

i actually don't care much for insight or swift slash. while a boost to crit chance in some areas is always welcome, it's not as reliable as a static dmg boost like master focus and swelling winds. i like increasing the dmg of my attacks as much as possible so long as my chosen spec allows it.

this is the build i'm currently using.

Edited by BlueArbiter

Howdy Folks,

I have found that Noxxic has really good guides. located at noxxic.com they cover all the specs for SWTOR also Diablo and wow. including rotations and talent builds.

Hope this helps,

Doug