Expertise 2.0 : no DMR!

funkiestj

Removed diminishing returns from Expertise such that each point of Expertise will now grant a consistent percentage of bonus until the hard cap is reached. Hard Caps are as follows

PvP Damage Boost – 60%

PvP Healing Boost – 35%

PvP Damage Reduction – 37.5%

has anyone played with this yet? Comments?

in my opinion it's insane, ill test it asap but 60% DMG ***... and just a 35% dmg reduce ??? people will die faster than it is right now :/ ...

Except the DR is up there so that there might as well not be a DR; maybe all values will stay relatively the same, and expertise is basically now linear.

in my opinion it's insane, ill test it asap but 60% DMG ***... and just a 35% dmg reduce ??? people will die faster than it is right now :/ ...

currently expertise damage boost and damage reduction cancel one another out if attacker an defender have the same expertise. In the future this is still the case. I think you are not familiar with the formula:

actual_dmg = dmg * (1 + exp_boost) * (1 - exp_dmg_reduction).

if exp_boost = 60% and exp_dmg_reduction = 37.5% then actual_dmg = dmg.

NOTE: the correct numbers are 35% for healing boost, 37.5% for damage reduction

Removed diminishing returns from Expertise such that each point of Expertise will now grant a consistent percentage of bonus until the hard cap is reached. Hard Caps are as follows

• PvP Damage Boost – 60%
  • PvP Healing Boost – 35%
  • PvP Damage Reduction – 37.5%